3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   August 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/305519-august-2015-a.html)

selway 08-05-2015 03:05 PM

August 2015

Hello! Welcome to August! I had stressful company in town last week so I compensated by overeating :(. I am doing at least 3 days of Meta Quick to see if I can reverse that damage....

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

llarends 08-05-2015 03:52 PM

Selway, you are so close to your goal. Hang in there!

I went out of town last weekend and although I did way better than I normally would have, I did go off plan for a meal and had a couple of cocktails. I weighed in today and am down 1 lb from before I left on Friday morning so I'm happy with that. It just makes me wonder how much I could have been down if I would have stuck to plan the whole time.

I was also told last week before I went out of town that I was in that "good" plateau (as I gained 1/2 lb.) and I should start noticing some positive weight loss again.

bigdog 08-05-2015 06:59 PM

New month and time to get serious to get this weight off!
Survived the family reunion and sorry to say or maybe happy to say- we had cocktails daily at the pool and lake while camping. Did rack up over 10k steps daily so maybe it evened out? :)
Really tired and know that's from my diet.
Traveling 8 hours to reunion wiped us out for 2 days and survived on nuts and protein bars. Anyway - taking it one day at a time- need a big kick in the Bootie! To get started!

selway 08-06-2015 12:24 PM

llarends - thank you for the encouragement! Good for you to not go entirely crazy over the weekend, still down 1. That is awesome!

bigdog - I hear you. I am using the kids' going back to school as my kick in the pants. Our meals/activities are a lot more structured during the school year than they are over the summer. We are camping at least three more times before it gets cold, but I can do this. School starts Monday. Back on track to reach my goal!

Everyone have a great day. You are not alone in your weight loss (or maintenance) struggles or triumphs!

hhjjkj 08-07-2015 04:42 PM

Hello everyone!!
I posted on here once, but haven't been back in a long time. Just met my goal and went to the stabilization class last night. Big changes in store and makes we worry about gaining! Any suggestions from anyone who has gone through the stabilization would be appreciated!!

selway 08-11-2015 11:49 AM

Quiet on here for a few days! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

I used yesterday - kids back to school day - as the date for getting my self back on track diet-wise. Yesterday was hard! Today is rough (headache) but I know that by the weekend I will be feeling sooo much better. I still haven't weighed myself (should have yesterday) for fear of mental trauma :). I will on Monday.

hhjjkj - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow that is awesome. Do you mind sharing how long it took you and how much you lost? Which plan worked best for you? Any tips? I never went through stabilization, sorry to say, so I don't have any words of wisdom to share. From other people's past threads I know they say to take it slow (introducing new foods), write everything down, and weigh yourself regularly to see if there are some foods that you are more sensitive to than others. Thanks for posting the good news!

llarends 08-11-2015 01:11 PM

hhjjkj,

Congrats! I am also curious about how much you had to lose and how long it took to get to stabilization.

I go weigh in at the Center tomorrow and get my measurements again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news. Been doing well on the plan and my clothes feel looser so I'm hoping the scale agrees.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

llarends 08-12-2015 12:56 PM

Weighed in this morning. Lost 2.5 lbs and a couple of more inches. The Tanita printout also said I gained a half pound of muscle mass. I don't really pay too much attention to those measurements though as I'm not sure how accurate they are. Hope everyone else is doing well.

CelticHarpie 08-12-2015 01:42 PM

Hi all!

Well, for the 3rd August in a row, I am back on the MRC bandwagon. Two years ago I lost 20lbs and was at my lowest weight in years. Regained that weight and lost 10 of it again last fall, only to regained that back by January.

Major life changes in store for me: I'm just back from seven months in Ireland and I'm moving back there from Kansas in October and getting married in December. Nothing like the fear of seeing yourself in a white gown to get you on the diet/exercise kick. I will say that I didn't really gain anything in Ireland despite eating lots of bread and potatoes (I walk lots there), but I'd love to see myself down 30-40lbs for my wedding.

I am doing MRC on my own (ordering drinks online and using my old green sheets). I am also running again. Went for my first 2.5 mile run this morning.

Going to be extra vigilant about posting and checking in, so my apologies for the posts to come.

selway 08-13-2015 04:13 PM

llarends - Nice job!!! Are you working out? Just curious for your muscle mass gain.

CelticHarpie - welcome (back)! No problem on the frequency of posts to come! The forum has been quiet lately and I have been hesitant to post too often so people don't get sick of me. Congratulations on your engagement, how exciting! I am also doing the program at home with online HNS. I have my old green menu and follow it but have modified it slightly by allowing Greek yogurt sometimes as a protein. I am doing P90X3 at home for exercise but like to run as well. I look forward to reading about your journey over the next few months. You got this!

I finally weighed myself this morning and moved my ticker. I re-dedicated my self on Monday to following the diet and already feel so much better.

Just curious - does everyone buy their HNS from MRC (online or in store) or do you use different products? I do both. I buy some Proti Diet protein drinks from Diet Direct (especially when they have a sale) because I do enjoy their flavors - some taste like the old, old MRC drinks before they changed the formulation (or distributor?). I also buy Wonderslim puddings because they rock (chocolate cream, cocomint, chocolate mocha, soooo good).

Have a great day!

CelticHarpie 08-14-2015 11:39 AM

selway: Congrats on your new motivation :) As for products, I'm using the HNS I already had and I've just purchased some of the Proti Diet Pink Lemonade from Amazon. I've used it before and like it just fine.

Today I just finished my second day of running this week. I'm quasi following MRC at the moment, mostly with using the HNS, and I'm doing a 1200 calorie count on myfitness pal and running 2.5 miles every other day. So far, so good. On day three of my new plan and I'm down 3 lbs already.

I really like MRC, it's just that when I'm thinking of long-term sustainability for me I need to steer away from the "not eating carrots or tomatoes or onions". So I'm modifying my plan. Still low fat and lower carb, just staying within the 1200 calorie a day thing and upping my lean protein and having the HNS after every meal.

Living in Ireland you eat very differently than here: less preservatives, so food is fresher but doesn't last long in the fridge, and everything is more expensive. I know I was eating lots more fruit and veg, but also more bread and potatoes and real Irish butter (!). While I was there I maintained my weight despite not exercising (aside from walking to the Luas or Bus stops and walking from there to work). So this time, I'm just tweaking the MRC plan since I'm doing it on my own.

Good luck to everyone as we head into the weekend. You can do it!

llarends 08-14-2015 02:25 PM

Selway, Not really working out. Just walking, doing some beginner yoga and regular yard work. I try to do something physical every day.

I was perplexed too by the muscle gain, that's why I question if it is accurate, but I hope so.

I buy my shakes from my MRC center. I don't like the pink lemonade, but I do like the Wildberry powder and the cappuccino. I can drink the Wildberry a couple of times per day. I've been using the recipe book and a lot of the recipes call for HNS in different flavors. They have a "trade" basket at my center so I try to get stuff out of there to sample before I buy it.

selway 08-14-2015 05:43 PM

Llarends - sorry, I wasn't implying that it was wrong, just curious. I have one of those meters and was wondering how accurate it is. It says I have gained muscle and I have been lifting weights, etc., but I didn't know how quickly/much we can add muscle. I'm still learning a lot about nutrition, body composition, and everything else. It is good news if we are adding muscle since it burns more fat!

llarends 08-15-2015 12:31 PM

Selway: no need to apologize. I have a hard time believing those type of scales are accurate on muscle mass, water, etc.

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs. This has been one of the best weeks I've had for loss since starting the program about 5 weeks ago. I hope the scale keeps going in the right direction.

selway 08-16-2015 01:57 PM

llarends - glad you are having a great week, love those!!!

I had a good week back on track. I feel better already. I'm not sure if I am sensitive to carbs or gluten but I can gain so much so quickly with just a few days off track.

CelcticHarpie - how is your week going?

I hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed strong. We can do it!

CelticHarpie 08-17-2015 02:03 PM

llarends: Congrats on the loss! That's great.

selway: Glad you are feeling better about getting back on track :)

As for me, I did my third run yesterday. Am contemplating running every day, but not sure if I should. Right now I'm doing 2.5 miles every other day.

I will say I LOVE getting on the scale after a run.

Anyway, I'm a weigh every day type of person and I was down 3.2 lbs from Wednesday, but am now up 1.2 from there. However, overall I'm down 2 lbs from the start and it hasn't been a week yet. That's not too bad.

Yesterday despite the positive run (faster than the other two days as well), I was bad about my water intake. Going to make sure I hit the water intake mark today.

Have a great week, everyone!

bigdog 08-18-2015 01:23 AM

Still haven't gone in to center to weigh in and still same weight- haven't gained but haven't lost. Work is crazy busy so at least getting lots of activity! Promoted at work and still getting used to new schedule for the last couple months.:dizzy:
Have actually been drinking protein shakes and grabbing protein bars for lunch. Dinner usually is lean protein and salad.
Would love to lose before vacation to the beach mid September!!
Good luck everyone and send me skinny vibes ;)

selway 08-18-2015 10:35 AM

bigdog - can you feel the vibes? :)

Just FYI - Diet Direct has all Proti-Diet products on sale for 10% off for the next 48 hours. They are comparable (I think they are the same) as the MRC HNS and they have more flavors. Orange, Tropical Fruit, kiwi melon and the hot chocolate are my favorites.

I'm just trucking along, the scale was slightly up yesterday (+0.6) but down again today (-0.7) so whatever caused the gain corrected itself.....
I am proud of myself for not turning to food the last couple of days during some stressful situations. I'm learning!

Have a great day!

CelticHarpie 08-18-2015 12:44 PM

bigdog: Hi! Great to see you back. Sending lots of positive energy your way.

selway: I must be on the same diet vibes as you are. I was up yesterday (+1.2). Got on the scale today and I'm down (-1.4). I will take it!

Was planning on going for a run this morning but it is pouring down rain :( I'm in my running gear, though, so if there's a break in the weather, I'm on it.

Yesterday was a bit rough. First day this week I went over my calorie intake. Luckily, I was pretty good on food choices, just ate too much. Just had to remind myself that it was a blip and overall I'm doing great. Stress and being at home all day is a dangerous combination. Looking to make today a better day, calorie wise.

CelticHarpie 08-19-2015 10:33 AM

No running yesterday due to rain, but was super careful about my food. Got all my water in as well. Scale moved down a pound this morning. I've never been good about getting all the water in, due to working. Now that I'm on a hiatus from work and at home, it's much easier to get all the water in and I can tell it's making a huge difference.

Heading out for a run, which will melt a little more off the scale as well :) It's now been a full week since I've been back on program and I've lost 4.4 lbs!

Edited to add: ran faster than previous runs this week :) official post run I am down 5.2 lbs this week!!!!

selway 08-19-2015 12:57 PM

CelcticHarpie - we must be connected. I am down 1.4 pounds this morning too - but wont' be surprised if some of that comes back tomorrow due to water or whatever. 4.4 pounds in a week is awesome!

We have fires burning all around here and the air quality is terrible - there are advisories out to limit outdoor activities, burning bans, etc. Your posts about running have made me itchy to go for a run, but I will have to wait a little bit....

Water makes a huge difference for me too. It definitely helps keep my hunger in check also.

bigdog - still sending the positive vibes!!

llarends - having a good week?

Everyone have a great day!!!

llarends 08-19-2015 03:39 PM

Feeling really good this week. I got in a really long walk on Sunday and then again today. I ate off plan on Saturday evening. Went to a pizza place for dinner and I ended up having 2 small slices of margarita pizza with chicken made on an ultra thin crust. It's weird, because I really don't even like pizza but it is one of my husband's favorite foods and I sort of just went with it to keep him happy. He is really supportive of my diet and eats the foods I eat on plan. He is a total foodie who loves to cook and I know he is making some sacrifices so I can stay on plan.

For those on maintenance, I'm curious, will I be able to incorporate some of those **bad** choices back into my plan once I get all of the weight off. Obviously, I know I can't go back to eating the way I used to, but I have never really eaten a lot, I think I was consuming way too many carbs and am realizing that carbs don't agree with how my body processes food.

selway 08-20-2015 10:39 AM

llarends - good question! I am not on maintenance, but here is my perspective. I think if we pay attention and experiment a little, we will figure out what our trigger foods are and what foods our bodies just really don't like. By trigger foods, I mean the foods that if you start eating them you can't stop at just one. For example - one of my trigger foods is nuts (almonds, peanuts). If I don't weigh them out into little baggies, I could eat the whole bag/jar - and when I finish my 1 oz of nuts, I really have to restrain myself from going to the pantry and eating 3 more pre-weighed bags! With the foods that we are sensitive to (mine is either carbs or gluten, not exactly sure yet) - we will have to eat those in moderation. We will likely see gains after we eat them, but clean eating the rest of the time will balance out the "bad" foods. I know some people plan a "cheat" day where others just try to follow an 80/20 rule - 80% of the time it is clean eating and the other 20 is more relaxed. I think deprivation is part of why I struggled and yo-yo dieted for so many years. After I reach my goal I will have to work in some planned cheat days to prevent the binge/depression cycle that I go through.

Anyway, my $0.02! I have a question too. How often does everyone weigh themselves? I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. Up 0.1 pound today, but expected since yesterday was a big drop (-1.4).

Have a great day!

lckiehl 08-20-2015 08:01 PM

It's been over a month since I have been on here but I would really like to be more connected to other people doing MRC or MRCish plans. I read this thread and it is the first I am hearing of Proti-Diet so I am thankful I checked out the forums. I took about a month off of MRC and was up 2 pounds, which is really good for me considering I drank beer and ate a lot of off plan meals. Felt like I was maintaining in a way even though I was a bit up. I am very close to goal weight (about 7 pounds) and have mentally just not been able to stay on plan. I really want to get to that magic number if for no other reason than to beat this mental block. I am going to try the meta-quick or whatever they call it for a few days to see if I can jumpstart this again!

llarends 08-21-2015 10:51 AM

Celtic Harpie, Wow! 5.2 lbs in a week. I'm jealous! :-)

Selway, I am really hoping that I can use the 80/20 type plan like you mentioned. I also hate feeling like I'm being deprived and although the counselors at my center are great and really supportive, they are super negative about going off plan and don't even really like to discuss it.

Ickiehl, Welcome back.

This week I have stayed on plan and have been getting in a lot of physical activity. I feel like I should have a big loss, but I also get on the scale daily and I'm up about a pound. I'm going to drink tons of water today and try to see if that helps before my official weigh in at the center tomorrow. I'm so close to the 20 lb mark but it seems like it's taking forever!

Sending good vibes for everyone to get through the weekend.

lckiehl 08-21-2015 02:17 PM

llarends I had a really good talk with a counselor at my center last week about meeting people where they are at. For about a month I just could not stay on plan. I mentally was not in it and every second felt like torture waiting for my next meal. I just wasn't there and I was so glad that one of them finally kind of accepted where I was at and that I would get back to it when I was in a mental place to do so.

Surprisingly these first couple days on the Meta-quick whatever has felt easy. I expected more mental anguish while adjusting to only eating one meal of "real" food and then two shakes. But I have been able to make my one real meal lunch so that I don't feel like I am going all day without eating. It's felt surprisingly fine. I would really like to hit goal weight within the next month. Just the sound of the word "maintenance" is music to my ears right now.

Be strong this weekend everyone! You can do it!

bigdog 08-23-2015 11:04 AM

Hey Celtic, Selway and everybody!
Chocolate Truffle protein shake w strawberries this morning for breakfast and drinking water like crazy! Am on the exercise bike while I'm typing this. It's a new day and I will lose weight this week! No excuses- just doing it!
Picked up bob Harper's new book - Skinny Habits - the 6 secrets of thin people from the library yesterday to get myself in the right mindset. It also has the Skinny Rules Recap from his other book.
Rule 1 - Drink a large glass of water before each meal- no excuses!!!
Rule 3 - eat Protein at every meal- or stay hungry and Grouchy
Rule 9 - stop guessing about portion size and get it right- for Good
Rule 18- go to bed hungry

Skinny Habits Recap-
Reengineer your environment - rig your home, office, and social life to accentuate the people, places, and things that support your goals, and de emphasize (or eliminate) those that don't.
6. Dress for thin. Do not hide behind your baggy clothes........

This book is great! He calls it feeding your brain :). I've lost weight so many times- reach my goal and then gain it ALL back!!
I'm not motivated by the leaders at MRC but love the diet plan and it works! ESP for a 50 plus woman in menopause whose husband is a chef/co owner of restaurant and food is his life!

Who is doing this on their own? How do you stay motivated day by day?

lckiehl 08-25-2015 02:07 PM

bigdog I might have to download that book, it sounds good. Going to bed hungry is tough sometimes, but sometimes it is motivating to me and makes me feel like I am going to wake up to a good weigh in.

I had one HUGE cheat this weekend. We had our fantasy football draft party and I ate pizza and drank beer. I felt fine about it until I got mad at my self financially for spending the money to do Metaquick and then ended up salt logged for weigh in. I was down half a pound, but prior to the pizza/beer binge I was down 3. Oh well, still moving onward.

My goal this week is to stay on Metaquick until I weigh in Friday morning. If I continue to yo-yo I might as well not spend the extra money and just get to goal slowly eating real food.

selway 08-25-2015 05:53 PM

bigdog - sounds like a great book, I will have to read that. Thank you for the recommendation!

llarends - Yes, the 80/20 plan will have to wait for maintenance. Unfortunately, I react so badly to "bad" food that it will probably be more of a 90/10 or 95/05 for me to maintain :(.

lckiehl - I seem to do fine on Meta Quick if I only do it for 3-4 days. Any longer than that and I end up cheating BIG time and undoing the whole week that I just paid extra $ for. I like the shakes, so it's not that, just feel HUNGRY.

Things are going well for me. I knew the weight that I had quickly gained from some summer splurging would come off quickly and now I am back (close to) to the weight that I can't seem to get below. Excited to knuckle down and do it this time!

Everyone have a great day!!!

llarends 08-28-2015 10:44 AM

I've been sticking with the plan very well. I've had 2 bad meals in the 6 1/2 weeks I've been on, but I'm really struggling to hit the 20 lbs mark. I can't complain about hunger or cravings because I haven't had those. But I'm starting to get frustrated. It's hard to stay optimistic when you are either gaining a 1/2 lb or losing the same 1/2 lb week after week. The counselor told me the other day to try to drink 5 proteins per day instead of 3 to see if it will bump up my weight loss. I told her I would try it for a few days, but if I didn't notice a change, I wasn't going to keep doing it as I'm not hungry in between meals and it makes that plan that much more expensive.

I'm going out of town with Friends this weekend. Usually that would mean gas station chips, sodas, candy,etc. Last night I was cutting up cucumbers, peppers, and celery and I went and bought cheese, unsalted almonds, and Nut Thin crackers and made my own hummus out of chick peas, olive oil and garlic. I think this made the hubby a little sad. He said this doesn't look like Road Trip food. I told him to feel free to have whatever he wants, but I've paid MRC until December so I have to do my best to try to stay on plan so it's not a total waste of money.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

bigdog 08-28-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llarends (Post 5197109)
I've been sticking with the plan very well. I've had 2 bad meals in the 6 1/2 weeks I've been on, but I'm really struggling to hit the 20 lbs mark. I can't complain about hunger or cravings because I haven't had those. But I'm starting to get frustrated. It's hard to stay optimistic when you are either gaining a 1/2 lb or losing the same 1/2 lb week after week. The counselor told me the other day to try to drink 5 proteins per day instead of 3 to see if it will bump up my weight loss. I told her I would try it for a few days, but if I didn't notice a change, I wasn't going to keep doing it as I'm not hungry in between meals and it makes that plan that much more expensive.

I'm going out of town with Friends this weekend. Usually that would mean gas station chips, sodas, candy,etc. Last night I was cutting up cucumbers, peppers, and celery and I went and bought cheese, unsalted almonds, and Nut Thin crackers and made my own hummus out of chick peas, olive oil and garlic. I think this made the hubby a little sad. He said this doesn't look like Road Trip food. I told him to feel free to have whatever he wants, but I've paid MRC until December so I have to do my best to try to stay on plan so it's not a total waste of money.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sounds like my husband- I swear when I tell him I'm going back on plan - he delib has Cheetos- ice cream and Chocolste everywhere and keeps talking about them!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. its like he's thinking - I want my fun wife who eats all the junk with me!! I'm always like YOU eat whatever you want- why worry about what I eat? He's tall and muscular with high metabalism so can eat whatever he wants - annoying!!!!
So I rejoined and got to the center ready to start over and weigh in and no one there- I was 10 min early. Is this a sign I shouldn't rejoin??? And do it on my own??

bigdog 08-28-2015 07:10 PM

In it to win it!!

I am going to be the biggest loser- I can just feel it!! Went back to the center and had a long discussion w my counselor. I haven't weighed in since May!!! And lost 1/2 pound!! Talk about maintaining. Lol!! Happy about that because it was a summer of mucho margaritas and mich ultras, and pub food. Guess I didn't completely screw up because I automatically choose salads, lean meats, veggies and avoid bread......the desserts tempt me though...my weakness.
I'm going to check out Walden Farms chocolate and caramel sauces recommended by counselor. I'm going to need a substitute so I don't cheat.
So this is very cool- she gave me the Meta-Slim yellow plan to follow for 4 days.
Limited choices that will give me a quick weight loss and remotivate me.

This is the same plan I followed a few years back when I lost 35 lbs. I am SO excited!!!!! Stay tuned :)
Good luck everyone!!! Please keep sharing!

wurdnerd 08-28-2015 07:34 PM

This seems to be the main active thread, so I'll make my "hello" post here. Just enrolled with MRC today. I hit my 53rd birthday yesterday and am simply disgusted with my weight/size. Doing pre-cond this week and will go to the intro meeting next Friday. I'm hopeful. :-)

bigdog 08-30-2015 06:13 PM

Welcome wurdnerd!
Day 2 of the yellow meta slim menu and so far so good.
Breakfast is 1/2 orange, 1 oz cheese and cinnamon toast, lunch is 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 8 oz veggies (celery) and dinner will be Tilapia, 4 oz cooked cabbage in chicken broth, 4 oz salad (chopped lettuce, cabbage, green peppers) and cinnamon toast ( which is like dessert).
HNS in the am, 10am, 2pm and tonight. (4 total)
I bought 5 boxes of the drinks for $55. I also have some bigger containers of Protidiet pink lemonade that I put in the blender and used for 3 of the drinks today.
I'm on this for 4 days hopefully to kickstart my weight loss!

llarends 08-31-2015 04:23 PM

Welcome Wurdnerd!

Bigdog, I'm so jealous you maintained throughout the Summer. My weight fluctuates so bad. It drives me crazy. I can actually gain 4 to 5 lbs overnight.

I know we aren't supposed to use food as goals, but I am totally having a margarita and some Mexican food once I hit the 25 lb mark!

bigdog 08-31-2015 09:39 PM

Omg!! Thunderstorms here for the last two nights and I am tired, tired, tired! Our GSDs are terrified of storms so they jump in the bed mostly sleeping on our heads! No sleep for any of us.

I made a blender full of pink lemonade protein mix. early this am enough for 3 servings - took a big swig and was like WTH? It was my protein maple oatmeal mix!! Lol. Def need some sleep zzzzzzzzz
My maintaining was gaining and losing the same 2-4 lbs all summer!
So today started out w my beloved cinnamon toast w spray butter, light wheat bread and cinnamon 😛. 1/2 orange, 1/2 cup cottage cheese- lunch was cheddar cheese and lots of celery- dinner was 8oz salad w 4 oz flank steak and cinnamon toast. 4 HNSs throughout the day. Hopefully will see a weight loss soon

llarends 09-01-2015 03:06 PM

bigdog,

I've also upped my protein to 4 to 5 per day. Hoping this helps to get me to that 20 lb mark and then I can keep on going from there.

I feel like this is a diet I can live with for the rest of my life, I just wish I could see some faster progress.

llarends 09-03-2015 11:23 AM

I did it! I finally hit the 20lb mark. I feel re-energized to stay on this plan. It's working albeit slowly, but working. Today's a good day!

Hope everyone else is doing well!