Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #1  
statesborogirl

S/C/G: 222/214.8/145

Height: 5

Default I Need Some Encouragement

My weigh in was yesterday and I lost 1/2 pound. I was so upset. I had done everything right this week...drank my water, ate the right foods.....I even EXERCISED!!! The only thing I did wrong was not drink enough protien drinks and she said that was why my loss was so small. I still don't understand why that caused me not to lose that much.

statesboro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/174/138

Height: 5'2"

It's not always about a number. Just keep doing what you are doing... You will get where you want to be. It all takes time. We all get so focused (myself included) on that scale, put it away and stay positive. It's not about being that magic number, it's about being healthy and feeling good about yourself. Keep up the GREAT work!
rgourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Don't get discouraged! The same thing happened to me at my last WI except the scale didn't change AT ALL!!!! I think a half of pound would have made me just a tiny bit happier.

YOU CAN DO IT! Don't get discouraged. It took you longer than a couple of weeks to put the weight on ... it's going to take time to get it off.
Juniemoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #4  
Fujoshi

S/C/G: 169/161/110

Height: 5'3"

Dunno if this will make you feel any better, but I have this half a pound that has been yo-yo-ing on and off for about the past month now. It comes off, it comes back, it comes off, it comes back, it comes off again...

Hang in there. You're doing what you need to do and sticking to it, so I'm positive you'll see the results you want.
GaelicVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm not sure if it helps to know you're not alone. I haven't lost anything in the last week, not really. And my only cheat was a Chipotle salad that had guacamole on it. Otherwise it was just lettuce, salsa, black beans and chicken...and I took the fat and carb blocker before I ate.

When I went this past Tuesday I showed a 1 pound loss, but it was just water. I had just worked out and then didn't drink before weighing in. I didn't realize how that would throw off the ketone test...it was all the way to the right, 20+ or whatever the darkest color was. I think it was because I was dehydrated, but the lady at MRC wasn't real happy about it. She told me to go to 5 HNS just for a couple of days until I can retest tomorrow. Yesterday I felt bad and really tired. Today my scale shows I would weigh in at least +1, maybe +2 pounds at MRC. Ugh...it is so frustrating. And then I tell myself that maybe if I had 'obsessed' about every pound on the way up the scale I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in today!!

Oh well, now I'm just reading other posts about getting through plateaus and hoping this one passes quickly. It's hard when you know how much not OP food you've passed up and shown great willpower against, and excercised, and still no loss!

Hang in there! And I will, too!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by statesboro2009 View Post
My weigh in was yesterday and I lost 1/2 pound. I was so upset. I had done everything right this week...drank my water, ate the right foods.....I even EXERCISED!!! The only thing I did wrong was not drink enough protien drinks and she said that was why my loss was so small. I still don't understand why that caused me not to lose that much.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it is totally normal to only lose 1/2 lb. here or there. There are a number of things that could cause it. If you just started exercising, you're muscles could be holding water. A lot of people hit a plateau when they are around 10 lbs or 10 days on program. You're body is just fighting against the weight loss. Not sure about the HNS being the problem. Sometimes I think the counselors just want to give you a reason to help you feel better although I have heard from others on 3FC that they did lose more when they drank more HNS. I haven't noticed a difference with my body but everyone is different. Stay strong and stay on program and you will see a drop! You're doing awesome!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #7  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Default Time of Day?

Can I ask if there was a different time of day that you weighed in? I know when I first started MRC I was weighing in on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. On Wednesday evenings I was barely losing if anything at all and on Saturday mornings I would see a couple pounds loss. I actually started only weighing in on Saturdays because I would become so disheartened on my Wednesday weigh ins. Just a thought I thought I would throw at ya!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Can I ask if there was a different time of day that you weighed in? I know when I first started MRC I was weighing in on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. On Wednesday evenings I was barely losing if anything at all and on Saturday mornings I would see a couple pounds loss. I actually started only weighing in on Saturdays because I would become so disheartened on my Wednesday weigh ins. Just a thought I thought I would throw at ya!
I'm on the exact same schedule as you. I go in Wednesday evenings after work and I never showed a loss. I would also go in on Saturday mornings and I'd always show a loss there. I just told myself that Wednesdays don't count.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #9  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default don't be discouraged

Statesboro girl, it looks like you and I both started in April at almost the same weight. I too had a discourageing WI one week and hadn't been using all 5 HNS. I left upset with myself and didn't get over it until the next day. I decided that I would try it and see if it made a difference for my body and it did. I also started really watching my timing of eating and the HNS drinks as snacks. It really made a difference for me. Don't let this WI discourage you in any way.

As others have said, the scale doesn't always move even though we could be losing inches. I haven't quite hit 20lbs yet, but I am pulling clothes from my closet to wear that I wouldn't have even worn around the house 6 weeks ago, because of the extra rolls. There are so many things that could have had an impact on that WI. I have to say I am a slave to my scale at home as I weigh myself every morning. I don't seem to be able to get to the center at the exact times twice a week. I use my scale at home just as a little bit of monitor because if you drink a bottle of water before weighing in, you basically just added a pound. I had my WI on Tuesday this week and was the same as my previous one at the end of last week, but it was at a different time of the day. I know the difference at home, so it didn't really bum me out.

Hang in there and you will get there. Please keep us posted. We can do this and we can make it over our rough moments.

T.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi, half a pound is still weight going the right way. It will happen. Next weigh in may be that much better. I find that being female can have draw backs. Hormones can be savage. Don't let it beat you. You have made great progress.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

"Hormone can be savage."

Girl, you said a mouthful.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote