Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/222.0/156.0

Height: 67 inches

Red face Too Much Protein

I started the program on 4/21 (preconditioning a week before). I have lost 6 pounds so far. I have a major problem though I am unable to eat all the protein that is called for on the beige plan. I start gagging about halfway through. Any ideas.. the center has me doing eggs and cheese for lunch and dinner but I would like to explore other options. Thanks in advance..

Last edited by doingitmyway; 04-29-2013 at 04:38 PM.
doingitmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #2  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

I like venison if that is available to you? I know some places it is very hard to get and expensive. I use ground venison, venison steaks, etc. and we can have it for lunch and dinner and it isn't counted as a twice a week! I love putting spaghetti squash, ground venison, potato, and just sea salt and pepper in a skillet. Then, I use heinz reduced sugar tomato ketchup or hot sauce or both on it. If venison isn't available I would try ground chicken. I actually found a recipe called green chili chicken burgers, it is delicious! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Green-C...rs/Detail.aspx I skipped the quac. topping, bun, and cheese and just ate the burgers with some shredded lettuce on top and some homemade salsa. If you like fish you could eat gortons fish patties or make your own fish. The fish patties you just pop in the oven for about 10 min. and they are done, and better yet they are already pre-seasoned! Now that summer is coming up, maybe grilling your proteins would be better for you. I hardly ever eat chicken unless my fiance grills it and it makes it SOOOO much better. Also, if you like tuna, I used to put walden farms mayo in it and it made it so much better. I could never eat tuna alone because it was so dry. These things have helped me out because I know where you are coming from about getting gaggy after a while. Oh yeh, and rotisserie chicken is a lifesaver because it is moister than just plain chicken breasts. Good luck and keep up the great work!!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for the tips. Now I was under the impression we weren't to use preprackaged seasoned meat... that would make thinks so much easier! I am running out of ideas.. and I could get into some easy!!
I have the cookbook and tried a couple of things but would like to cook for the whole family not just myself.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #4  
I can do this!

I only use the preseasoned fish I don't use any other preseasoned things. Plus, I only use this every once in a while because it is a little higher in sodium, not bad, but more than just making your own fish. For a late night dinner though in a pinch, it works great. I just season my own meats other than that because if you buy prepackaged such as marinated chicken breasts or something then it is outrageous sodium amts and who knows whatever else they inject it with or put on it. Look for different recipes for different ways to make things such as baking instead of stovetop or different ways to season it. Here is a tilapia recipe that me and my family loves, if you don't like it as spicy then skip the cayenne and maybe even the pepper too. http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and...x#.UX7Y2LV1-FU
Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #5  

that makes sense. I just looked a recipe from my center and it calls for jennie o turkey sausage. I will definitely add this to my grocery list.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #6  
I can do this!

that might be a maintenance recipe? I would check because I never could have turkey sausage on my plan but I do know that there is a great turkey sausage recipe in the recipe book and all you do is add seasonings to the turkey. I don't really like turkey and I was very surprised with it, it was really good!Plus, less salt probably than buying the turkey sausage