3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Then and Now...a big freaking realization (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/104995-then-now-big-freaking-realization.html)

mandalinn82 02-18-2007 10:34 PM

Then and Now...a big freaking realization

Then:
-Size 24, 295 lbs
-Couldn't rollerskate for more than 10 minutes without running out of breath.
-Could only be satisfied with the "Biggie" fries
-Ate fast food every day, literally
-Could only last 5 min on the elliptical
-Ate a salad every 4 months or so
-Always felt tired and sick
-Had 5-6 headaches a week
-Had a knee which dislocated regularly (every month or so) and hurt constantly
-Felt horribly ugly in clothes
-Never wanted cute things - they were not only hard to find, but nothing that big felt cute to me..ever.
-Wore all cotton underwear with no effort at looking sexy
Now
-Size 12, 181 lbs
-Rollerskated for an hour and 45 minutes, with a cold, and still wanted to go for more.
-Craved some fries, split a kids size with a friend, and was totally satisfied.
-Have eaten fast food less than once a month for the past 8 months
-Regularly go for an hour on the elliptical at a high resistance
-Crave salad at least twice a week
-Feel better when I'm ACTUALLY sick than I did well at my largest.
-Have a migraine or two every month.
-Haven't had a knee dislocation in 5 months
-Feel adorable in clothes
-Find myself developing a shopping addiction...because everything looks cute! And I can have my choice of cute things, in stores I never imagined I'd shop in.
-Am addicted to sexy undergarments, and to feeling sexy in general.

I feel sexy and alive and I just needed to share it with people! (By the way - I had my "a ha!" moment this weekend - my eyes caught up with my body and I felt like the cute little thing I am.

This is me: :D

JaimePhan 02-18-2007 10:38 PM

What an awesome thread! Congrats, and you are adorable!!! :D

lilybelle 02-18-2007 10:41 PM

Mandalinn, that is awesome. Congratulations. I'm glad you are feeling so positive about yourself. WTG. You have done awesome.

boaterswife 02-18-2007 10:42 PM

Mandalinn, that is AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you, I'm about to burst! Good for you for coming to those realizations, they are so satisfying.

I went shopping this afternoon for a nice outfit for an upcoming event at the state capitol....dress slacks, something for on top, etc. This is out of the norm for me as I get to wear jeans and things to school everyday, and I haven't bought and dress clothes since I started losing weight in August. I spent three hours, in ONE store, trying on pair after pair of pants. For once in my life, I had trouble deciding....not because I was disgusted with all of it, but because it was all cute, but I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that I plan to shrink out of! That was an a-ha moment for me!

cinderly 02-18-2007 10:55 PM

Amanda, I'll super-happy for you! I'm so, so glad your eyes (and brain) have caught up with the rest of you.

Every time I see your ticker or stats under your ADORABLE photo, I grin for ya.

Be very proud of yourself - you rock!

walking2lose 02-18-2007 11:09 PM

You look fantastic! I bought the realage book today by dr. oz... I'd say your lifestyle changes have made you at least 5 years younger! Way to go!!!!!

beautifulone 02-18-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 1577734)
-Wore all cotton underwear with no effort at looking sexy

:o oh my gosh that is what I do! I didn't think I was the only one but I never heard anyone else mention it!

I really like this post Mandalinn. I always look forward to reading your posts, I enjoy them and this one's definitely up there with the others :)

Sounds like you're right on track and feeling it too! That's awesome. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! :D

rockinrobin 02-19-2007 12:18 AM

Mandalinn I am so very happy for you. Isn't this weightloss just something else? I just can't believe what a difference there is in my life. How things that used to be unbearable, exercise, clothes shopping (and wearing) are now so incredibly ENJOYABLE. And your health, fantastic. I realized a week or so ago how before my lifestyle change I had heartburn every single day of my life and was chewing antacids constantly and have not had heartburn even once since I started my journey. I love that you wrote it down. I love that you're feeling cute!!!! So very happy for you.

crazynette826 02-19-2007 12:27 AM

:) You are a cute little thing!!! :) You are such an inspiration! You have made tremendous progress! Thanks for sharing!!

Angihas2 02-19-2007 12:28 AM

I'm so happy for you! Isn't it a wonderful thing, being healthy? I'm so glad your brain is catching up with your body. Congratulations!

ItsAboutTime 02-19-2007 10:32 AM

I can't wait to have that feeling. I don't remember the last time I felt that way about myself. My husband gets angry everytime we go anywhere because I change 100 times. I just don't feel good in anything!

nineteen 02-19-2007 11:13 AM

I hope you are really, REALLY proud of yourself. You've lost over *100* lbs.!!!! That's insane!!!! (In a very good sort of way!!)

:carrot:

You inspire me.

nineteen 02-19-2007 11:14 AM

Oh and you look beautiful :)

NurseMichelle 02-20-2007 03:47 AM

Mandalinn, I just wanted to echo some of the others' sentiments above! You are a total inspiration especially to me, coming from the same starting weight, but your MIND is in such a great place right now. Of course, I'm not feeling too bad about myself at 220 but I can't wait to be where you are now. Of course some 140 lb-ers aren't there but I'm getting off track (yes, maybe b/c I'm posting at 3 am)

So proud of you doll! Keep up the good work, and I look foreward to all your posts too!:carrot: :carrot:

2frustrated 02-20-2007 06:54 AM

:yay: That's FANTASTIC :bravo:

You rock :D

problysewin 02-20-2007 08:55 AM

I'm so happy for you!!!! This is the first post I read this morning and I think it actually gave me some energy!!!! I can feel how happy you are!!!!Congratulations!!!!

Glory87 02-20-2007 11:00 AM

Great post :)

I totally hear you on the underwear thing, I used to buy the 3 packs of "Jockey for Her" - size 10!! and wore the ugliest grandma panties ever, I think they came up to my belly button. I now have really cute, tiny, sheer Victoria's Secret panties. I had to discover the world of LOW RISE. The last time I was smaller, pants came up higher!

I used to fall asleep in my office every afternoon. I had one pair of jeans I wore everyday. I had one pair of black loafers I wore everyday (with a pair of sandals for the summer). I never dried my hair, I never wore makeup. I had 1 purse I had for 10 years. I never looked at myself in the mirror, or down at myself in the shower. I once had to stop and rest while exploring Vancouver with someone else, my legs were aching and I was so embarassed.

Anyway, let's just say your post really struck home with me - I am so happy for you, you look so happy and beautiful in your picture.

LisaMarie71 02-20-2007 11:29 AM

I LOVE this thread! It's so wonderful to see all the changes that can happen when someone commits to making herself healthy, and look how many people you've inspired with your success!!

mandalinn82 02-20-2007 12:14 PM

I don't know what it was about this weekend...but i bought myself some sexy underwear, spent WAY too much on a dress for the rehearsal dinner, and fell in love with my body in a way i never thought I could. And then I started thinking about ALL of the differences...even my mom came over for lunch and commented on the different sorts of things I was eating.

I'm still sort of basking in post-realization afterglow. Thank you all so much for your support, compliments, and encouragement!

soon to be thin 02-20-2007 04:08 PM

awesome!

Congrats!! Your story helps us all stay on track and know that soon enough we too will be shopping in the normal sizes and making trips to Victoria's Secret!!!! Or at least that is one of my goals, I am all for a bit of cross boarder shopping when I get closer to my goal.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

alinnell 02-20-2007 04:42 PM

mandalinn~what a wonderful post. Can't wait to see your post in the Goal section!!! Wow, only 11 pounds to get there! You've come a long way!

mandalinn82 02-20-2007 05:44 PM

Alinnell - wow. I'm 11 lbs from my goal. That is INSANE. For some reason, that number NEVER occurred to me until you said it.

CRAZY.

GirlyGirlSebas 02-20-2007 05:46 PM

What an uplifting post! Thank you for sharing your new outlook with us. I can't wait to bring sexy back, too!

Berridrops 02-20-2007 06:29 PM

This post just reassured me that I can and WILL do this once and for all. I relate to every single thing in your then and I can't wait until I can relate to the things in your now. Congrats!!

Cheryl14 02-21-2007 09:35 AM

Hi mandalinn!

GREAT WORK, GIRL!!!!!:)

Isn't it amazing when you actually WRITE DOWN the differences before and now?!!! I think it's really helpful to do that, too, because it gives you even MORE reason never to go back to that place ever again!

I recently read over my weight loss journals from the beginning of my journey which actually began in 1999. It's fun to see the mental and emotional progress happen right along with the weight loss! I found myself not just slipping but L-O-S-T several times along the journey. I actually cried as I read about those times now that I am fifity or sixty pounds from where I was at those moments. WHAT A RIDE we are on, this weight loss roller coaster!

How are the wedding plans coming?

Cheryl

ennay 02-24-2007 11:01 AM

I'm grinning so hard I am almost crying

mandalinn82 02-24-2007 12:22 PM

Me too, ennay!

chick_in_the_hat 02-25-2007 01:11 AM

What a loser!! :D WTG, girl!

BrunetteChic_2000 02-26-2007 12:33 AM

That is a great list! Congratulations!!

cajungal328 03-06-2007 03:09 PM

You go girl!!!! I cannot wait to feel sexy. I don't think I have ever felt sexy...ever! I have hated my body since I was a young girl.... anyway, kepp up the good work!

Heather

cajungal328 03-06-2007 06:29 PM

You go girl!!!! I cannot wait to feel sexy. I don't think I have ever felt sexy...ever! I have hated my body since I was a young girl.... anyway, keep up the good work!

Heather

Libby1972 03-09-2007 07:19 PM

That is great! Enjoy every moment and keep them coming! :)