Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #1  
Love Myself

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 65"

Talking Help with Meal Plans

Hello all

I know there are recipe ideas etc for meals while on the Meta Slim however my question is: Does anyone have any recipes or quick meals to prepare or have for a busy mother of 3 working full time ? I'm so sick of salad ;( I love Chicken and eggs etc but as creative as I am I cannot think of easy yummy stuff to prepare in advance ;( any help would be awesome - also any new friends that I can make for support motivation etc would be so awesome thanks - I have been on Meta Slim since 12/28/2009 and down 7lbs
Bianca Gutierrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca Gutierrez View Post
Hello all

I know there are recipe ideas etc for meals while on the Meta Slim however my question is: Does anyone have any recipes or quick meals to prepare or have for a busy mother of 3 working full time ? I'm so sick of salad ;( I love Chicken and eggs etc but as creative as I am I cannot think of easy yummy stuff to prepare in advance ;( any help would be awesome - also any new friends that I can make for support motivation etc would be so awesome thanks - I have been on Meta Slim since 12/28/2009 and down 7lbs
I would love to hear any easy and yummy recipes as well. I am not very creative and don't like to "think" too much about it. I am realizing that I am thinking too much and making it too hard which makes it hard for me to want to stay OP.
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca Gutierrez View Post
Hello all

I have been OP since 11/1/2009 and am now down 24 pounds. I also have kids and work full-time, so in the beginning I struggled to stay focused and eat on program. Prep work is the key for me. I chop, cut, weigh and store all my veggies on Saturday after the grocery store while my 3 year old naps. I write out meal plans every week for what I am going to make breakfast, lunch & dinner each day of the week. It sounds tedious, but it makes all the difference to me! Since I know what I am going to eat the next day, I often prepare or cook my meals for the following day at night after the kids are in bed.

My go-to recipes for quick and easy dinners are chicken stir-fry with veggies or melba-crusted chicken or fish(try different flavors of melba and different seasonings to change up the meat each time) I never seem to get tired of those two recipes. I also keep tuna in the pantry for quick wraps, and the frozen steamed vegetables are easy to pop in the microwave. I like eating cooked veggies way better than trying to cram in 8oz of raw! For days when things are super hectic, don't forget about the bars or shakes. There are times when our schedules are busy in the evenings, so I drink a shake so as not to be tempted by the fast food drive-thru!

I hope this helps. And I do think it gets easier as you go along. Keep up the good work and stay strong! If I can do this, anyone can!

Last edited by MrsBenson; 01-12-2010 at 02:21 PM.
MrsBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/162 as of Jan 8/130

Height: 5'8"

Several of the recipes in the cookbook are good (and make 4 servings) too. I've been trying them out with my own modifications and freezing 2 of 3 servings so that I can quickly pop them in the microwave when I don't have time to cook. I'm going to be trying the Turkey loaves this week. However, I'm thinking I'll leave it in one loaf and divide the end product evenly.

My favorite on the fly quick meal so far has been ground turkey or chicken sauteed with squash and spices.
Kimonse is offline   Reply With Quote