Old 07-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/177/140

Height: 5 ' 4"

Default Anyone Else have the Double Threat PCOS & Hypothyroidism! So problems losing weight?

I will start out as I was never a size 0 and I never expect to be, but I was at my smallest a size 6. But then about age 26 I started gaining weight at a rapid pace and it wouldn't stop no matter what I tried. I dieted and exercised! I did everything right, weight watchers, diet medicine, doctors! But no results. At my highest weight I don't even honestly know how much I weighed because I refused to even get on a scale. Then once my periods started getting extremely painful and longer and longer did my family doctor think something else was wrong. He had already tested me for my thyroid several times but because I had been on birth control for years he said it could possibly throw off my results and showed false results.
So I was sent to and endocrinologist and bingo, I was tested to have PCOS and Hypothyroidism! Which over the years has progressively been getting worse.
Well after 5 years of regulating my meds for my thyroid they finally have gotten the right dose and placed me on metformin 500mg twice daily for the pcos in combo with my birth control. I am now currently 36 years old and as of March 2015 I was 227lbs and with diet and exercise and being put on Qysima (a newer weightloss med for thyroid & pcos suffers) I am now 177 as of July 1, 2015. But since July 1st the scale has not budged. No matter how much I exercise, how well I eat. I cannot seem to get it to lower any further!
If anyone else has had any experience with this and has any helpful tips of suggestions please, I am up for anything!

Last edited by Wrightone1013; 07-30-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: forgot to add my current age
Wrightone1013 is offline   Reply With Quote