3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   these things help lose faster/easier... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/172364-these-things-help-lose-faster-easier.html)

Fifties Lady 06-23-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelish (Post 2797401)
Here are some of my favorite tips from my first time around...

1. loved the concentrates, esp. mixed fruit and green tea. I didn't try the concentrates at first and quickly grew to hate the supplements, found the concentrates problem solved.

2. I second the suggestion of freezing the concentrates. Its kind of like taffy when you eat it!!!

3. For my variety of important. I tended to stall when I got to stuck on my menu. (My guess is I got to confident and didn't measure as much because I "knew" with those foods). When I would stall I always tried to mix it up a little. Ask you consultant for new food ideas...some of the consultants are great at this!

4. I can tell you what was the big this that contributed to me gaining my weight back...soda, I am a diet soda fiend and convinved myself that its calorie free so it doesn't matter. However, I am sensitive to the sodium and caffeine is an appetite stimulant for me. I know now that I can't go back that road.

5. The only pills I took the first time were flax, multi, B6. I took MRC6 for about a month but that was it. Do what you are confortable with in terms of pills. Just say no if you don't want it!!!!

6. Love yourself and deal with why you eat! This was my problem the first time. My grandmother passed away the end of Sept. At the time I was about 10 pounds from my goal and felt great. But, I can tell you how I dealt with the grief...I ate! I told my cousin this weekend that if you want to see how I dealt with grandma's death you should just look at my hips :). It took me several months to realize that I was dealing with my stress and grief by eating. Lesson is learned, an this is an issue I plan to work on this time as I lose the weight!

Thelish, thank you for all your helpful hints. This is so very helpful. After talking with Jeannie yesterday, I have decided to wait till my summer vacations are done with....it is so very hard to diet during that time since I am enjoying myself and being around family and going out for dinner and all....I will continue on the SB plan for now, since I'm doing ok. Once I join, I want to take advantage of all the classes and the twice a week WI's.

I do know exactly what you are talking about eating while your time of grief....that can really take a toll on you...I have been in that haze now for almost 4 years, and I know now it's time to change and move forward....even though it is still very hard. Even with the food I was eating, I found no comfort!

Once I join, I hope we run into one another at the Lincoln center. I have only met with Jeannie so she is the only one I know right now, so I think I want to stick with her when I join, she seems very nice. And I think, if I heard her correctly, that I will sign with the 17 weeks and then sign for 17 or 24 weeks after that....it's quite a cost savings. Jeannie did say that I can still lose without taking all the pills the center has to offer....so most of everything but the HNS's I can buy over the counter. I am glad now that I waited to join, because I have learned so much from everyone that posts here....it has truly helped, and motivated me! :carrot:

KathleenY 06-24-2009 06:27 PM

Great Thread

I am really enjoying this thread, seems to mirror my own progress in these issues. Last time I was at MRC they didn't have the concentrates and I resisted using the HNS except for the jello, which seemed like a treat. I LOVE the concentrates, especially frozen, and have been known to drive with one hanging from my mouth like a pacifier, ha ha! I like to sip them slow, frozen or not. I want to hear more from those of you who said the HSN's helped you lose faster, why do you think that was, since they do add calories?
I think the most helpful thing is to go to the classes. We have an exceptional counselor here who does a lot of them. Sharon.
Kathleen in Lakewood, CO (anyone else?)

SkinnyWallet 06-30-2009 01:40 PM

KathleenY

In last Thursday evenings' class, I said I would give you my MRC water bottle. I left it with Sharon for you. It is a dubious gift, as it smells highly of plastic, and I couldn't get it past my nose. It has been thru the dishwasher twice, although I never used it. I was trying to get rid of the smell first. It occured to me after I left it with Sharon, that I should have tried baking soda or vinegar, but I will leave that to you.

I see many people using them, so there has to be a way to get rid of the smell. This is a national forum, so maybe others have an idea how to abolish the plastic-y stink.

Anyway, I won it in the last balloon pop contest, so maybe they were trying to get rid of old stock. There is another balloon pop contest going on over the 4th of July weekend. Weigh in on the Monday immediately following and if you have lost, you get to pop a balloon for a prize. Maybe you can win a less stinky one!

MRChopeful 06-30-2009 01:58 PM

I just started at the Lakewood center, but from what I was told yesterday it seems like the Center does a lot of little contests for the clients in order to keep things interesting. Sounds like fun.

Biloxibound 08-25-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltdermdvm (Post 2755265)
Morning everyone,

I am on day 7 today. I take the ADWL and have really noticed that I am sleeping soooooo much better. For years I have been a light sleeper and often up at 3 in the morning with mind race. I've slept better in the last 7 days than in a long time!

Lori

Me too Lori i love the ADW i have incredible insomnia and the first night i took these my whole body felt like jello and i was so relaxed and slept so well! since they are expensive LOL i am rationing them! for when i really need them next month! (moving stresses me a lot makes me sleep even less)