Old 09-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Losing my partner... :(

Friends, I am bummed. I joined MRC with a co-worker/friend because we both felt that having each other would push us to behave and stay OP. Well, today she tells me that she's not going back for any more WI's and is going to stop the plan. She admitted that she's been cheating all along and doesn't want to do it any more. She really wanted to do this, and has appeared to me, to be eating OP. She says she's disappointed in how things are working... we're only on day 41... not sure how much she expected to lose in that amount of time while cheating, but duh....

So I managed to convince her to go back to WI tomorrow with me but her decision is that if there is no loss tomorrow then she's done.

I know I'm not alone, I have all of you to talk about MRC with, but it was helping to have a diet buddy in the office. I never thought I would feel bad about losing weight, as I think that part of her dissapointment is watching my weight moving more than hers is right now. I've been her cheerleader all along... don't know what else to say or do to motivate her right now...
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Friends, I am bummed. I joined MRC with a co-worker/friend because we both felt that having each other would push us to behave and stay OP. Well, today she tells me that she's not going back for any more WI's and is going to stop the plan. She admitted that she's been cheating all along and doesn't want to do it any more. She really wanted to do this, and has appeared to me, to be eating OP. She says she's disappointed in how things are working... we're only on day 41... not sure how much she expected to lose in that amount of time while cheating, but duh....

So I managed to convince her to go back to WI tomorrow with me but her decision is that if there is no loss tomorrow then she's done.

I know I'm not alone, I have all of you to talk about MRC with, but it was helping to have a diet buddy in the office. I never thought I would feel bad about losing weight, as I think that part of her dissapointment is watching my weight moving more than hers is right now. I've been her cheerleader all along... don't know what else to say or do to motivate her right now...
Don't let her attitude or her lack of "desire" to stay OP get you down. We are all accountable for our actions and unfortunately she just wasn't really ready to lose the weight. Even if she was staying OP 100% and not losing the weight as quickly as you, you shouldn't let that discourage you or make you feel guilty about sharing your success. I know for me the weight loss seems to going so much slower than everyone else's and it can be sooooo discouraging but I have to remember it's just my body and it's pace. Just tell your friend that you will support her if she sticks with it, no matter how tough. That you will not make her feel bad for "taking a break" but that you expect her to support you 100% in your decision to continue and hopefully one day she'll be back OP when she sees how well you've done.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Oh, it does sound sad to lose your partner. But it doesn't change the fact that you want to continue. And you're doing this for YOU, not for her. You can do it!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I fully agree. As we all lose differently, we all reach the point of what we want to do differently. Her time will come or not. Now is your time. I agree also that you should talk with her about expecting her to support you as you have supported her. This will prevent your weight loss and success from putting a wedge between you. Hard enough to deal with in a friend but when you have to work with her, it would be worse.
Mean time, you have a whole lot of diet buddies here online!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I know it's rough to lose your partner in this weight loss journey, but you have to remember why you began in the first place. I'm guessing it was for you; to make you feel better about yourself. If she's cheated all this time, then she shouldn't be discouraged by her lack of loss! For the plan to work, you have to WORK the plan!!!! Keep strong and keep keepin' on!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote