Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #1  

Default That "New To The Program Struggle"

Hi All,
I love this forum btw, i just joined MRC on Black Friday (at an AWESOME deal too) and I have been constantly searching for reciepes (which I found alot on here). I just find myself still hungry...and I literally have to hide in my room or leave the kitchen and not pack up leftovers because I am just still hungry.
Will this deminish? I am definatly eating less than half of what I would normally. And I am in the 'preconditioning" stage so I'm eating a protien, starch and fruit & veg at meal time. I just struggle with what to eat. I could eat green beans all day, but grilled chicken gets old after even 3 days lol.

I don't do fish (although I can eat tuna) I just need to try new things with chicken and meat (especiallly ground beef) don't know where to go with that one.

Can anyone share their "breakfast and lunch and dinner" routines? I do best when I see examples that worked for others and then tweak them to work with me. I love the support yall offer eachother...I just need some guidence on food choices.
I go in for my food instruction class on Friday I am just confused on what to do till then...
thanks in advance ladiessssssssss
Glammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpcandacelee View Post
Hi All,
I love this forum btw, i just joined MRC on Black Friday (at an AWESOME deal too) and I have been constantly searching for reciepes (which I found alot on here). I just find myself still hungry...and I literally have to hide in my room or leave the kitchen and not pack up leftovers because I am just still hungry.
Will this deminish? I am definatly eating less than half of what I would normally. And I am in the 'preconditioning" stage so I'm eating a protien, starch and fruit & veg at meal time. I just struggle with what to eat. I could eat green beans all day, but grilled chicken gets old after even 3 days lol.

I don't do fish (although I can eat tuna) I just need to try new things with chicken and meat (especiallly ground beef) don't know where to go with that one.

Can anyone share their "breakfast and lunch and dinner" routines? I do best when I see examples that worked for others and then tweak them to work with me. I love the support yall offer eachother...I just need some guidence on food choices.
I go in for my food instruction class on Friday I am just confused on what to do till then...
thanks in advance ladiessssssssss
I promise you, it does get better! I was miserable during my preconditioning, but that's what happens when you are addicted to something (carbs, for me) and go through a withdrawal. Your body needs this time to adjust to a more efficient metabolism. In addition, once you start on your actual plan menu, you'll be adding some light protein supplements to your diet, which will also help keep you from being so hungry.

During preconditioning, on the days I was unbearably hungry, I would snack on celery or cheddar cheese to try to tame the hunger. Also, if you increase your water intake, it does help-- I hate drinking water, but it does keep me from being as hungry.

Here's my usual routine:

Breakfast: 2 eggs (scrambled) + toast (with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray). I went on a cottage cheese kick for a while, but now I'm sick of it and can't touch the stuff for a while.

Lunch: chicken or fish, an apple, and usually green beans (the frozen ones you can steam in the bag in the microwave), steamed broccoli, or sauteed zucchini.

Dinner: chicken or buffalo (usually in an MRC-friendly recipe), slice of bread w/ ICBNB spray, and cooked veggies.

To mix it up, my husband will usually grill sirloin steaks one evening a week, and--if I'm good all week--on Fridays I order Outback to Go and get the salmon & veggies, light-style.

Oh, and I almost forgot--
Once you're a couple weeks into your plan menu, you can start using MRC's meal-replacement shakes/bars up to three times a week. I usually have a shake twice a week for breakfast (to mix it up and get me away from sooooo many eggs), and a bar to substitute a lunch if I'm caught in a jam at work (too busy, or poor planning, etc.)

Last edited by teacherlady79; 11-29-2010 at 10:07 AM.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #3  

Default Mrc?

Please tell me what this is? Thanks, Georgie
georthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georthomas View Post
Please tell me what this is? Thanks, Georgie
Metabolic Research Center
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

First off, be sure you are weighing your food. At first, I wasn't...and I was only eating about half of the 4 oz suggested. Food scales are cheap.

Second, their cookbook (which you will be offered at your food class) is wonderful and will help you not just eat grilled chicken every day. I love mine!

Here are some samples of my meals:

Breakfast: one egg scrambled with cheese and toast with cinnamon, bison steak and toast, one egg and cheese with hot sauce in a tortilla, french toast (with one slice bread and one egg), a shake, egg and oatmeal...all of those with a HNS (usually Wildberry or Peach Mango)

Lunch: Chicken, green peppers and pineapple all grilled together, spaghetti squash with ground turkey and Tomato HNS, bison burger patty with veggies, meal bar, grilled chicken on a salad, the tuna casserole from the cookbook

Dinner- bison meatballs, bison burgers, ground turkey taco (with one tortilla), roasted pork loin and roasted veggies, mustard herb tilapia, ginger shrimp, spicy turkey breasts (I put tons of garlic powder, red pepper flakes and some hot sauce on them), turkey burgers, roasted chicken or beef roast

This diet is easy if you think to season with stuff other than salt. Go buy Mrs. Dash seasonings (I keep a Mexican, Italian, Cajun, grill, and a spicy blend on hand at all times). Lemon, lime and apple cider vinegar make great sauces to flavor your meat and veggies. I love brocolli with some vinegar now. Also, some sauces and condiments are ok...like mustard, hot sauce...learn to use those.

It will only get easier if you get creative so you don't burn out.

Good luck and we are here for you!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #6  

well i just got back from my FIRST weight in after signing up. I actually started the diet eating Saturday even tho i paid for the MRC on Friday.
Anyways, down 3 lbs. I HOPE it's actual weight loss and now just the different clothes i was wearing

she did show me the cookbook, i plan onbuying it friday because today she talked me into the cortirm

anyways, so for lumch i had some turkey lunch meat, celery and green beans and alot of water.

so far so good today.

dont know what i will do for dinner because i have to wrok from3-9. ahhh
Glammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Red face

I just joined MRC on Friday also. I went in tonight for my first WI and measurements. I've been reading through the post I'm sure I'll find a lot of support here. I've done so far so good on the pre conditioning menu.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Lpcandacelee & cmmnsnsfml! I heard about the Black Friday specials - awesome deal!

This program changes so much over the first few weeks - when you are getting the menus every few days/first weeks. That helps, keeps things interesting. You will definitely be tired of chicken if you don't mix things up. I got to where I would force myself to eat at lunch and dinner b/c it was usually chicken. Now I use buffalo, ground turkey, turkey breasts, salmon, tuna steaks and fresh sealed tuna, eggs, cheese and occasionally shellfish to keep things interesting. The cookbook and recipes are amazing...they help a lot!

Once you are on program and can have creamies....get some hot cocoa for the time in the day that you are hungriest (for me, late at night) and treat yourself - it's actually REALLY good! Mix things up with bars and shakes - the shakes are extremely filling and are pretty tasty (vanilla powder). Be sure to use your spray butter (ICBINB), dijonaise (sp?), and LOTS of spices!!! Sea salt is one of my favorite things this week - left over turkey with oregano, sea salt and pepper, melted with cheese on top of wheat toast - Delicious!

Best of luck to each of you! You will LOVE this forum and will get so much support from everyone here - I love being able to share ideas and know that other people are doing the same crazy thing that I am...for myself
ImOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Make peace with the chicken breast! It will become your best friend over the next few months! During the 2nd week, I would literally gag at the sight of meat - even thought I would have to switch to the vegetarian menu. It got much better, though. For lunch, I would often have sauteed zucchini with my cheese melted on top until it was almost crisp. Adding the meal replacement bars and shakes reallly helped. I mix my favorite HNS (usually wildberry or lemon) into my vanilla shake. This is an especially great dinner in the summer when it's hot.

My other favorites for breakfast are low carb tortilla broiled with cheese, buffalo and black beans with salsa and a sprinkling of cheese, cottage cheese with cinnamon and sweetner. For lunch, salad salad salad or cooked veggies and cheese. I love making spinach salad with tuna and strawberries. I found a lemon essence olive oil that I use on my salads with champagne vinegar. Twice a week, you're allowed salmon or steak for dinner. I tried to do 1 day of each. I lived for my steak day b/c my body really seemed to need it - I would be getting tired and weak, have my 5oz steak and was good to go for another week. Now I hardly have it at all -would rather have salmon.

Hang on - it gets better! "Cheating" only makes the pain last longer - I would suggest cold turkey!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
I wonder if you are from the same center I went to on Black Friday?

I guess my biggest struggle rapping around is the fact that they "SAY" you will lose 52lbs in the 17weeks. I can't even IMAGINE myself losing 52lbs so I am skeptical of it. I guess would that be the denial in me? Or part of the disorder I've associated with eating? I dont know. To me it just feels like I am SO EXCITED to see changes and weight loss and am 100% dedicated to this program, but then I second guess myself and feel like maybe I am setting myself up to be disappointed...because like I said, I can't even imagine being able to lose those 52lbs in now (16 weeks).

I guess I just have been overweight for so long that I can't imagine being able to lose 52 lbs..heck even 50lbs.
Shoot when they asked me what my goal was I didn't know what to tell them. Ive never really thought about that. I didn't want to say a ## and never be able to achieve it so I just aimed for a high lb because I guess mentally i cannot wrap around myself losing 52lbs. I have the drive and dedicationg and excitment to do it...BUT I just dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.
Anyonw else struggle with this?

You know, when I began MRC, I was just so excited and sure it would work, I just followed it without question. Went from a size 22-24 to 12-14 in 4 months, so I am glad I really believed in it, cause it really did work!

I am not done, but that quick difference did wonders for me in so many ways!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #11  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I guess my biggest struggle rapping around is the fact that they "SAY" you will lose 52lbs in the 17weeks. I can't even IMAGINE myself losing 52lbs so I am skeptical of it. I guess would that be the denial in me? Or part of the disorder I've associated with eating? I dont know. To me it just feels like I am SO EXCITED to see changes and weight loss and am 100% dedicated to this program, but then I second guess myself and feel like maybe I am setting myself up to be disappointed...because like I said, I can't even imagine being able to lose those 52lbs in now (16 weeks).

I guess I just have been overweight for so long that I can't imagine being able to lose 52 lbs..heck even 50lbs.
Shoot when they asked me what my goal was I didn't know what to tell them. Ive never really thought about that. I didn't want to say a ## and never be able to achieve it so I just aimed for a high lb because I guess mentally i cannot wrap around myself losing 52lbs. I have the drive and dedicationg and excitment to do it...BUT I just dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.
My 17 weeks is up (not counting stabilization and maintenance afterwards) the last week of December. While I sincerely doubt I will lose another 20lbs between now and then (to hit my original 52lb goal), I am proud (and pleasantly surprised) at the amount of weight I will have lost at the end of 17 weeks. I'm guessing I will have lost 38-42lbs by then... which is honestly more than I really thought I could do.

I did re-enroll on black friday for an additional 10 weeks after my initial 17, so I'm really hoping I will surpass my 52lb goal and actually lose about 63lbs total!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #12  

Quote:

Hey Lbcandaceelee! I definitely do and came into this program extremely skeptical and crossing every x, dotting every i in order to fight them and say "I did everything you said and still didn't lose". I took a hundred notes during my initial consultation and then during food class - fully expecting issues, problems, special needs, SOMETHING that would proove that I am the one it wouldn't work for. VERY skeptical.

What has helped: 2 things -

1. It has actually WORKED! Hallelujah, Thank God!! I dropped 20 pounds in 32 days and am still losing.

2. I went to the "Feelings" class and it was amazing what I learned!! They tell you specifically why you have denial and why we self-sabbotage (sp?). And ways to cope and help ourselves out! Work the program, believe in yourself and it will all come together! Don't quit on yourself...that's an even uglier game

Best of luck - hang in there - this is the BEST thing I have ever done for ME and I know you will be feeling better about it as soon as you see some movement on the scale and in your clothes!!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
My 17 weeks is up (not counting stabilization and maintenance afterwards) the last week of December. While I sincerely doubt I will lose another 20lbs between now and then (to hit my original 52lb goal), I am proud (and pleasantly surprised) at the amount of weight I will have lost at the end of 17 weeks. I'm guessing I will have lost 38-42lbs by then... which is honestly more than I really thought I could do.

I did re-enroll on black friday for an additional 10 weeks after my initial 17, so I'm really hoping I will surpass my 52lb goal and actually lose about 63lbs total!
You can do it teacherlady!!! Keep up the great work - you never know, you could be hittin' your goal by early January and dancing circles around yourself! I'm hoping desperately to hit goal by Christmas (12-15 more pounds to stabilization) which would be early but hey, why not?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

I, too, was very skeptical when I was told I could lose 51 lbs in 17 weeks. I have never ever been able to lose weight (more than 5 lbs) on a diet before. And I have attempted the typical plans .. weight watchers, atkins, sugar busters, and even used zenical (under the direction/control of my doctor). Most of the plans I tried for a three month time period. None were successful.

So, when the consultant said I could lose 51 lbs in 17 weeks (4+ months), I thought .. 'yeah, right'.

I have only been on the plan for 21 days but have lost a told of 13 lbs (as of today). Each time I see that scale move I get so excited. And the consultants have been wonderful.

Crystal light has been my saving grace to get in all the water. And the cappaccino HSN .. yum! I don't even miss my 2 cups of coffee w/half n' half any more. Do purchase a variety of HSNs.

The first couple weeks will be rough but it will definitely get easier. Take one day at a time. This is such a great support group .. available 24/7. We are very fortunate!!

Good luck!

Last edited by LisaK190; 12-01-2010 at 07:14 PM.
LisaK190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/150

Height: 5'10

I definitely thought it would be impossible to lose, essentially, 200 pounds. I always kind of thought, "why bother" because it was such a high number. Since May I've lost 117 pounds and this week alone I had a 5 pound loss, I haven't really slowed down. Stick with it and it really works, for me at least I really like Metabolic. The only thing I find annoying are food sheets. I don't see the point in them, they just aren't my thing (I'm in college, constantly volunteering, super busy). I don't like when I know it's time to go to the center and I'm like "ahh I forgot to do a food sheet!" Because honestly, they don't contribute to my diet at all! And if you don't bring one in, they get annoyed. Does anyone else have this problem? I guess it's not a big deal, it's just a tedious thing for me. But a small complaint when everything else is great
sweetsmmr91 is offline   Reply With Quote