Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/194/145

Default New and frustrated

Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking on this forum and decided to finally introduce myself and get some advice from you all . My name is Brandi and I started MRC August 16th and weighed in at 208. Last Monday, I weighed in at 197.0. Last Wednesday, I was 197.5 and today, almost a week later, I am still 197.5. This is soooo frustrating!! I am following this plan to a T. I have not cheated once and this holding steady so early in the program is discouraging! I am not anywhere near TOM, I drink all my water, and I exercise. My center said that if I am still up at my weigh in on Wednesday, they would have me change something but didn't seem concerned. I was really hoping that I would be through it by now. Anyone else had this problem?? Any advice would be appreciated
bstull1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #2  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Two weeks into the program I was told to expect a plateau and I got "just that!" That's probably why your center isn't too concerned. In fact, I think they even gave me a paper about it-maybe the info about water consumption? It's actually a "good" sign at this point in the program and you will start losing again soon, probably this week. I didn't believe them when they told me that at first, but it was exactly as they said! Hang in there-the program works!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

i would expect more advice than that from the center.. i'd up your water intake, cut out sodium... are you using the food scale to make sure your portions are correct? i had to buy one and realized i was eating more than i should. good luck! i'm working on drinking more water becuz i'm stuck at the same wt. after losing 12 lbs first month.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #4  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

I found the paper I was talking about...at the top it says, "Plateaus are good signs!" Here's what it says about plateaus:

"Once you understand the process of weight loss, you will actually be glad when you stop losing weight on your plan, or even gain a little weight at the end of 7-10 days. Let us explain what is happening to your body.

...on the first part of the plan, your rapid weight loss is due partly to water loss as well as fat loss. After 7-10 days, you'll probably stop losing weight. Unfortunately, too many people get discouraged and stop the plan at this point. Yet THIS IS WHERE REAL FAT LOSS OCCURS. Your body begins to retain water to maintain the shape and configuration of its cells as fat is lost. Cells must maintain a certain shape or they may collapse. Now, this is important. Water is heavier than fat and so, while your weight may remain stable or even increase you actually are losing fat. As the water is maintaining the shape of your cells, fat is being lost from the cells. So even though your scales may indicate otherwise, YOU ARE REALLY WINNING THE LOSING BATTLE!"

Hope that helps you understand what's going on. I remember this very well when I went through it and they were right because my ketone strip showed I was burning fat!
Goneforgood1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #5  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Wow!! You have lost a little over 10 lbs in a little under 3 weeks!!!!!! I personally think that is a HUGE accomplishment. Your body likely needs to adjust, and will begin to kick in naturally as it gets used to the change in your diet. Plateaus are good...but they also say that gradual weightloss often results in more permanent weightloss

It takes time...be patient, because the program does work, but everyone is unique it how it works for them. Be so proud of yourself!!! Most people would give anything to lose that much so quickly!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #6  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Thank you for posting that information Goneforgood1128!! It was very inspiring and makes me feel better about stalls I've been having!
chubbyhipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

bstull1982, I feel for you. I think every one of us have went through this. Are your clothes feeling a bit baggy? Sometimes that's a better indication of what's happening to your body. The trick, and it's a hard one at times, is to stick with it. I was once in a plateau for 2 weeks (no cheating involved). But, the scale did start moving again. Hang in there!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

I am at day 14 and the exact thing happened at my weigh-in today. I'm telling myself to just trust the process. I can get so disappointed over a number that I give up. They did messurements and I have lost 11 inches, which helped me feel better!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #9  
Barely Losing & Frustrate

S/C/G: 203/190/151

Height: 5'6"

Default Slowed weight loss

I can totally relate to bstull1982 on this one. I am seriously frustrated and losing faith in the holy "program." I started out losing 4.5lbs a week for the first 2 weeks and since then have been declining each week to 0-1lb/week. I am following the program to a tee, drinking tons of water and exercising every day. I have never cheated, I take all the supplements, HNS, and other things they recommend to me each week and yet I continue to watch my weight loss decrease each week. There is no way I will reach the goal they have set for me in the amount of time they say when my loss continues to decrease each week. They have gone through the problem solving guide numerous times and there is not one thing on there that I am doing wrong or need to change and yet they have no answers or explanations for me. They always smile and say "you're doing really great!" They also use my "average weight loss" as "just over 3lbs a week" but this is not accurate. My initial 2 weeks of high weight loss coupled with the other 3 weeks of 1lb/week is not truly losing 3lbs/week and I find their math extremely annoying. I see a slight difference in my clothes and the way my body looks but to be honest, it's not anywhere near where they said I would be, nor is it anywhere near where I was doing this weight loss thing on my own prior to MRC.

I used to work out 5 days a week and do WW religiously and was able to lose 22lbs in 6 weeks. I am 4 wks into "program" and have lost 13lbs and haven't changed even 1 pant size. I am extremely frustrated and feel like I'm being taken. I've spent over $900 thus far to lose 13lbs????? It feels like a joke.
NurseAppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

I think you should give it some more time. 13 pounds in 4 weeks is good. Ask them to do your measurements next time you go in. That may be an encouragement to see how many inches you have lost. Good luck.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
I am at day 14 and the exact thing happened at my weigh-in today. I'm telling myself to just trust the process. I can get so disappointed over a number that I give up. They did messurements and I have lost 11 inches, which helped me feel better!
I agree - I had not lost anything last week (stressful week with kids in the doctor's and such) and was discouraged, but I had lost 9 lbs, which made me feel better. I also keep telling myself to "trust the process"... and I try to "own" my weight loss ... and what I did to get myself here... every pound off and ON were mine... I do feel better that I'm finally putting myself first and trusting the process to help me reach my goal.

Hugs to you guys... I know it's frustrating! Also, could you possibly try different consultants? I've noticed sometimes that they each have a different opinion/experience to assist me...???
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote