3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   JANUARY-2010 Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/189275-january-2010-thread.html)

cmb9697 01-11-2010 01:32 PM

Woo hoo.. just starting week 2 of Stabilization, down 2 pounds AND got to sign the 40# board this morning. Going out in the cold was worth it today! Happy OP week to everyone!!!

~Carla B.

GoodGirl 01-11-2010 02:19 PM

Congratulations!

JSTUCKLY 01-11-2010 02:55 PM

Great job CMB!!!!

keirasmommy 01-11-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmd27 (Post 3083578)
So glad to see you back --- and soooooooooo sorry for all of the struggles you had with your health! Happy you're on the mend. I've never been an "affirmation" person, but I liked that class too and look at those often.

Thanks for the welcome back Deb! Hope things are going well for you! I have another class coming up next week. I had a great first week back of -6 lost. Things are going well. First few days were awful but now I am feeling pretty good! :hug:

Hvnlymzic 01-11-2010 04:07 PM

ugh...Root Canal...I don't recommend them. The actual procedure was more uncomfortable than painful...the pain came after the numbness wore off. The bad part is that I have to go back in on Thursday for him to finish. So another root canal on the same tooth later this week...ugh.

My center manager called me to check on me and i told her that I planned on eating HNS soup and shakes, etc since I can't really chew much without wanting to cry. She said thats better than eating off plan or skipping a meal. So we'll see how this week works out.

Brendamo 01-11-2010 05:58 PM

Way to go Carla! That's terrific.

Fifties Lady 01-11-2010 07:10 PM

Does anyone remember the recipe for the Mayo that is made with cottage cheese? It doesn't use as much oil as the other one. I have been looking but don't remember who posted it last month.

FetchLizzie 01-11-2010 07:42 PM

Hi Everyone! Great job Goodgirl - I had a baby shower to attend on Saturday as well - so I know the temptations! Went to WI today. Yesterday was one full month OP for me - including preconditioning. I'm down 15.5 pounds!:woohoo:

This program is amazing! 2010 is gonna be great for us all!:cheer3:

cmb9697 01-11-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic (Post 3089125)
ugh...Root Canal...I don't recommend them.

Ugh is right... sorry you're not feeling well. :cry:
Hope you make it through without too much pain. Feel better!

Carla

dkmd27 01-12-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb9697 (Post 3088754)
Woo hoo.. just starting week 2 of Stabilization, down 2 pounds AND got to sign the 40# board this morning. Going out in the cold was worth it today! Happy OP week to everyone!!!

~Carla B.

Way to go Carla!!! That's awesome. :carrot:

Sam .... so sorry about the root canal, hope it heals quickly~ :hug:

And for all who overcame temptations --- GREAT WORK!!! :D

GoodGirl 01-12-2010 09:38 AM

Ahhhhhhh.... the weight loss is picking up again after a couple of slow days!
How long did it take for your initial quick weight loss to slow down?

leahruthie 01-12-2010 10:01 AM

hi all! just checking in... i re-signed on my birthday (january 2) and have been slow-n-steady ever since. i'm down about 4 pounds now, which is great, and look forward to a downward trend! i've noticed that this time around i'm a lot more easygoing about the whole thing. in my first couple of months i was so obsessive and crazy, but now i'm just going with the flow and trying not to think constantly about what i'm going to have for my next meal. my life shouldn't be all about meals, right?!

anyway, other than that news, i'm also going in for surgery on thursday to have the compartments in my right leg's calf muscles released (look up "fasciotomy" and "chronic exertional compartment syndrome" if you're curious), so that's going to be nuts! i hope i can keep it together when i'm off my feet for a while.

Hvnlymzic 01-12-2010 12:08 PM

Thanks for the well-wishes...unfortunately i'm going back in tomorrow for him to finish up...something abotu weird roots and needing more time..yay. I'm surviving though, very little pain, but chewing hurts still.

Leah - hope your surgery goes well.

The little guy brought a stomach bug home, so we may all be losing weight the bad way here soon. I'm hoping that it passes over me (usually does). Fingers crossed.

dkmd27 01-12-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGirl (Post 3090496)
Ahhhhhhh.... the weight loss is picking up again after a couple of slow days!
How long did it take for your initial quick weight loss to slow down?

My first plateau was at day 11!!! (Of course, I lost 11 pounds in the first 11 days) .... you just have to know that your body needs to "catch up" every now and then, and not get discouraged! Just keep hanging in there, persistence pays off!:)

JSTUCKLY 01-12-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmd27 (Post 3090879)
My first plateau was at day 11!!! (Of course, I lost 11 pounds in the first 11 days) .... you just have to know that your body needs to "catch up" every now and then, and not get discouraged! Just keep hanging in there, persistence pays off!:)

UR so right it does pay off! sometimes in a big way, when I had mine I went 2 weeks with out any loss then that 3rd week I was down 10 pounds, Some say to up ur water and that will help.