3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   The Miracle of Pants! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/167154-miracle-pants.html)

LunaValkyrie 03-18-2009 05:51 PM

The Miracle of Pants!

As the tortoise would say, "Slow and steady win the race"

Its such a great feeling the first time you actually drop a pants size!!! I've gone from a 14-16, to 12 :P Although my budget doesnt support shopping, I did save some of my old pants, and I do have some belts thankfully. But I dont plan on staying this size forever, or else I would buy new cloths. Ok, maybe I'll binge and get that pencil skirt I've been eyeing. So exciting! I just hope others can share in this experience too! ^_^:carrot:

LittleMoonRabbit 03-18-2009 06:11 PM

Congrats! That's awesome news! Keep going, you are doing amazingly well!

Thighs Be Gone 03-18-2009 06:35 PM

Awesome news! If nothing else, go to a nice shop and try on all the cute clothes in your new size! You see how great you look without spending a dime!

LunaValkyrie 03-19-2009 07:43 PM

Yes!! Exactly Thighs_Be_Gone... and I couldnt agree with your name more. thats where 80% of my weight sits. Actually, my sister inlaw and I used to go shopping and we would pick out cloths for eachother , and then try them on and take pics with our camera phones...sounds like its time for an other round :D I'll post em if I do!

yoyoma 03-19-2009 08:31 PM

Congratulations! I love it when I can take some of my thinner clothes out of storage (haven't been able to do *that* for a while because of a bump in the road around Xmas).

Have you considered shopping at thrift and consignment stores? There are some awesome bargains to be had!

amynbebes 03-19-2009 08:57 PM

Congrats, what a good feeling!

Cee8ee 03-22-2009 06:54 PM

That is so awesome... I am still in a 216 and tried a coupla 14's I have still in my wardrobe...and no can do. I think I have it figured out.. At 185 ~ size 16, At 165 ~ size 14 and at 145 ~ size 12, then at 125, size 10. I will be happy with a 12.. for sure...

CAT

Girlie 03-23-2009 01:47 PM

I'm pulling old stuff off the shelves that have been goals to fit into and they're loose! It's a GREAT feeling...but unfortunately, I have no money right now so I'm wearing extra loose clothes every day and I feel frumpy - I want to show off this waist that I'm getting!

I started out in size 22's and am in 18 right now but most of my work clothes are 20's. I wish I had the money to buy new stuff but by the time I get some basics, in a few months those will be too small. So I think it will be worth being frumpy for a few months until I really need to invest in some summer clothes.

I try to buy a-line dresses that I wear with cardigans and tights, and then I can wear w/o tights or cardigans as the weather gets warmer. They'll get looser, but at least I don't have to worry about them falling off. I could even start wearing them with belts.