Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #1  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

S/C/G: 300/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Oh, Where to begin! C*E*L*E*B*R*A*T*E!

1. I made my 3rd food mini-goal, to stay on the Flat Belly Diet through Oct. 1.
2. I made my September fitness goal - 660 minutes of exercise, with 729 minutes!
3. I hit 35 pounds lost this week. 23% of goal.
4. I forgot to celebrate (so will do it now) 10! Count-em! inches off my waist. Actually, 10.75 as of yesterday.
5. Maybe most important, I had a goal (unwritten) to get back to my *real* workout program (CrossFit) and I'm in week 2 there, and in full swing.
6. I successfully got 8 hours sleep about 5 of last eight nights (another unwritten goal), and
7. I just ran more than walked my 200 meter runs this morning, first time, and first time running in the daytime (always exercised at night so neighbors wouldn't see).

HAPPY DAY!!!
delitaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #3  

Fantastic!!!!! Keep up the great work. Your story is very motivational, thanks for sharing!
IBCruzNSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #4  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, Delita!! I'm a fellow tarheel (about an hour west of you!) Setting small goals seems so much more manageable, and kudos to you for accomplishing so many of them at once! I need to adopt your mindset, and realize that I can't and don't HAVE to see "it" as one big goal; it will only frustrate me! I bet you had a wonderful celebration, and keep up the good work.
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/232/135

Congrats to you! Wow think about that for a minute....10 inches off of your waist. That has to have cut out so many health risks. Not only are you looking healthier physically but think about how much healthier that has to be. Wow! That is awesome. Keep up the good work....
txnikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #7  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi1975 View Post
Thank you! I'm quite excited as you can tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCruzNSoon View Post

Fantastic!!!!! Keep up the great work. Your story is very motivational, thanks for sharing!
Oh, thanks for the carrot! That's pretty much how I feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisluv View Post
Congratulations, Delita!! I'm a fellow tarheel (about an hour west of you!) Setting small goals seems so much more manageable, and kudos to you for accomplishing so many of them at once! I need to adopt your mindset, and realize that I can't and don't HAVE to see "it" as one big goal; it will only frustrate me! I bet you had a wonderful celebration, and keep up the good work.
Funny, yes - it is where a celebration to me now is to stay on plan - to get to do the things I'm learning to love. ;-) Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Congratulations!
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnikita View Post
Congrats to you! Wow think about that for a minute....10 inches off of your waist. That has to have cut out so many health risks. Not only are you looking healthier physically but think about how much healthier that has to be. Wow! That is awesome. Keep up the good work....
Wow - you are right. I know my BMI has come down 5-6 points. Mostly it is how much I feel better, how much I move better, how much I have more energy. I can wear normal looking style shirts without looking like it's a tent. I feel better about myself. I make other people feel better. It seems endless!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! IT IS SO GREAT ON THIS SITE TO HAVE PEOPLE TO CELEBRATE WITH!! THANK YOU!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #8  
I will do it!!

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to you!!!
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #9  

Question Congratulations!

If I may ask, what program are you on?

Do you count calories or something else?

I would love to know, because your success of losing 10 inches on your waist is GREAT!
noneofyourbixwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #10  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysej View Post
Congrats to you!!!
Thanks! You are doing great as well! Doesn't it feel good??
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #11  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneofyourbixwax View Post
If I may ask, what program are you on?

Do you count calories or something else?

I would love to know, because your success of losing 10 inches on your waist is GREAT!
The weight loss and "waist loss" have come over four years, with 16.2 pounds and 3 inches in the last almost 8 weeks. You can find out more in my diet-blog, but the biggest secret I have (besides solid dieting) is using *good fats* and other foods that help you burn fat. The diet I've been on is the Flat Belly Diet but I'm not changing to another I think is better suited to me, the Paleo Diet. They both use *good fats* so I expect the waistline loss to continue. You can do this!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great job!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote