Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #1  
lindscounty

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Antidepressants

Hello - I am new to MRC and just had a quick question on antidepressants - does anyone take them while being on MRC and have you had the same results as if not taking them?

Thanks for any info!
lindscounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindscounty View Post
Hello - I am new to MRC and just had a quick question on antidepressants - does anyone take them while being on MRC and have you had the same results as if not taking them?

Thanks for any info!
Welcome to the board. I take Lexapro for anxiety disorder and I have had good results on the program. So far I am at 26 pounds down and 37 inches since November 2009. The last 2 weeks I have been off program due to some complications from a dental surgery - and even with all the pain pills, antibiotics and steroids - I have not gained since my last weigh-in.

I have noticed that I felt a lot better once I started drinking all my water, eating on program and exercising. My doctor and I are talking about discontinuing the Lexapro once I hit my weight loss goal.

Good Luck to you!
MrsBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBenson View Post
Welcome to the board. I take Lexapro for anxiety disorder and I have had good results on the program. So far I am at 26 pounds down and 37 inches since November 2009. The last 2 weeks I have been off program due to some complications from a dental surgery - and even with all the pain pills, antibiotics and steroids - I have not gained since my last weigh-in.

I have noticed that I felt a lot better once I started drinking all my water, eating on program and exercising. My doctor and I are talking about discontinuing the Lexapro once I hit my weight loss goal.

Good Luck to you!
Wow! Good for you!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Wow! Good for you!
Thank you for the encouraging words! I love this board for that reason. I know some people here that have done the program on and off, but I don't get the same kind of support that I get from you guys here on the board - I love being able to learn new things from so many different people!

Looks like you are having good success on your journey as well!
MrsBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #5  

I have found that I have to be very careful about all the extra supplements they try and force on you (I hope your center is better)
I have had some very bad reactions to anything that can be considered a "thermogenic" and whatever is in the meal replacement shakes sent me into a very bad downward spiral.

Just make sure you ask your doctor about the program and any of the unneccessary supplements they try to have you take.
Audrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #6  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I also take Lexapro and have had no ill effects. I have lost 24 lbs in not quite 6 weeks, and like the PP stated, I have been feeling really pretty good.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #7  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

hello! welcome! i am on my last day of pre-conditioning. i go to my class today to get my meal plan. so, i haven't officially started the plan yet. i am on cymbalta, and i have notice just eating better and drinking more water than i normally do that i feel so much better. i sleep better at night, and i don't have a hard time getting up in the morning anymore. i am not tired during the day...and my mood is way better. cymbalta has done wonders for me...but the last week...i have been doing way better than i have in a long time. so it is probably a combination of the two. my doctor has told me that excerise and healthy eating is one of the best natural cures for depression, so i am too hoping to get off of my anti depressant when i am done with my program in july...fingers crossed

i think you will do great!! i too LOVE this website and all the support i get!!! it makes you feel like you are accomplishing something good and there are others out there that actually understand the rollercoaster that gaining weight can put you on.

good luck!!!!! i hope the best for you!

Last edited by kimmermarie19; 02-12-2010 at 11:00 AM.
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I was taking Wellbutrin and Prozac, and I gained a lot of weight while taking these. I quit taking them a few months before I started plan due to financial restrictions and wasn't doing well.

I was starting to consider getting some help and decided to start plan around the same time. And I feel amazing. Its awesome what changing my eating habits have done for how I feel and my general energy level.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote