Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #1  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Default Looking for Exercise Video Suggestions

I am looking for some exercise video suggestions. I have been doing the treadmill and have WI-Fit but am looking for some additional routines.

Thanks in advance!

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

30 day shred by jillian michaels! she's got some pretty ab toning ones too. i alwayz do my abs while watching tv. specially watching biggest loser! (imagine taking in 1200 calories n expending 6000! whoa! so much 4 motivation!) btw rip u look great in that pic! been wanting 2 tell u 4 a while now!go girl!
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Jillian Michaels - 30 day Shred
Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones
Jillian Michaels - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Leslie Sansone also has some good workout dvds as well. Not as intense as Jillian so if you are looking for something a little less high impact then Leslie is a good way to go
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I love Turbo Kickboxing if your into martial arts stuff. Go to beachbody dot com for a bunch of great videos.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #5  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

All,
Thanks for the recommendations. I will be heading out tomorrow to pick some up.

MountainGal,
Thanks for the kudo's. I look at the pics and just stare. The journey is so awesome.

Onederchic,
Oh my goodness, the pics. I plan on ready about your journey as soon as I post this. You look fantastic. Going through the pics was like seeing you just shrink away. I am so interested in the fact that you stopped smoking during this. I am trying to quit while on MRC and it is oh so hard. I am hoping you have that in your journal to.
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
All,
Thanks for the recommendations. I will be heading out tomorrow to pick some up.

MountainGal,
Thanks for the kudo's. I look at the pics and just stare. The journey is so awesome.

Onederchic,
Oh my goodness, the pics. I plan on ready about your journey as soon as I post this. You look fantastic. Going through the pics was like seeing you just shrink away. I am so interested in the fact that you stopped smoking during this. I am trying to quit while on MRC and it is oh so hard. I am hoping you have that in your journal to.

Thank you very much.

I have to first say that I am not on MRC but I wanted to chip in my two cents on workout dvds .

About the quitting smoking, I am gonna link you to a post that I responded to someone who asked me about how I quit

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2885060-post21.html

Old 10-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I know you said DVDs but have you tried EA active for the Wii Fit? It is GREAT and never gets boring.

I also like Windsor Pilates and Tae Bo DVDs. I have many of Jillians (love them)
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #8  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Thank you very much.

I have to first say that I am not on MRC but I wanted to chip in my two cents on workout dvds .

About the quitting smoking, I am gonna link you to a post that I responded to someone who asked me about how I quit

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2885060-post21.html

I read your post you had linked. I am not a smoker but had heard about several people who had great success with quitting after reading this book. My BF was a heavy smoker and had tried to quit several times. I picked up the book and gave it to him and made sure he knew I was only trying to support him in trying to quit. He read the book and said that somehow it got in his head and he has never wanted one since. It has been a year for him. He is a chef and most everyone he works with is a smoker. Congrats on our journey to a healthier life. You look great!
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

I like the "Slim in 6" program by Debbie Siebers. You're supposed to do it 6 days/week for 6 weeks, but I'm doing it 3 times/week for 12 weeks. There's 3videos, which increase in intensity. It's pretty complete, in my opinion-- complete cardio, resistance training, abdominal, and stretch/yoga. I like the convenience of being able to pop it in and getting done in less than an hour, and then on about my day. I plan to start doing "interval training" on my treadmill 2-3 times/week as well, because I've read that's a very effective way to burn calories! I also bought "The FIRM" program years ago, and will give it another try (maybe after I finish this program), but I remember that it seemed too intense for me! The newer version of this program, called "The Wave" looked interesting, I may order that one in the future! I also want to start attending classes at my local recreation center, just to "mix it up"! 'Hope this helps!-- JJ
jjackson106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
I read your post you had linked. I am not a smoker but had heard about several people who had great success with quitting after reading this book. My BF was a heavy smoker and had tried to quit several times. I picked up the book and gave it to him and made sure he knew I was only trying to support him in trying to quit. He read the book and said that somehow it got in his head and he has never wanted one since. It has been a year for him. He is a chef and most everyone he works with is a smoker. Congrats on our journey to a healthier life. You look great!

Thank you sooo much and big congrats to your bf as well