MRC March 2012 Thread

You're on Page 10 of 23
Go to
  • On Diet Direct and want to order some of that "Nectar." I am debating between the Chocolate Truffle and the Fuzzy Navel??? Help please! Also, would this be considered a "creamy" protein drink all depending on the flavor?
  • Quote: Carb and protein. For instance, my pre-race go-to breakfast is a small plain bagel with peanut butter and a banana. They even suggested bringing one of my Meal Replacement Bars to help with the protein side of things. As for the carbs for dinner, whole-grain or wheat pasta was their suggestion.
    THanks Jen...
    That is very helpful for me.

Patzi
  • Quote: On Diet Direct and want to order some of that "Nectar." I am debating between the Chocolate Truffle and the Fuzzy Navel??? Help please! Also, would this be considered a "creamy" protein drink all depending on the flavor?
    Why don't you start with the single serving variety pack? Those containers are so huge I would hate it if I got one I didn't like. Just today I had 1/2 a package of strawberry mouse in Greek yogurt. I loved it! I do the same with the choc truffle- reminds me of chocolate cheesecake. If you are set on a big container, I do really like the chocolate truffle. Haven't tried the fuzzy navel yet, hoping that will taste like a dreamcicle with yourgrt.

There are 0 carbs, so I consider it a clear. You just have to use a little less if you only want protein at 15 g. I don't bother to do that math anymore, but then I haven't been breaking any records on the scales...

I am down 2.5 pounds today since my last visit to the center 2 weeks ago, however! Yay, relief! But we decided I'm not really ready to add anything more to my stabilization plan till next week. I'm going up and down too much.
  • Went to WI today and was only down .5 lbs. Pretty bummed about that but at least it was a loss. But on a better note I did get the new green menu. Since I'm below 200 now they have changed me to it. It looks good and I'm excited about the changes. I will probably be having corn tonight for supper. I miss corn. And I like the option of fruit with breakfast instead of a starch. Hopefully I will have a greater loss next WI which is on Tuesday.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Quote: Why don't you start with the single serving variety pack? Those containers are so huge I would hate it if I got one I didn't like. Just today I had 1/2 a package of strawberry mouse in Greek yogurt. I loved it! I do the same with the choc truffle- reminds me of chocolate cheesecake. If you are set on a big container, I do really like the chocolate truffle. Haven't tried the fuzzy navel yet, hoping that will taste like a dreamcicle with yourgrt.

There are 0 carbs, so I consider it a clear. You just have to use a little less if you only want protein at 15 g. I don't bother to do that math anymore, but then I haven't been breaking any records on the scales...

I am down 2.5 pounds today since my last visit to the center 2 weeks ago, however! Yay, relief! But we decided I'm not really ready to add anything more to my stabilization plan till next week. I'm going up and down too much.
    i have to say i am addicted to the Chocolate Truffle and never get tired of it. i did get a little tired of the orange and the lemonade. next time i order, i'll get the variety pack so i can try other flavors. the strawberry sounds good! and of course the Chocolate Truffle. it's so yummy! i like it w/ greek yogurt. i like it w/ frozen raspberries or any fruit. good w/ left over coffee. good w/ diet Dr. Pepper. good w/ diet sprite. i even threw a few nuts in there one time and blended it up...chocolate peanut butter! but i'm a chocoholic for sure so have to have chocolate each and every day :-) i count it as a HNS...0 carbs! 0 sugar!
    Camaswa, congrats on losing 2.5 more pounds WOO HOO!!!! go girl!
  • Quote: Why don't you start with the single serving variety pack? Those containers are so huge I would hate it if I got one I didn't like. Just today I had 1/2 a package of strawberry mouse in Greek yogurt. I loved it! I do the same with the choc truffle- reminds me of chocolate cheesecake. If you are set on a big container, I do really like the chocolate truffle. Haven't tried the fuzzy navel yet, hoping that will taste like a dreamcicle with yourgrt.

I had never heard of dietdirect before, but I checked them out today after I read some of these posts. I am jsut curious on what the difference is between what they have and what is at my center. Obdviously they have more flavor choices, but is it just another name brand for the same things otherwise?
  • Bummed today. WI and I was up .5. Since I have been following my plan neurotically, it is being chalked up to the stress and emotions of the week. My period is also starting this weekend, I haven't had a cycle OP yet so I am wondering how much that is playing a role. Trying to keep my head up but after all week of wanting to seek comfort in food but making good chioces instead I am kind of feeling why the **** didn't I just give in? Ugh, sorry for the rant, just really bummed...
  • Camaswa...
    Thanks for bringing up the variety pack of the Syntrax product.. I have never tried it, and my main concern is the allergic reaction to whey.. Sometimes I can tolerate it, sometimes not, so this is a good way to try it..
    Congrats to the weight loss.. Good idea to go easy on stabilization if you are not steady with the up and down.. It will all come together soon for you.If I can ever be of help to you,please ask..

Patzi
  • Wish me luck, ladies! Running a 15K in the morning. Sure couldn't have done that a year ago.
  • This week has been great. Took yesterday off so I could go get my new tattoo and then went to a great hockey game. On top of the weight lss I couldn't have ask for a better start to the weekend. Hope you all are enjoying yours too!

Quote: Went to WI today and was only down .5 lbs. Pretty bummed about that but at least it was a loss. But on a better note I did get the new green menu. Since I'm below 200 now they have changed me to it. It looks good and I'm excited about the changes. I will probably be having corn tonight for supper. I miss corn. And I like the option of fruit with breakfast instead of a starch. Hopefully I will have a greater loss next WI which is on Tuesday.

Happy Friday everyone!
    Congrats on being under the 200 mark, feels great doesn't it? I had corn the other night for the first time and I savored it.

JenB. Good luck on your race!

Galadreal. 2-3 lbs per week is awesome. Congrats.

Sara. Did you get all your water in? I noticed last week I had a 1.5 lb gain and after looking at what I ate I found I was coming up short on my water. My food was all good just really short on water. Also did you get all you hsn? That has been a culprit for me too. Good luck.

Congrats to the rest of the losers! Good luck this week everybody.
  • Please email me all mrc menu to kristlynjohnson at gmail dot com
  • Quote: i have to say i am addicted to the Chocolate Truffle and never get tired of it. i did get a little tired of the orange and the lemonade. next time i order, i'll get the variety pack so i can try other flavors. the strawberry sounds good! and of course the Chocolate Truffle. it's so yummy! i like it w/ greek yogurt. i like it w/ frozen raspberries or any fruit. good w/ left over coffee. good w/ diet Dr. Pepper. good w/ diet sprite. i even threw a few nuts in there one time and blended it up...chocolate peanut butter! but i'm a chocoholic for sure so have to have chocolate each and every day :-) i count it as a HNS...0 carbs! 0 sugar!
    Camaswa, congrats on losing 2.5 more pounds WOO HOO!!!! go girl!
    haha- thanks for the edit!!! And you know we all owe our love of Choc. truffle to YOU! I never get tired of it either. today I had Carribean something or other with my yogurt. Ok, but not fab. Kind of a fake pineapple taste. would definitely not order a giant tub of that one.
  • Quote: I had never heard of dietdirect before, but I checked them out today after I read some of these posts. I am jsut curious on what the difference is between what they have and what is at my center. Obdviously they have more flavor choices, but is it just another name brand for the same things otherwise?
    Well, you know that MRC doesn't actually formulate or manufacture anything, they just private label stuff from other manufacturers. So if you really look, you can find pretty much every HNS and supplement somewhere else and sometimes cheaper. Or you can find different flavors of stuff with the same nutritional content. For people who are doing the program on their own or want to keep using the products on maintenance, Diet Direct is a good source. As long as you are enrolled with a center, you do have to buy from them, but I get a few extras now and then for fun and variety. Watch out for all the bars - too good! Too much like candy bars for me to resist.
  • Quote: Camaswa...
    Thanks for bringing up the variety pack of the Syntrax product.. I have never tried it, and my main concern is the allergic reaction to whey.. Sometimes I can tolerate it, sometimes not, so this is a good way to try it..
    Congrats to the weight loss.. Good idea to go easy on stabilization if you are not steady with the up and down.. It will all come together soon for you.If I can ever be of help to you,please ask..

Patzi
    Thank you! I'm feeling like I am getting there. And yes, those products ARE whey. Here's another idea: if there is a Vitamin Shoppe in your area, they do seel the vanilla and chocolate truffle in the single servings. You could just get one or two. My guess is there may be other retail outlets that sell the brand as well. I just happened to see it at that place, which is right across the street from my office. I keep a big jar of the Choc. Truffle under my desk and just dip into it!
  • Plateau anyone?
    176 and holding....................for 3 weeks now! I have had my issues with cheats and staying OP, but I committed to staying OP 3 weeks ago and have not dropped a pound since I have lost 16 pounds and have another 16 to go to be at my goal weight. I guess the good news though is that I have lost 27 inches (and I am getting my waist back LOL!)

What has been your longest plateau? and was there something you did to break it? My counselor doesn't seem too concerned - she thinks I will have a large drop in weight soon. I did start exercising this week so she thinks I may be holding on to some water weight.

Today is a beautiful day here in colorful Colorado.....hope you are all enjoying your weekend