Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/190/155

Default Coming Back...

Hi all! Three years ago I joined MRC (and this forum!) and very successfully lost 45 of the 55 pounds I wanted to lose. Toward the end of my 10th month on the program (and before I got to my goal), I started to have some health concerns. My husband and I were really concerned and thought that I had some warning signs of ovarian cancer. Well, turns out I was PREGNANT with a very unexpected fourth baby! Needless to say, we are very glad to have him and wouldn't trade for him. Unfortunately, I gained back all of the weight I had worked so hard to lose! I blamed it on the baby, but really, it was all just me. So, here I am, needing to lose the weight again. Before, when I joined MRC, I lived about 20 miles from the only center in my area. We have moved, and now I live 90 miles from the center and do not go into town very often. My center is working with me to do an "at-home" program. I started in November, but I am having lots of trouble this time around. I cannot find my motivation. So, I remembered this site and rejoined with the hopes that maybe someone could help me! I need motivation and I need to be accountable! I am going to be on here hoping to find that! Anyway, long story, but I needed to admit the trouble so that I can get this weight gone!
Thanks for listening!
momma2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2four View Post
Hi all! Three years ago I joined MRC (and this forum!) and very successfully lost 45 of the 55 pounds I wanted to lose. Toward the end of my 10th month on the program (and before I got to my goal), I started to have some health concerns. My husband and I were really concerned and thought that I had some warning signs of ovarian cancer. Well, turns out I was PREGNANT with a very unexpected fourth baby! Needless to say, we are very glad to have him and wouldn't trade for him. Unfortunately, I gained back all of the weight I had worked so hard to lose! I blamed it on the baby, but really, it was all just me. So, here I am, needing to lose the weight again. Before, when I joined MRC, I lived about 20 miles from the only center in my area. We have moved, and now I live 90 miles from the center and do not go into town very often. My center is working with me to do an "at-home" program. I started in November, but I am having lots of trouble this time around. I cannot find my motivation. So, I remembered this site and rejoined with the hopes that maybe someone could help me! I need motivation and I need to be accountable! I am going to be on here hoping to find that! Anyway, long story, but I needed to admit the trouble so that I can get this weight gone!
Thanks for listening!

Hey momma2four, just seriously wishing you a positive experience. I love MRC. It turned me around so fast I couldn't believe it (between Aug 09 to Jan 10). I never made it to my goal, so I haven't given up, but in that time period I just became so much more happy, dumped about 70 lbs, really enjoyed an exercise program (just walking, but that was awesome -- 3 to 4 mi per day), took years off my appearance (just turned 58), became much more outgoing again -- and on and on and on.

So I just wish you the best. This plan works wonderfully if you are faithful to it (in the big picture). It is forgiving also, as long as exceptions don't occur often. This is a great place to get interaction and feedback, so sure hope you find it incredibly helpful. --Joy2MeNu
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'2"

JoytoMeNu -
Thanks for being so encouraging to everyone on these boards. I have never been active on any forum, but I really like this one and think I may be successful at MRC this time around with great support like yours!
Lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #4  
Wastin' away again...

S/C/G: 200/169/155

Height: 5'8"

good luck!
KSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #5  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

momma2four I am with you. In 2007 I lost around 50lbs and thought WOW I did it. Then some life issues happened and here I am again, up the 50 I lost and a whole lot more. Over the time I was dealing with my emotional pain thru food and final have just reached a breaking point with it all. I have got to turn my life around for my 2 little kids - set a good example for them. I love this site and will give you all the motivation you need, because I need it to!!
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/190/155

momma2four I am with you. In 2007 I lost around 50lbs and thought WOW I did it. Then some life issues happened and here I am again, up the 50 I lost and a whole lot more. Over the time I was dealing with my emotional pain thru food and final have just reached a breaking point with it all. I have got to turn my life around for my 2 little kids - set a good example for them. I love this site and will give you all the motivation you need, because I need it to!!

kristih6,
Thank you! I am struggling SOOOOOO much!! I haven't had an on-plan day in so long. Because of that, I tend to think "well, might as well eat that, too." argghhh....hate that I am such an emotional eater and let food rule my life! I really just need someone to kick me and say "get over it and get back on plan!"
momma2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

momma2four, you should be very proud that you made the decision to come back. The best of luck to you this go around. Remember, you did it the first time, you can do it again.
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote