Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/249.5/175

Height: 5'8"

Default OOPS..I messed up

Well..I have been on the plan since March 1st (February 23rd if you include Pre-Maintenance) and I really messed up big time this week. My first two weeks were really going strong and I lost 11 pounds. I guess I felt like I could take a break this week.

This week has been very stressful at work mentally. Of course we all know that stressed spelled backwards is desserts and thats exactly what i went for. My boyfriend has been trying to support me, but all that stopped when he decided to buy a whole lemon ice box pie. Mind you..I hate lemon..but that pie sure tasted good. I feel really guilty now because I was off plan for two whole days this week...YIKES!

I guess I really needed to tell someone and get this off my chest. Now the hard part is getting back on track.
SenoritaSkinniMinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 312/281/165

Height: 5'11.5"

As long as you get back OP, you'll do great! 11 pounds in two weeks is awesome! Great job!!!

I do understand though. I've had to "suffer" through a couple kids birthday parties and my DH sitting on the couch next to me eating chocolate cake with lots of chocolate frosting! Now he's into an ice cream mood, and I'm not an ice cream fan, but can you imagine how good it would taste? Even 1 bite?! Fortunately I've been a very good girl and haven't done more than take a big sniff of the "bad" foods!
megsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

These things happen to us -- especially when we are in this for a long period of time. So, just don't let your head get in your way -- pull up your boot straps and get it right today. You can completey recover from this. I have had to recover several times along the way, and some of those times, much to my own surprise, I still lost pounds. One of those times is when I finished off two pieces of homemade butterscotch pie (intended and kept for my husband). So, just get the head right and don't feel defeated and you have it beat!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 03-17-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I had a week like this last week.. it was just not a good week all around. I found myself sneaking a bite of this or that.. All week. Needless to say, the scale did not move for me. I took my lumps, and just got back on the program on Monday. It is easier to take it one meal at a time. If you have the cake.. then next meal, jump right back on..

Oh and isn't lemon icebox pie the bomb??? There is a restaurant in S. Carolina that we go to when we are that way.. It is so good.. Since I started the plan I've eaten at the restaurant, but sadley no ice box pie..

You've done great so far..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/249.5/175

Height: 5'8"

Thank you guys so much for the support. I always feel that when i take a step forward i take 2 steps back, but its nice to know that I am not alone. This is the best site that I have ever come across because you find so many people that truly care about the lives and well being of others. I think I might have to invest in the fat and carb blocker for future use.
SenoritaSkinniMinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

SkinniMinnie
You will do great.....forgive yourself and start today with OP options. That is the best thing about this....you can just start back in. Remember to write down what you eat and it will help a lot. There are times I really want an Oreo but there is no way I want to write it down for them to read.
sending *****WILL POWER****** your way
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsmomma View Post
haven't done more than take a big sniff of the "bad" foods!
LOL! That's exactly how I enjoy the "bad" foods! Just a sniff and I've moved on!
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
There are times I really want an Oreo but there is no way I want to write it down for them to read.
Jewlie - I'm the same way - that is my motivation....not wanting anyone to read my weakness!!
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #9  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

skinniminni - don't get down on yourself...we all have days or weeks like this. and that is okay...as long as you get back on track. i agree with meezo....take it a meal at a time. if you fall OP....get right back on your next meal. i have just started working out this week, and i have found it has helped me from falling OP now matter how badly i want to...because i think...i just worked off all those calories...is it really worth it to eat something "bad"?? my hard work would be pointless.

you are doing great!! just keep at it....and come back to the forum for support if you are having a bad day everybody on here is very supportive and understanding....after all, we are all fighting the same battle!!

have a great week!

Last edited by kimmermarie19; 03-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6''

Safe to say we all feel ya on this one. Anyone who is purposefully not eating something is bound to fall off and eat it. It's been a rough couple weeks for me. I feel like I need spring to get here and inspire me to want to pull myself together and get my booty in gear. You'll shake out of it. Get back on a roll and lose a few pounds and it'll encourage you to keep it up
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Just want to echo the above comments. Been there done that.....I'm finding myself trying to concentrate on my "triggers" and for me it seems to be fatigue and emotional stress.....not that I'll ever get rid of that in life but the more that is "in sync" the easier things seem to be. Focusing on rest in particular seems to balance things out.....at least until the next slip up....but that's life!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I think if I could just shut my brain down for a while I could get the last of my weight off and move on.. My mind keeps saying. it is only one piece of cake or so what you can excercise a little longer and burn it off. Junk like that.. At this point I see nothing wrong with being a Stepford Wife or in our case a Stepford Dieter.. LOL.. just do the plan lose the weight move on.. oh if it only worked that way...

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

One of my favorite quotes when it comes to weight loss is "You dont drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there". We are human, we are bound to fall off the wagon occasionally, but thats not the part to focus on. Focus on the part where you get back up, dust yourself off, and carry on. You know you CAN do it, because you have already lost 11lbs!
RynKay is offline   Reply With Quote