Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/233/140

Height: 5'5

Default Having bad day...need help!!!!

Okay guys, this has been a hard day for me so far and it's only 1:20. I feel depressed, don't want to do the diet anymore. I know it's just a mood swing but ......just want to screem! I have been on the Medi-Quick menu since Saturday, only 3 1/2 days and could not drink the shake again for lunch. I didn't really fall off program I only ate turkey and salad but I feel like a failure. On top of that a friend of mine that is also going to MRC went to her doctor today and she told her she did not support MRC that everyone she knew that had lost weight with it gained it all back after they quit. I told her they probably didn't change their way of eating and went back to what caused the weight gain to begin with. I am down, I dont' want to be and I need encouragement and also need to know this is normal. Does everyone go through days like this? If you have read any of my posts, I tried MRC about 6 years ago, lost about 35 pounds got down to 170. I quit before I reached my goal and gained it all back plus 30 pounds. (sounds like what the doctor was talking about..but I know it was me...I went back to the way I was eating before). I decided to try again and have only been on program since April 6, have lost 10.5 pounds and 10 3/4 inches. I think that is great but for the last two weeks I have gained. So they put me on Medi-Quick to jump start me into losing again. I have been ON PROGRAM the entire time, no cheating! (I wouldn't feel so bad if I had ate something off program) Please tell me this is normal...I need help to make it through this day.....
I am a strong person but day 4 of Medi-Quick is kicking my butt!
nenelv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I've had those feelings.. There are just days that I can't do the program. I know it's me and not the program. I just try to get right back on the program. I've never tried medi-quick, but I hear on here a lot of people who do. I love food to much to give up the little food that we do get to eat.

My problem is that I get in a rut. I tend to eat the same things over and over and that gets boring. I notice that I can stick to the program better if I change things up.

This diet is like any other diet. If you don't do maintenance/stabilization, and stick with it, you will gain the weight back. We are all here because of how we used to eat. If we got fat the first time, when you go back to eating that way, you're going to get fat again. I look at it as a lifestyle change. Through the process I'm learning how to eat off program for an occasion then get right back on it.

You can do it... Just take a deep breath..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #3  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Do not feel like a failure because you didn't have the shake for lunch. You made a healthy alternative choice! I applaud you for that! Everyone has really tough days along the way where they feel like they're just spinning their wheels. Don't give up on your healthy lifestyle. Even though you haven't seen the drop in numbers over the past few weeks, you are getting healthier! The scale sometimes just shows that in it's own time. ;-) Stay strong!
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I have felt that same way on metaquick. It was really tough after just a few days.

If you want to keep doing MQ you might try some of the shake recipes in the thread or in the cookbook. There are so many things you can do with the vanilla powder shake
-mix with a diet soda instead of wter (I have tried peach, strawberry and root beer)
-mix with extracts (I made an egg nog flavor with rum and vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon.
-mix your HNS in with the shake for different flavors.
-Add instant decaf coffee to vanilla or chocolate.
-I have heard you can make the ready mades into ice cream if you freeze them. You have to transfer them from the package to a bowl then freeze.
-try having a bar in the a.m. one day then a bar for lunch the next day.

I agree with MEEZOOGIRL about getting into a rut, especially with MQ. If you shake it up a lil it might help.

Good Luck!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Height: 5'5"

What is the Meta-quick plan? I am pretty new, so I am not famaliar with it. Is this something to help you break through a rut?
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #6  

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I'm back on track with the program, I'm still blue but not as bad a yesterday. I am so glad we have each other to turn to...my husband has never been over weight and just doesn't see why it is so hard for me. He does support my choice to go to MRC because he knows how important it is for me to get the weight off. Out of 6 people in my family I am the only one not to have heart problems. Four of them had by-pass surgery the other died of heart attack, only one is still living. My sister was 46 when she had her by-pass and died of cancer two years later (my oldest brother, 51, died of a heart attack the day before my sister died). My father had a heart transplant then died of a heart attack, he did live 10 years after the transplant..that was great! My mother died from gangrene after her heart by-pass a year before my brother and sister died to the day (of my sisters death). So you see why I must get this weight off.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #7  

The medi-quick plan: 1 meal replacement bar or 1 meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch then your normal MRC meal at dinner. HSN's as normal also. You are only allowed to do this for up to 7 days a month.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default MRC Food Diary attached

For anyone who needs this!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MRC_Food Diary.pdf (49.6 KB, 24 views)
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote