Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/300/147

Height: 5'6"

Default The scale has to be lying!

I am on day 7 of the Meta-Slim plan and I am really puzzled as to why the scale is not reflecting the physical changes I am seeing. Just about everyone I run into has noticed a drastic change in my appearance by day 5 but it only showed I was down 4.5 pounds. My clothes are loose and I feel so much better so when I get on the scale I am shocked to see so little lost. All of my measurements are down as well. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about 4.5 pounds. I just don't get how such a huge physical change isn't reflected on the scale. I keep wondering where the fat is hiding? If you lose inches, shouldn't that be reflected on the scale as well? Anyway, I am weighing in again today in about 90 minutes and I am dreading it.
UnfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Have patience! I don't know the answer but I do know this does work. You are barely started so just surrender to the process and know in time you are gonna see the drop. Some people plateau the second week, by the way. That's what my counselor said. So stay focused on the good stuff that's happening. Good luck-
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

It is possible that you are gaining a little muscle in the meantime (are you working out at all?). If that is the case, the weight loss at the beginning will be a little bit slower. But, don't give up!!!
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hang in there! 4.5 pounds is still really great! I don't know if your center has this, but there's a little model of what one pound looks like and it's alot!

Trust that you are doing the best for your body. There are a lot of changes going on in there with weight loss... your fat cells, your muscle, your hormones, everything is working together and affecting good changes for you.

There were many weeks that I would only lose a pound but my clothes fit so much looser. I went from a size 20/22 to a 9/10 in pants... everyone's different.

Also, a little note on stress... I know it's difficult but try not to stress... for me it made me gain as much as 2 pounds in a weigh in!

You're doing great! Try to relax and take advantage of the help that is available to you!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the support! The scale finally caught up with me and I lost another 1.5. They said I just plateaued a little early. Fine with me, I am not going to argue any time the scale shows me a lower number.
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote