Old 08-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #1  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Default August 2015

Hello! Welcome to August! I had stressful company in town last week so I compensated by overeating . I am doing at least 3 days of Meta Quick to see if I can reverse that damage....

I hope everyone else is having a good week!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Selway, you are so close to your goal. Hang in there!

I went out of town last weekend and although I did way better than I normally would have, I did go off plan for a meal and had a couple of cocktails. I weighed in today and am down 1 lb from before I left on Friday morning so I'm happy with that. It just makes me wonder how much I could have been down if I would have stuck to plan the whole time.

I was also told last week before I went out of town that I was in that "good" plateau (as I gained 1/2 lb.) and I should start noticing some positive weight loss again.
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

New month and time to get serious to get this weight off!
Survived the family reunion and sorry to say or maybe happy to say- we had cocktails daily at the pool and lake while camping. Did rack up over 10k steps daily so maybe it evened out?
Really tired and know that's from my diet.
Traveling 8 hours to reunion wiped us out for 2 days and survived on nuts and protein bars. Anyway - taking it one day at a time- need a big kick in the Bootie! To get started!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #4  
Idaho

llarends - thank you for the encouragement! Good for you to not go entirely crazy over the weekend, still down 1. That is awesome!

bigdog - I hear you. I am using the kids' going back to school as my kick in the pants. Our meals/activities are a lot more structured during the school year than they are over the summer. We are camping at least three more times before it gets cold, but I can do this. School starts Monday. Back on track to reach my goal!

Everyone have a great day. You are not alone in your weight loss (or maintenance) struggles or triumphs!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #5  

Hello everyone!!
I posted on here once, but haven't been back in a long time. Just met my goal and went to the stabilization class last night. Big changes in store and makes we worry about gaining! Any suggestions from anyone who has gone through the stabilization would be appreciated!!
hhjjkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #6  
Idaho

Quiet on here for a few days! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

I used yesterday - kids back to school day - as the date for getting my self back on track diet-wise. Yesterday was hard! Today is rough (headache) but I know that by the weekend I will be feeling sooo much better. I still haven't weighed myself (should have yesterday) for fear of mental trauma . I will on Monday.

hhjjkj - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow that is awesome. Do you mind sharing how long it took you and how much you lost? Which plan worked best for you? Any tips? I never went through stabilization, sorry to say, so I don't have any words of wisdom to share. From other people's past threads I know they say to take it slow (introducing new foods), write everything down, and weigh yourself regularly to see if there are some foods that you are more sensitive to than others. Thanks for posting the good news!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #7  

hhjjkj,

Congrats! I am also curious about how much you had to lose and how long it took to get to stabilization.

I go weigh in at the Center tomorrow and get my measurements again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news. Been doing well on the plan and my clothes feel looser so I'm hoping the scale agrees.

I'll check in again tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #8  

Weighed in this morning. Lost 2.5 lbs and a couple of more inches. The Tanita printout also said I gained a half pound of muscle mass. I don't really pay too much attention to those measurements though as I'm not sure how accurate they are. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Last edited by llarends; 08-12-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Trying to add signature
Old 08-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #9  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!

Well, for the 3rd August in a row, I am back on the MRC bandwagon. Two years ago I lost 20lbs and was at my lowest weight in years. Regained that weight and lost 10 of it again last fall, only to regained that back by January.

Major life changes in store for me: I'm just back from seven months in Ireland and I'm moving back there from Kansas in October and getting married in December. Nothing like the fear of seeing yourself in a white gown to get you on the diet/exercise kick. I will say that I didn't really gain anything in Ireland despite eating lots of bread and potatoes (I walk lots there), but I'd love to see myself down 30-40lbs for my wedding.

I am doing MRC on my own (ordering drinks online and using my old green sheets). I am also running again. Went for my first 2.5 mile run this morning.

Going to be extra vigilant about posting and checking in, so my apologies for the posts to come.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #10  
Idaho

llarends - Nice job!!! Are you working out? Just curious for your muscle mass gain.

CelticHarpie - welcome (back)! No problem on the frequency of posts to come! The forum has been quiet lately and I have been hesitant to post too often so people don't get sick of me. Congratulations on your engagement, how exciting! I am also doing the program at home with online HNS. I have my old green menu and follow it but have modified it slightly by allowing Greek yogurt sometimes as a protein. I am doing P90X3 at home for exercise but like to run as well. I look forward to reading about your journey over the next few months. You got this!

I finally weighed myself this morning and moved my ticker. I re-dedicated my self on Monday to following the diet and already feel so much better.

Just curious - does everyone buy their HNS from MRC (online or in store) or do you use different products? I do both. I buy some Proti Diet protein drinks from Diet Direct (especially when they have a sale) because I do enjoy their flavors - some taste like the old, old MRC drinks before they changed the formulation (or distributor?). I also buy Wonderslim puddings because they rock (chocolate cream, cocomint, chocolate mocha, soooo good).

Have a great day!

Last edited by selway; 08-13-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #11  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

selway: Congrats on your new motivation As for products, I'm using the HNS I already had and I've just purchased some of the Proti Diet Pink Lemonade from Amazon. I've used it before and like it just fine.

Today I just finished my second day of running this week. I'm quasi following MRC at the moment, mostly with using the HNS, and I'm doing a 1200 calorie count on myfitness pal and running 2.5 miles every other day. So far, so good. On day three of my new plan and I'm down 3 lbs already.

I really like MRC, it's just that when I'm thinking of long-term sustainability for me I need to steer away from the "not eating carrots or tomatoes or onions". So I'm modifying my plan. Still low fat and lower carb, just staying within the 1200 calorie a day thing and upping my lean protein and having the HNS after every meal.

Living in Ireland you eat very differently than here: less preservatives, so food is fresher but doesn't last long in the fridge, and everything is more expensive. I know I was eating lots more fruit and veg, but also more bread and potatoes and real Irish butter (!). While I was there I maintained my weight despite not exercising (aside from walking to the Luas or Bus stops and walking from there to work). So this time, I'm just tweaking the MRC plan since I'm doing it on my own.

Good luck to everyone as we head into the weekend. You can do it!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #12  

Selway, Not really working out. Just walking, doing some beginner yoga and regular yard work. I try to do something physical every day.

I was perplexed too by the muscle gain, that's why I question if it is accurate, but I hope so.

I buy my shakes from my MRC center. I don't like the pink lemonade, but I do like the Wildberry powder and the cappuccino. I can drink the Wildberry a couple of times per day. I've been using the recipe book and a lot of the recipes call for HNS in different flavors. They have a "trade" basket at my center so I try to get stuff out of there to sample before I buy it.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #13  
Idaho

Llarends - sorry, I wasn't implying that it was wrong, just curious. I have one of those meters and was wondering how accurate it is. It says I have gained muscle and I have been lifting weights, etc., but I didn't know how quickly/much we can add muscle. I'm still learning a lot about nutrition, body composition, and everything else. It is good news if we are adding muscle since it burns more fat!
Old 08-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #14  

Selway: no need to apologize. I have a hard time believing those type of scales are accurate on muscle mass, water, etc.

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs. This has been one of the best weeks I've had for loss since starting the program about 5 weeks ago. I hope the scale keeps going in the right direction.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #15  
Idaho

llarends - glad you are having a great week, love those!!!

I had a good week back on track. I feel better already. I'm not sure if I am sensitive to carbs or gluten but I can gain so much so quickly with just a few days off track.

CelcticHarpie - how is your week going?

I hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed strong. We can do it!