Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default July 2013

Thought it would start a new thread since tomorrow is july 1st. I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212.5/?/145

Height: 5'6

I don't know about maintenance yet..haven't made it that far...but scared (ok more like terrified) nonetheless about gaining it all back.
My question: I started the fiber drink drop-ins (cuz i was getting hungry) and gained 4 lbs(wth). Has this happened to anyone else? Will the weight come back off once your body gets use to it? I am already frustrated since the weight loss has slowed way down and this didn't help! ugh!
twinkletoes75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I would like to know how many have done the MRC program and have had to come back and start it again due to weight gain during maintenance? Thank you
That would be my current situation (see my thread from last night). I was doing awesome and never felt better when I was on maintenance. That's my motivation now. I know what it's like to finally be there and that's what's keeping me on plan and not cheating. I want that feeling again.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

I started maintenance jan 4th and did really good for three months then all the cravings came back I've gained 8-10 lbs and my inches are coming back around my mid section. I was told to go back to the green menu but can't bring myself to do so. I don't want to eat the same foods over and over the rest of my life, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have started MRC. But anyway they are doing the Lipo B12 injections starting next week at my center and i'm going to try them to see if it helps.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #5  

Weighed in yesterday and gained 1/2 pound, putting me 4 1/2 pounds under maintenance goal.

Wishing y'all a nice day.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I was told to go back to the green menu but can't bring myself to do so. I don't want to eat the same foods over and over the rest of my life, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have started MRC.
I feel for you skelley. It's not an easy road. Unfortunately, no matter what diet you do whether it's MRC, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc., battling cravings will be a life long process we will have to endure. If we don't, we'll be right back where we started.

With regards to eating the same foods over and over, I'm one of the pickiest eaters my center has ever came across because I'm a "supertaster" (Google it and you'll understand my difficulties). I'm super limited in what I eat, but once I reached maintanence, I found I could eat so many more things than when I was on plan and never felt deprirved. So long as I stayed around 1200 calories and kept with more lean proteins rather than junk food, I was good. Hang in there and rely on the posters who are in maintenance too. They were always an invaluable source of ways to mix up the menu.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #7  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Well you already know my story skelley. I'm still a little shocked at how poorly I did on maintenance after I did so well on program. But my center flat out said that it is "very, very common" to gain the weight back after program and "it happens all the time". Call me cynical, but I think they have me right where they want me - can't go off plan without gaining the weight back.

Sorry, but 1200 calories is a reduced calorie diet for weight loss, not a proper caloric intake for a healthy individual to maintain their weight. They've really screwed up our metabolism if that's all we can eat in order to maintain after doing their program.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Well you already know my story skelley. I'm still a little shocked at how poorly I did on maintenance after I did so well on program. But my center flat out said that it is "very, very common" to gain the weight back after program and "it happens all the time". Call me cynical, but I think they have me right where they want me - can't go off plan without gaining the weight back.

Sorry, but 1200 calories is a reduced calorie diet for weight loss, not a proper caloric intake for a healthy individual to maintain their weight. They've really screwed up our metabolism if that's all we can eat in order to maintain after doing their program.
Going4Fit: I'm totally in agreement with you on everything you posted. I'm doing the Lipo B12 injections for 8 wks then after that i'm definitely done. I did find that the only area i'm gaining in is my mid-section. I stopped taking the cortitrim about two months ago and that's when I started gaining around that area which is just plain fat! The cortitrim is so expensive so I did some research and found out that Tonalin CLA does the very same thing and it's have the cost and you can get it at Vitamin world, and several other places, my energy level is amazing and you only take it twice a day with a meal. google it and check it out.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #9  

Weighed in today and down 12.5 pounds total. Plus our center gave everyone who weighed in today an extra 4 weeks of time. Definitely working not knowing my weight. It's stopped my cheating not knowing if I have a little wiggle room before a weigh in. Hopefully it will get me back to my goal weight even faster.

Skelley & Going4Fit...Hang in there!

Last edited by JenB72; 07-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #10  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hello all! Welcome back to JenB...have missed you Proud of your willingness to be honest and admire you for starting again!!

I am doing ok mostly...lol. Up and down...and sweet cravings continue to be a battle for me. I guess we will just have to accept that moving forward once we hit maintenance doesn't mean smooth sailing, far from it.

I continue to try to stay within a 3-5lb range and when I go up, adjust my eating to pure "lean and clean" for a couple of days until my weight is back down. Summer is tough...we travel some (and I have never done well with that as far as food is concerned) so coming home it will often take more than a couple of days to get back down again on the scale...Can feel overwhelming to me if I let it go up more than a couple of pounds...I just don't like the thought of having to go back on some "plan" for an indefinite period of time.

It is very weird...but I totally give myself permission to eat whatever when I am away from home, justifying that when I get home, I will be strict to undo the damage. When I am home, you can hardly get me to mess up too much...and if I have been on a couple of "lean and clean" days, I am almost unwilling to mess those up by having something I shouldn't. Problem with all of this is that when it is summer, we are gone a lot...so Tami is eating not so great a lot...I am sure this all has some emotional explanations... but I don't have those answers. Not sure why I make things harder on myself like that...feels like I am constantly on a "diet."

Anyways...I had to agree with Going4fit that we shouldn't have to eat MRC forever to maintain our loss...1200 calories per day isn't enough. However, their menus mostly are healthy (with the exception of the 30 day plan in my opinion...which lowers your metabolism even more than the Green menu making it even more difficult to maintain. A vicious cycle is what all of this is.) In the short term, you lose, but in the long run, it is next to impossible to keep it off.

Well ladies..Patzi continues to do wonderful so I guess we all just need to follow her direction A biggy I get from her is to continue with WI appointments/journaling...the accountability piece is really big in maintenance....and I seem to benefit from it, too even though I don't always like to go.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Last edited by Tamikl; 07-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #11  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

I had spaghetti squash for lunch today, with the creamy tomato-basil HNS mixed with only 4 oz. of water to make a nice thick sauce for on top. Added 3 oz turkey sausage* plus 1/2 oz. cheese. Mmmmmmm...... Yummy nummers. And of course, some wonderful fresh fruit on the side. LOVE summertime when all the peaches and berries are in season!

*When I make the cookbook turkey sausage, I also add fennel and I double all the spices (or use half the meat).

Let's see, my goal was to make it to a weigh-in yesterday but the little one napped longer than expected (recovering from the excitement of the 4th no doubt) so it didn't happen. I'm following green menu perfectly right now though, so not worried about the numbers.

Like JenB, I had requested to not be told my weight and whether I was up or down, but one week I got a call congratulating me on my loss and the next weigh-in the gal blurted out the number on the scale, out of habit I suppose. So I gave up on that. It is nice just making good choices and not constantly analyzing and trying to figure out why the numbers are what they are from week to week. I never weigh myself at home. My body tells the true story anyway.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #12  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hi to all! Well we went on a small vacation wed and just got back home Saturday. My grandson played ball or was suppose to this weekend but due to all the rain we only got one game in. I too ate whatever I wanted while we were gone and starting tomorrow sunday I will go back to eating lean and clean, not sure how much I will have put on but I don't worry anymore I guess. I'll step on the scale sunday morning and go from there.

Going4Fit i'm so glad you are doing well, looks like you have found your way again.

Tamikl: I agree with you!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #13  

One of the hardest things for me being on maintenance was not losing weight anymore, as strange as that sounds. I would come here and see all the other ladies losing, and in a weird way, I kinda felt left out. Here I was at goal weight (actually, a little below) and it felt odd not to post how much weight I lost anymore. I guess it's true what they say, losing weight is just as much a mental thing as it is a physical.

Wishing everyone a great rest of the 4th of July weekend!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #14  
Making everyday count

S/C/G: 207/189.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Weighed in today and I'm down another 2.5 pounds. That's a total of 14.5 pounds in 5 weeks. Hoping to keep it up..
Tina812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #15  

[QUOTE=JenB72;4786793]Weighed in today and down 12.5 pounds total. Plus our center gave everyone who weighed in today an extra 4 weeks of time. Definitely working not knowing my weight. It's stopped my cheating not knowing if I have a little wiggle room before a weigh in. Hopefully it will get me back to my goal weight even faster.

Jen...
This is fantastic.. Are you back on the Meta Slim program or something else?

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote