Old 08-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #1  

Default Made the mexican coleslaw recipe from the cookbook, I feel so sick! help

I made it exactly as it read even though for one serving it had an entire TABLESPOON each of cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. This looked really wrong to me, like it should have been a lot less of each but I ate it anyway because I didn't want to waste it. Now my intestines feel like I ate a samurai sword for lunch. Has anyone else had a problem with this recipe? I feel so discouraged, I already hated this diet and am so hungry on it, I don't need the gut rot on top of it

Last edited by yankeeoregon; 08-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.
yankeeoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #2  

I haven't tried it, but 1 tsp sounds more accurate...a little spice helps make the food more yummy, too much, like you said, gut rot
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I usually adjust the seasonings in the recipes, the cool cucumber salad is really good but calls for a lot of oil so I cut it at least in half. sorry for the sword in your gut hope it passes quickly
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

One thing that happens to me when I try new foods or change my diet is that food sensitives I wasn't aware of pop up. Either one of the ingredients in the recipe was spoiled or you may also be dealing with a food you're sensitive to. I've found that most of my food sensitives can be slightly alleviated if I take an anti-gas pill, although for the most part I just have to wait it out.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote