3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   200 plus / 50 lbs or more part two carry on (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/177242-200-plus-50-lbs-more-part-two-carry.html)

msim 08-05-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristalin180 (Post 2860780)
Since Little Edie asked and I am going all girly and the wedding is the only thing I seem to be able to think about here are some pictures of the dress the shoes and the flowers. :) Although keep in mind the dress will be the same color as the shoes.... ivory.

Absolutely beautiful! I would be wedding minded too. What are you doing with your hair? Love the bouquet!

noahsmama 08-05-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristalin180 (Post 2860780)
Since Little Edie asked and I am going all girly and the wedding is the only thing I seem to be able to think about here are some pictures of the dress the shoes and the flowers. :) Although keep in mind the dress will be the same color as the shoes.... ivory.

Very cute and I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it. You'll certainly have to post a pic of you in it, you know that right?! :)

Kristalin180 08-05-2009 03:26 PM

Up for a vote - please help me out

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the wedding stuff. I appreciate it.

Still so far from my goal but I have to try and look at positives... I ordered a size 18 wedding dress instead of a 28 which is what I would have had to order back in April when I started this whole thing. (I will be re-enrolling at my own cost in Sept till Dec to see if I can get to goal.)

MSIM asked a great question what to do with my hair.

Part of the contest I won I get a bunch of salon services for the wedding. I have my first appointment on the 29th for a cut and color, then they will do my hair the day of the wedding plus my makeup. I haven't cut or colored my hair in 6 months and have no clue what to do with it.

I have attached a pic of me from this weekend after playing MUDD Volleyball for the March of Dimes all day (hence why I am red.) Any color suggestions would be appreciated.

Since my dress is kind of 50's-ish I was going to try and go for something on that theme. I have attached two pics of the hair styles I was thinking of. Please feel free to vote or tell me I am out of my mind.

I would appreciate the feed back as I don't have a MOH to bounce ideas off of... you all can be my OL bridal party:)

TOBF 08-05-2009 07:28 PM

Hi everyone I joined MRC on May 5th and have been lurking on this forum for the entire three months and have finally decided to join in. I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences as it has really helped me along when I have had struggles.

Karen1234 08-05-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristalin180 (Post 2861274)

Still so far from my goal but I have to try and look at positives... I ordered a size 18 wedding dress instead of a 28 which is what I would have had to order back in April when I started this whole thing. (I will be re-enrolling at my own cost in Sept till Dec to see if I can get to goal.)

Part of the contest I won I get a bunch of salon services for the wedding. I have my first appointment on the 29th for a cut and color, then they will do my hair the day of the wedding plus my makeup. I haven't cut or colored my hair in 6 months and have no clue what to do with it.

I have attached a pic of me from this weekend after playing MUDD Volleyball for the March of Dimes all day (hence why I am red.) Any color suggestions would be appreciated.

Since my dress is kind of 50's-ish I was going to try and go for something on that theme. I have attached two pics of the hair styles I was thinking of. Please feel free to vote or tell me I am out of my mind.

I would appreciate the feed back as I don't have a MOH to bounce ideas off of... you all can be my OL bridal party:)

You're doing great Kristalin, keep up the good work and you'll be at goal in no time. I loved your pic, looks like you had fun! So, the hair... I love both do's, I'm a gal that loves classic vintage looks so they are both beautiful to me, the 1st was very Elizabeth Taylor and lovely, the 2nd was almost 1920's-30's and I loved it the most. So, my vote #2 but either would certainly be great. What a nice gift to win BTW!!

Karen1234 08-05-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOBF (Post 2861664)
Hi everyone I joined MRC on May 5th and have been lurking on this forum for the entire three months and have finally decided to join in. I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences as it has really helped me along when I have had struggles.

Welcome TOBF!!

Lori123321 08-06-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristalin180 (Post 2861274)

I vote for the first hairstyle. It caught my eye right away. Love the dress. I love weddings. It is the marriage afterwards that scares me! :D
You are going to be such a beautiful bride!

Lori123321 08-06-2009 06:03 AM

Hi Joz, sorry to hear you fell off the wagon. Don't feel bad. Last night I jumped off! I posted it on the August thread. Had a goodbye dinner for my best friend as she was leaving and the menu was not MRC friendly. I could have just eaten several things and left the rest untouched but just didn't feel like it! I also had 2 glasses of wine. Worse, the night before that I drank an entire bottle of wine. Had never done that before! As for the ex bf, we will all stalk him and throw our water bottles at him. :hug:

I love my new job and the nurses have all been great. The hardest thing to remember is that I am permanent staff. After traveling for so long, it feels strange to think that I will not be at a new job in 3 months.

Guy friend is acting strange again, just when I need him to be a little more compassionate, he is pulling back. Spent the weekend with him two weeks ago and he was great. Now he isn't returning text messages. Invited me over the other night and barely spoke to me while I was there. Hardly touched me, usually gives me huge hugs and cuddles while we sleep. This time he barely hugged me goodby and slept on the couch. Men confuse me!:?:

Lori123321 08-06-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Welcome, glad you joined us!

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Welcome TOBF...many of us are newbies here....I did the same as you, I read and finally started to post...I mean why be an outsider? I just joined this week and am very excited for tomorrow to get my first menu.....and I have lots of questions to ask, so thanks to everyone who helped me prepare.

So glad you are here among friends!!!:hug:

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2862062)
Hi Joz, sorry to hear you fell off the wagon. Don't feel bad. Last night I jumped off! I posted it on the August thread. Had a goodbye dinner for my best friend as she was leaving and the menu was not MRC friendly. I could have just eaten several things and left the rest untouched but just didn't feel like it! I also had 2 glasses of wine. Worse, the night before that I drank an entire bottle of wine. Had never done that before! As for the ex bf, we will all stalk him and throw our water bottles at him. :hug:

I love my new job and the nurses have all been great. The hardest thing to remember is that I am permanent staff. After traveling for so long, it feels strange to think that I will not be at a new job in 3 months.

Guy friend is acting strange again, just when I need him to be a little more compassionate, he is pulling back. Spent the weekend with him two weeks ago and he was great. Now he isn't returning text messages. Invited me over the other night and barely spoke to me while I was there. Hardly touched me, usually gives me huge hugs and cuddles while we sleep. This time he barely hugged me goodby and slept on the couch. Men confuse me!:?:

Lori...what's up with your friend??? He needs his head examined...you are such a beautiful woman and he has no idea what he would be getting with you....just be patient....men are scared when it comes to getting serious...he will see the light. He had better hurry, because there are many more men out there and it just may be too late if he keeps dragging his feet. :hug:

msim 08-06-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip (Post 2859926)
MSIM,
I had the same problem. I don't know what happened. I pretty much stayed on plan but every pound last month was a struggle. Bythe way great pic. Isn't it nice to feel good about posting a pic.

Since we started with about the same weight and are the same height you (as well as everyone else) are a great inspiration.

I like watching your ticker, I know that will be me eventually!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvi...2/178/237/.png

Started MRC 5/9/09

rip--
At least you were able to stay on program, that is definitely a positive. I think in the beginning it was pretty easy to have a little something off plan and still have a good loss, but I can't afford that now. And I know you had phenomenal 5 pound losses in the beginning. Since I settled down and finally decided to make a commitment to this program for the long haul--I am seeing some results again. I know I am going to make my original 72 pound goal in the 24 week contract. I know I am going to make it to 'onederland' and my goal eventually, but I can and will no long say when because I don't know. I think I sort of set myself up a bit, put too much pressure needing the progress and not appreciating the process. But I will tell you this, I am only going to do this one time, so I am going to do it right! And no matter what the number shows on the scale, in September you are gonna be at the happiest place on earth!!! (unless there is a hurricane--sorry here in FL we have to think about them until December 1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joz (Post 2860103)
Well since the women who work nights are touching base, I have also been cheating like you would not believe. My boyfriend and I (of 4 years) split up last week and it has been like an out of control spiral. I have even been back to having a beer or two after work. Ok so that stops now!!!!

Sorry joz, can you work it out or do you just have to let it go?

Kristalin180 I think I would vote for style number 2!

wanting2b140 08-06-2009 10:07 AM

hey all! Just checking out other boards. I've got a long journey ahead but soooo ready for it! I am planning on losing 100 pounds (6 of which are already gone baby!!) so 94 lbs to go!

Hoping to stop by again sometime... :dust: to all!!!

Karen1234 08-06-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanting2b140 (Post 2862301)
hey all! Just checking out other boards. I've got a long journey ahead but soooo ready for it! I am planning on losing 100 pounds (6 of which are already gone baby!!) so 94 lbs to go!

Hoping to stop by again sometime... :dust: to all!!!

Welcome wanting2b140 and thanks for the dust!
Lots of great people and info to be found here... are you following MRC plan?

joz 08-07-2009 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2862062)

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Sorry your guy friend is being wierd. BOYS!!!!

Glad the job is going well, I travel a lot so I know how you feel. There are times home feels strange or I wake up in my own bed and wonder which hotel I am in! :)