3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Then and Now...a big freaking realization (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/104995-then-now-big-freaking-realization.html)

mandalinn82 02-18-2007 10:34 PM

Then and Now...a big freaking realization

Then:
-Size 24, 295 lbs
-Couldn't rollerskate for more than 10 minutes without running out of breath.
-Could only be satisfied with the "Biggie" fries
-Ate fast food every day, literally
-Could only last 5 min on the elliptical
-Ate a salad every 4 months or so
-Always felt tired and sick
-Had 5-6 headaches a week
-Had a knee which dislocated regularly (every month or so) and hurt constantly
-Felt horribly ugly in clothes
-Never wanted cute things - they were not only hard to find, but nothing that big felt cute to me..ever.
-Wore all cotton underwear with no effort at looking sexy
Now
-Size 12, 181 lbs
-Rollerskated for an hour and 45 minutes, with a cold, and still wanted to go for more.
-Craved some fries, split a kids size with a friend, and was totally satisfied.
-Have eaten fast food less than once a month for the past 8 months
-Regularly go for an hour on the elliptical at a high resistance
-Crave salad at least twice a week
-Feel better when I'm ACTUALLY sick than I did well at my largest.
-Have a migraine or two every month.
-Haven't had a knee dislocation in 5 months
-Feel adorable in clothes
-Find myself developing a shopping addiction...because everything looks cute! And I can have my choice of cute things, in stores I never imagined I'd shop in.
-Am addicted to sexy undergarments, and to feeling sexy in general.

I feel sexy and alive and I just needed to share it with people! (By the way - I had my "a ha!" moment this weekend - my eyes caught up with my body and I felt like the cute little thing I am.

This is me: :D

JaimePhan 02-18-2007 10:38 PM

What an awesome thread! Congrats, and you are adorable!!! :D

lilybelle 02-18-2007 10:41 PM

Mandalinn, that is awesome. Congratulations. I'm glad you are feeling so positive about yourself. WTG. You have done awesome.

boaterswife 02-18-2007 10:42 PM

Mandalinn, that is AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you, I'm about to burst! Good for you for coming to those realizations, they are so satisfying.

I went shopping this afternoon for a nice outfit for an upcoming event at the state capitol....dress slacks, something for on top, etc. This is out of the norm for me as I get to wear jeans and things to school everyday, and I haven't bought and dress clothes since I started losing weight in August. I spent three hours, in ONE store, trying on pair after pair of pants. For once in my life, I had trouble deciding....not because I was disgusted with all of it, but because it was all cute, but I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that I plan to shrink out of! That was an a-ha moment for me!

cinderly 02-18-2007 10:55 PM

Amanda, I'll super-happy for you! I'm so, so glad your eyes (and brain) have caught up with the rest of you.

Every time I see your ticker or stats under your ADORABLE photo, I grin for ya.

Be very proud of yourself - you rock!

walking2lose 02-18-2007 11:09 PM

You look fantastic! I bought the realage book today by dr. oz... I'd say your lifestyle changes have made you at least 5 years younger! Way to go!!!!!

beautifulone 02-18-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 1577734)
-Wore all cotton underwear with no effort at looking sexy

:o oh my gosh that is what I do! I didn't think I was the only one but I never heard anyone else mention it!

I really like this post Mandalinn. I always look forward to reading your posts, I enjoy them and this one's definitely up there with the others :)

Sounds like you're right on track and feeling it too! That's awesome. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! :D

rockinrobin 02-19-2007 12:18 AM

Mandalinn I am so very happy for you. Isn't this weightloss just something else? I just can't believe what a difference there is in my life. How things that used to be unbearable, exercise, clothes shopping (and wearing) are now so incredibly ENJOYABLE. And your health, fantastic. I realized a week or so ago how before my lifestyle change I had heartburn every single day of my life and was chewing antacids constantly and have not had heartburn even once since I started my journey. I love that you wrote it down. I love that you're feeling cute!!!! So very happy for you.

crazynette826 02-19-2007 12:27 AM

:) You are a cute little thing!!! :) You are such an inspiration! You have made tremendous progress! Thanks for sharing!!

Angihas2 02-19-2007 12:28 AM

I'm so happy for you! Isn't it a wonderful thing, being healthy? I'm so glad your brain is catching up with your body. Congratulations!

ItsAboutTime 02-19-2007 10:32 AM

I can't wait to have that feeling. I don't remember the last time I felt that way about myself. My husband gets angry everytime we go anywhere because I change 100 times. I just don't feel good in anything!

nineteen 02-19-2007 11:13 AM

I hope you are really, REALLY proud of yourself. You've lost over *100* lbs.!!!! That's insane!!!! (In a very good sort of way!!)

:carrot:

You inspire me.

nineteen 02-19-2007 11:14 AM

Oh and you look beautiful :)

NurseMichelle 02-20-2007 03:47 AM

Mandalinn, I just wanted to echo some of the others' sentiments above! You are a total inspiration especially to me, coming from the same starting weight, but your MIND is in such a great place right now. Of course, I'm not feeling too bad about myself at 220 but I can't wait to be where you are now. Of course some 140 lb-ers aren't there but I'm getting off track (yes, maybe b/c I'm posting at 3 am)

So proud of you doll! Keep up the good work, and I look foreward to all your posts too!:carrot: :carrot:

2frustrated 02-20-2007 06:54 AM

:yay: That's FANTASTIC :bravo:

You rock :D