Old 02-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #1  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Just a chat thread!!

I just thought maybe a thread for general chat would be great. I always like to tell people of my success's as well as someone to vent to when I do not achieve what I am trying to do. I started MRC on January 2, 2009 and have had a few rough weeks. I started at 213 pounds and am trying to reach 150 during my program period which ends on May 1, 2009 to be able to be on maintenence as per the program. I know this a tough goal but I think I can do it or get awful close. I would like to hear from people that are having success as well as people that have bumps in the road just like I have. I would like to say that I did hit a mile stone on Valentines Day by hitting my 20 pound life change mark. It certianly kick started my attitude again. I want everyone to remember, you did not gain the weight over night and it will take a while to get it off, so hang in there baby's, it will happen in good time. Hugs & kisses to all the wonderful people!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
I just thought maybe a thread for general chat would be great. I always like to tell people of my success's as well as someone to vent to when I do not achieve what I am trying to do. I started MRC on January 2, 2009 and have had a few rough weeks. I started at 213 pounds and am trying to reach 150 during my program period which ends on May 1, 2009 to be able to be on maintenence as per the program. I know this a tough goal but I think I can do it or get awful close. I would like to hear from people that are having success as well as people that have bumps in the road just like I have. I would like to say that I did hit a mile stone on Valentines Day by hitting my 20 pound life change mark. It certianly kick started my attitude again. I want everyone to remember, you did not gain the weight over night and it will take a while to get it off, so hang in there baby's, it will happen in good time. Hugs & kisses to all the wonderful people!!
Hi Shannon,
Sounds like you're doing great and I am determined to do just the same. I have 100 lbs to lose, 1st goal of 72 lbs by Aug 10th, started my pre-conditioning on Tues and will get Plan on Friday. I love this site and all the great people here, it feels great to know I've found a plan that really works and has great support here. Thanks for the posts - always encouraging and gets me excited about what's to come.
Karen
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Default how to insert ticker

I'm new to this just started mrc and just signed up on this forum. Trying to figure out how to insert my ticker.
Instructions would be helpful

Thanks
ahobbs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #4  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Default Just started 2-18-09

I too just started on the detox wont get everything else until next Friday 2-27-09. I can't wait, I'm hoping that I wont be as hungry with taking the supplements.

ahobbs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #5  
Chubby in N. FL

S/C/G: 228/213/200

The site administrator section says you can't insert the ticker till you hit 20 days and 20 posts...

I've hit a rough patch for the past few week...Need to get back on track!
Chubby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #6  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Default Hey Everyone

Well now, remember when I said I thought it would be great to create just a chat area where we can brag as well as complain. Well, I am gonna do some whining too! LOL I knew I kind of got derailed last week and my weigh in proved it. On the 14th I had lost 5.5 pounds in a week and thought I was doing so dang good that I let my self stray. I gained 1.5 pounds last week. When I weighed in yesterday she asked if I knew what might have caused the gain, I tried to blame it on PMS, and I know that that has a little to do with it, but I really know what happened. Then to top it off, I guess I was pouting yesterday so for supper I had fried chicken, macaroni & cheese and some red beans and rice. Talk about really blowing it!!! But you know what? I have decided today is a new day for my life challenge. I am forgetting what I have already done and starting anew. I will not stray this week, I will not stray this week, I will not stray this week! I will chant this all week and see how I do next saturday! Good luck to everyone else and remember, if the train comes off the tracks a little, you can always put it right back on there, it is your decision! Choooo Choooo Choooo!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
I have decided today is a new day for my life challenge. I am forgetting what I have already done and starting anew. I will not stray this week, I will not stray this week, I will not stray this week! I will chant this all week and see how I do next saturday! Good luck to everyone else and remember, if the train comes off the tracks a little, you can always put it right back on there, it is your decision! Choooo Choooo Choooo!!

AMEN. I remember reading somewhere - "Don't let a bad day become a bad week, or let a bad week become a bad month, or let a bad month become a bad year"

I also remember reading (possibly in the same article) that 6 oreos is still better than 6 oreos and a piece of cake. Meaning, yeah, 6 oreos isn't great, but it's better to stop there then keep adding.

I am so glad you are taking control back and not being too too hard on yourself. You go sista!

AND please remember to send this email back to me when I slip up!

Last edited by badbaum; 02-22-2009 at 10:31 AM.
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

I was dogged in my determination to not cheat, but I too, after losing 27 pounds, have found myself cheating twice in two weeks! And this last time, one night of cheating brought on two extra pounds the next few days.

I am still trying to figure out why we sabotage ourselves when we are doing so well. If we are losing and feeling so good about ourselves, why would we WANT to cheat?

And what scares me about my cheats is that I don't do it just a little bit. Once I put something in my mouth that is a "no no" I give myself license to keep on going! This reminds me of the old binging behavior that got me into this boat in the first place! So scary!

How will I ever make it out in the real world of maintenance if I can't even control myself for one night? What are we supposed to be learning with all of this restrictive dieting???
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #9  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Hi Shannon...

You are doing so well and you have the right attitude! Everyone will slip up every now and then but you have the willpower to know that tomorrow is another day! Plus, you never know, maybe it will aid in your weight loss this week to have gone off plan last week....sometimes your body needs to be shaken up!

I did so well for the first 3 weeks, I was averaging 4.6 lbs a week and then I had some emotional eating days (3 of them!) then I got sick and had to take some OTC medication last week. Needless to say, I did not go weigh in on Friday like I should have for my one month weigh in. I didn't have time on Saturday so now I have to go today at lunch time and I am so scared that I gained too! When I was sick I had no appetite, I tried to eat my chicken and veggies for lunch and dinner but could not get them down so I had to eat soup (that was what I was craving!). I felt so much better on Thursday and went right back OP and have been OP since. My short term goal is to be at 170 by Saturday....I get to see my boyfriend who I have not seen since January so I want to surprise him with a lighter me!

Good luck to you and everyone else this week! We will have a great week!! I like Shannon's mantra......We will not stray this week....we will not stray this week!!

Mel

P.S. I live in West Texas too....in Lubbock
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Default Hello

You guys are so right. Every one will go off at one point or another. I am a newbie at this, started my shakes today and I am pretty excited. I hope that every one has a great week and reaches all their goals. Just remember, one step at a time, one day at a time .
Jennifer73 is offline   Reply With Quote