Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #1  

Default New Thinking Of Joining

Went in for free consultation, I was quoted 298 for the start up fee, 14.50 a month for multivamin, 21 for the efa and the protein drinks 100 for 10 boxes I can afford this a month my concern is that is there going to be any other hidden cost.I want to loose 20 lbs and I hope this helps but again being a one income family I cant afford to spend alot of month. thanks for any feedback
jenp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenp32 View Post
Went in for free consultation, I was quoted 298 for the start up fee, 14.50 a month for multivamin, 21 for the efa and the protein drinks 100 for 10 boxes I can afford this a month my concern is that is there going to be any other hidden cost.I want to loose 20 lbs and I hope this helps but again being a one income family I cant afford to spend alot of month. thanks for any feedback
Wait for a sale ... lately they've been running $179 for 17 weeks. Use your own multivitamin and efa. Only buy the HNS there (or online from diet direct). Tell them you want the sale deal and see what they say! They will try to push supplements, but just say no. There really are no other hidden costs if you don't buy the products they push (and you don't have to!).
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #3  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

That doesn't sound terrible. I paid $298 for 17 weeks. Mine came with a hormone test kit, which I didn't want, but there was no getting around that apparently. Push them, though, and make them tell you if it's mandatory.

As for the vitamin and oils-- buy them from walmart or somewhere like costco or sam's club. You can save a lot that way. Depending on what plan you're on, you'll take 2-5 HNS/day. I personally take four (maxed out on my plan). You can get them slightly cheaper online but not much, so most of the time I just buy from MRC.

Other than that, there are no hidden costs. They will try to sell you other supplements (pills), but they are not necessary, and many if not most people don't use them and are very successful. Even if you do decide to try them (I did last time for a couple months and noticed no difference, so I didn't buy more when I ran out), wait until you're a couple months into program to see how you do without them.

Now, the other thing that might happen-- if you ahve more weight to lose than you can do in 17 weeks or if you cheat a lot and your weight loss is slower, you might have to buy more weeks near the end of your program. This is cheaper, though (no maintenance or hormone kit to re-purchase). Just be practical. The most I could ever expect to lose personally is about 10 lbs. per month, and that's if I'm not cheating much at all, so it really all depends on how closely you stick to plan.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote