Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Default Lunch/Dinner Recipes

Please post your favorite Lunch/Dinner Recipes here!
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #2  

Cheeseburger Soup

16oz. ground lean turkey breast
6 oz. green onions - chopped
10oz. celery - chopped
1 1/3 tsp. dried basil
1 1/3 tsp. dried parsley
4 cups hot water
4 envelopes MRC Cream of Chicken and Veggies Supplement
6 oz. Cheddar Cheese - cubed

In a stock pot, combine water with the Cream of Chicken Supplement. Bring to a boil and add veggies. Let simmer until celery is cooked. While that is cooking, brown the turkey and add to stock pot. Stir in basil and parsley (I didn't add either of these because I didn't have them). Bring to a boil, simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese. Heat through until melted but don't bring it to a boil.

Servings: 4
Meal: Lunch
Beginning: Day 11
Replaces: 6oz. Protein, 1 creamy supplement, 2oz. cooked veggies
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #3  

Turkey Lasagna (you could also use ground bison)

1 lb. ground turkey or bison
1 egg, beaten
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped green onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 pkgs. cream of tomato supplement
1 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. anise seed
1/2 tsp. fennel
4 medium zucchini, cut in lengthwise strips
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
8 oz. tomatoes, diced

In a large skillet, brown meat with onion and garlic until tender. Stir in prepared supplements (dissolved in 2 cups of water); oregano, anise, fennel, tomatoes and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring often.

Slice zucchini. Mix together remaining ingredients, except tomatoes, and reserving 1/2 cup cottage cheese for garnish.

In a 13"x9" baking dish, layer 1/2 of zucchini, 1/2 of cheese mixture. And 1/2 meat sauce, repeat layer and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, granish with remaining cottage cheese and tomatoes and serve. May be frozen.

Servings: 10
Beginning: Meta Slim Day 11 Meal: Lunch or Dinner
Meta Slim Plus Day 1 Meal: Lunch or Dinner
Two Meal Plan Day 1 Meal: Breakfast
Replaces: 4oz. protein*, 4 oz. vegetables
*Meta Slim Plus menu requires higher protein, adjust accordingly.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #4  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spicy Tuna Burgers

Serves 2
This easy tuna burger has a very spicy flavor with a zing of lemon. It came out perfect the first try.

Ingredients:

1 can solid white albacore tuna, drained
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper Mrs. Dash seasoning
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

Directions: Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Form two patties and cook on a pre-heated non-stick pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until tuna patties are slightly browned. Served on beds of lettuce (low carb) and/or on slices of 40cal bread

Try a dab of Dijonaise for a little extra flavor.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #5  

Also, for a lunch, you can make apple chips. These are so simple and CRUNCH.
Slice an apple (uncored) into 1/8 in slices thru the core.
Remove seeds. I use a mandelin cutter for this, but you can do it by hand. Try to make the slices uniform.
Put a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and sprinkle one pack of splenda (or the like) on the paper.
Set the apple slices on the paper. Do not overlap or they will bake together. Put in the oven at 225 F for about 1.5 hour.
Remove immediately from the cookie sheet and put on a cooling rack.

They will be crunchy like potatos. Feel free to sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon or curry powder before baking. They are very good and easy to be in a salad or beside a romaine wrap for lunch.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #6  

MEXICAN PIZZA (makes two pizzas:-)

2-50 calorie flour tortillas
10 oz ground turkey
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 tomato supplement dissolved in about 1 cup of water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp Walden Farms ketchup
ICBINB spray butter

Spray Tops and bottoms of tortillas with ICBINB, place on baking sheet and bake a 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes, just until crisp. Meanwhile, brown ground turkey in sauce pan, adding spices and tomato supplement when meat is mostly browned. Let simmer until juice is mostly absorbed (don't want it to be too juicy- it will run off tortilla onto pan). Divide up mixture between tortillas. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 oz of cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and and mixture is hot. Hubby likes to top his with salsa. You could make a homemade salsa recipe and put it on the pizza if you wished.

It replaces 6 oz of protein and starch/bread. You could reduce meat and cheese for 4 oz portion. If you add salsa it could count as your veggie, too.

Stuffed Green Peppers – from emetabolic.com
1 lb. ground round or turkey
½ cup chopped green onions
½ tsp. each: garlic powder; pepper
2 small green peppers
1 pkg. cream of tomato supplement
1 cup water
½ cupbean sprouts, optional

Combine meat, 1 tbsp. green onions, garlic powder and pepper. Saute in skillet. Drain. Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and fill with meat mixture. Place in skillet, mix supplement with water, add remaining green onions and pour over peppers. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.

Servings: 4

Beginning: Meta Slim Day 11 Meal: Lunch or Dinner
MetaSlim Plus Day 1 Meal: Lunch or Dinner

Replaces: 4 oz. protein*, 4 oz. cooked vegetables*MetaSlim menu requires higher protein, adjust accordingly.

Ranch Dip/Dressing – from board
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Powder
12oz. low-fat cottage cheese
Blender or food processor
This dip can be used in replacement for some of the protein in your meal plan. For example, one ounce of dip subtracts one ounce of protein off of the meal, so eat 5oz of chicken and 1oz of dip with your veggies. *this is also very good with french onion soup mix or any other dip mix*

Texas Chilli – from emetabolic.com
4 oz. lean ground turkey
¼ cup each: green peppers, green onion, mushrooms
1 pkg. tomato supplement dissolved in 6 oz. water
1 pkg. artificial sweetenerTo taste: chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder
¼ cup diced tomatoes **

In a coated skillet, brown meat and drain. Add peppers and onion and sauté. Add remaining ingredients, except tomatoes, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes just before serving.

Servings: 1

Beginning: MetaSlim Day 11 Meal: Lunch or Dinner

**Omit tomatoes and may be used on Meta Slim Day 5.
Replaces: 4 oz. protein*, 4 oz. cooked vegetables, 1 creamy supplement
MetaSlim menu requires higher protein, adjust accordingly.

Spring Medley – from emetabolic.com
½ cup sliced yellow squash
¼ cup chopped celery
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
1 pkg. chicken bouillon supplement, dry
¼ cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients in a small baking dish, sprinkle with chicken bouillon. Cover tightly and bake 20 minutes.

Beginning: MetaSlim Day 11 Meal: Lunch or Dinner
Replaces: 4 oz. cooked vegetables, 1 supplement

Cheezy Mushrooms – from emetabolic.com
2 oz. Swiss cheese, chredded (i've used parmesean too)
8 fresh whole mushrooms
1 pkg. chicken bouillon supplement, dry (I've also just used regular Mrs. Dash varieties for this)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean mushrooms and separate stems. Chop stems and mix with shredded cheese. Place mixture in caps and sprinkle with dry chicken bouillon and add a few drops of water. Spray lightly with Butter Flavor Pam and bake 5-10 minutes.

Beginning: MetaSlim Day 11 Meal: Lunch
MetaSlim Plus Day 1 Meal: Lunch
Two Meal Plan Meal: Breakfast

Replaces: 4 oz. cooked vegetables, 1 supplement, and 2 oz. protein
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #7  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 208/203/156

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Default Rice Substitute Asian Inspired Cabbage Rolls

Okay, I play around with recipes all the time. I absolutely love to cook and take an ordinary meal or recipe and make it extraordinary. I am Filipino so I have to have my asian cuisine one way or another. I love rice, but for obvious reasons cannot have it. So, for the last couple days I sat around contemplating what it was that my palate was truly craving and came up with this recipe.

***WARNING***Does use low-sodium soy sauce (call it cheating or what not). However if you look at your sodium intake on your creamy, you will realize, prespectively, it's really not that bad. Everything is good in moderation.

I PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE, if you are someone who loves the ingredients just by looking at them on this post. You assuredly will LOVE these. I made them for my whole family and they had no idea how healthy these are. Oh, and did I mention how yummy they were!

8-10 Cabbage Leaves (try not to make too many tears in them and remove the hard stem by cutting an upside down V...you want to save as much of that leaf as possible though)
---3 steamed leaves equal 1 oz.

1 lb. Ground Turkey; Crumbled and Browned
3 oz. Grated or Finely Chopped Cauliflower Florets (no stems)
4 medium Button Mushrooms; Finely Chopped
3 Whole Stalks of Green Onions; Thinly Sliced (top to bottom)
1 can Drained Bamboo Shoots; Finely Chopped
1/2 C. Bean Sprouts
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
1/2 t. Minced Ginger (3/4 t. Ginger Powder)
1/2 t. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
A generous pinch of sea salt
1 T. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce (Green Bottle)

***If you just want a straight VEGAN recipe...go without the Turkey; they are filling with or without, trust me!***

Get you steamer going to a good steam and put your cabbage leaves int he steamer for 5 minutes to where they are slightly translucent around the edges and seem flexible. Once you have steamed them for 5 minutes; pull them out and set them aside.

Combine all the above ingredients according to your proprtions. 4 oz. ground turkey with 3 oz. of vegetables (3 cabbage leaves are equal to 1 oz). I put the mixture back into the skillet that I used to brown the turkey on medium heat for an additional minute or two, watching it so that it will not burn, but just enough time so that the turkey absorbs the flavors.

Ration them out to fit your 3 cabbage leaves! And VOILA! You can top with a sprinkle of curry powder or add some chili garlic sauce to it to spice it up. Both are fantastic with it and enhances the flavor. Also, if you choose to emulsify the curry or spice a bit; after you roll them up you can pan sear them for 30 seconds on each side in the same skillet you were using, or stick them back int he steamer for a minute or two.

I made this and served it with 3 Sesame Melba Toast rounds and it was just delicious and VERY filling and leaves you with the mentality that you are sticking to your diet and eating healthy, but not going without pizzaz thats bursting with flavor.

If any of you try this out, make sure you let me know what you think! Any suggestions I would love that as well. I have a few other great recipes, but am running short on time. i will make sure I post them soon though!

Last edited by Marys Gonna Do It; 02-24-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Hit enter to create a space and it submitted!?! Weird
Marys Gonna Do It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #8  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Height: 5'5"

Cant wait to try these receipes.
ahobbs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Taco Salad

Made this tonight and loved it!

Taco salad:
Ground Turkey (5 oz frozen, 3-4 oz fresh)
Raw Green Peppers
Chili Powder
Cajun seasoning (salt free)
Sea Salt (dash)
1 oz hard cheese
1/2 flour tortilla cut into triangles
PAM cooking spray
salad with tomatoes
MRC ranch dressing

Start by browning ground turkey in a pan sprayed with PAM, season with pepper. Once cooked, weigh out 3 oz and sprinkled with Chili Powder and salt-free cajun seasoning (not too much) and a dash of sea salt. Add a little water (2-3 tbsp) and let simmer on stove a short while. While this stews spray another pan with PAM and add the green pepper slices and season gently, cook until soft. Next, cut up 1/2 a tortilla into little triangles, sprayed again with PAM and put in oven at 450 for 5 min +/-. Next, make a green salad romaine lettuce and fresh tomatoes - measure it to 4 oz. Place on plate and top salad with 2 oz cooked green peppers and taco meat. Grate 1 oz of hard cheese over the salad. Drizzle 2 tbsp of MRC ranch dressing around outside of salad on lettuce. Take Tortillas from oven and arrange around outside of salad.

This should equal 4 oz protein, 4 oz raw veggies, 2 oz cooked veggies, 1 serving of starch
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Made this tonight and loved it!

Taco salad:
Ground Turkey (5 oz frozen, 3-4 oz fresh)
Raw Green Peppers
Chili Powder
Cajun seasoning (salt free)
Sea Salt (dash)
1 oz hard cheese
1/2 flour tortilla cut into triangles
PAM cooking spray
salad with tomatoes
MRC ranch dressing

Start by browning ground turkey in a pan sprayed with PAM, season with pepper. Once cooked, weigh out 3 oz and sprinkled with Chili Powder and salt-free cajun seasoning (not too much) and a dash of sea salt. Add a little water (2-3 tbsp) and let simmer on stove a short while. While this stews spray another pan with PAM and add the green pepper slices and season gently, cook until soft. Next, cut up 1/2 a tortilla into little triangles, sprayed again with PAM and put in oven at 450 for 5 min +/-. Next, make a green salad romaine lettuce and fresh tomatoes - measure it to 4 oz. Place on plate and top salad with 2 oz cooked green peppers and taco meat. Grate 1 oz of hard cheese over the salad. Drizzle 2 tbsp of MRC ranch dressing around outside of salad on lettuce. Take Tortillas from oven and arrange around outside of salad.

This should equal 4 oz protein, 4 oz raw veggies, 2 oz cooked veggies, 1 serving of starch
Sounds good! You know what else i have done, is instead of the ranch i've used the low sodium sugar free taco seasoning cottage cheese in the blender for an awsome taco salad dressing and just use half a serving of the cottage cheese and a half of serving of the meat...
LauraSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #11  

Default Great Idea

A Southwestern dressing - nice way to dress it up more! Thx for the tip
Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #12  

Default Parmesan Crusted Cajun Tilapia

Recipe Idea - tried this tonight and it was delicious!

Fresh Tilapia filets
Cajun Seasoning (try from health food store in little baggies w/o salt)
Parmesan Cheese (the cheap, powder kind)
Pepper & Sea Salt to taste
Pam Olive Oil Cooking spray

Directions: Spray a non-stick pan with pam cooking spray and put on med-high heat, while heating up rinse fish with water then place on flat surface/cutting board, generously apply cajun seasoning, pepper, parmesan cheese powder to one side. Press seasoning and parmesan into the fish then turn over. Repeat the same on 2nd side except sprinkle with sea-salt when finished. Place seasoned fish into pan, turn pan down to med heat, spray top side with a little pam and then cover with a lid. Turn fish over in approx 2-3 minutes and allow to cook on other side until fish is flaky when poked with a fork. Serve Hot. I like to get mine really dark in color when the parmesan becomes all crunchy!

As far as weighing this - I just placed the cooked fish with cheese on scale and weighed this allowing cheese to account for some of the protein although I am sure it is minimal. Enjoy!