Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I am almost done with the MRC multi-vitamins and need to buy more tomorrow - I have no clue what to buy at a normal store. Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!!

Sharisse
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #17  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

I buy the One-a-Day All-Day Energy vitamins at walmart (they are in a green bottle). I don't notice that they give me a huge boost of energy though, but I am a very low energy person to start with.
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 309/257/170

Height: 5 ft 5.5 inches

Smile MSM question

I am new to this. I started MRC on 4/1/08 and am down 40 lbs. I am an insulin dependent diabetic so I am not on as strict a plan as most are. Since I need to loose arount 125 lbs they brought up the MSM idea last week. Of course they say theirs is the best. My question is what exactly is on the label MSM or what and how many should you take in a day. Also any thoughts on a substitute for their total woman they just said I should start trying 5 or 6 a day and 180 pills of theirs at big bucks won't last long.
Delta Dawn 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 AM   #19  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Dawn 01 View Post
I am new to this. I started MRC on 4/1/08 and am down 40 lbs. I am an insulin dependent diabetic so I am not on as strict a plan as most are. Since I need to loose arount 125 lbs they brought up the MSM idea last week. Of course they say theirs is the best. My question is what exactly is on the label MSM or what and how many should you take in a day. Also any thoughts on a substitute for their total woman they just said I should start trying 5 or 6 a day and 180 pills of theirs at big bucks won't last long.
You can have up to 6000 mg per day. I took 1000 mg three times a day with meals.

Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) is a source of biological sulfur, an important component of proteins, connective tissues, hormones and enzymes. Liver detoxification also requires adequate amounts of sulfur. MSM is also claimed to be an anti-inflammatory agent.

MRC promotes the use of MSM for it's role in connective tissue to help minimize loose skin that usually occurs with large amounts of weight loss.

Sorry, I have no advise for total woman.

Hope this helps

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 07-23-2008 at 03:50 AM.
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #20  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Total Woman is primrose oil + flaxseed. I just buy primrose oil caps on there own and take them daily instead of buying Total Woman.
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #21  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I am on the flax, liquid minerals, corti-trim, chromium picolinate, cleanser compound and the Hoodia,

Do I need them all I don't know I just started but I am losing weight and would hate to stop. Just read over all the information, I feel pressed to buy the items sometimes and I don't like that. Just be care full and stay in your budget
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #22  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

bump...
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #23  

Thank you to all of you that have mentioned what vitamins and such to get! It has been a big help, as I just went off of the pre-conditioning stage today and start the Meta Balance tomorrow.

How many of you are on the Meta Balance plan (Level 3)? (It is a white sheet - not the preconditioning sheet, however).

I should mention that I'm a Type II diabetic.

TIA for any help you can give me.
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/155/120

Height: 5'3

I take MRC 6 and MSM. I have ran out of MSM before and bought some from another place. It did not work for me. I think MRC stuff is better. and MRC 6 melts you like butter. wouldnt be without it! =)
pamsies1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 231/217/150

Height: 5'4

I just joined this site; just starting MRC on my own. I was reading your post regarding the MSM with NAC and would love to know if this has helped with the regeneration of nerves? I have been diagnosed with a hemi-facial spasm which is being treated with botox injections. I am continually searching for other possible solutions!
ChellesColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #26  
Colorado

Default hard time differentiating which supplements

I am a newbie to posting on this site but have read your forum for quite some time. This topic is of great interest to me. I have a hard time differentiating which supplements are really needed for weight loss and which one are just being pushed by the counselors to make their commission. Currently I take my own fish oil; and I take MRC total woman, phentatrim, internal cleanser and MRC 6. It is so expensive I can not continue to buy all of these from the center. I appreciate the wisdom of the veterans here.
PurpleRose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #27  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRose1 View Post
I am a newbie to posting on this site but have read your forum for quite some time. This topic is of great interest to me. I have a hard time differentiating which supplements are really needed for weight loss and which one are just being pushed by the counselors to make their commission. Currently I take my own fish oil; and I take MRC total woman, phentatrim, internal cleanser and MRC 6. It is so expensive I can not continue to buy all of these from the center. I appreciate the wisdom of the veterans here.
You could sub regular flax & primrose oil for the total woman, both are easy to find much cheaper than at MRC. Phentatrim is hoodia with some other stuff added (I forget what, I took it for a couple of weeks but didn't like it - I do like hoodia, but for some reason theirs just doesn't agree with me) - I take Mega Green Tea with hoodia that I get at Sam's instead (again, much cheaper). There is something similar to MRC6 that I've used, you've probably seen it mentioned on other threads, but it's this: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=506&at=0
Internal cleanser isn't that expensive as I recall, but I do want to find something similar (I do like it), probably just some type of fiber drink or pill would work for me. I'll look when I run out of the internal cleanser.

Glad to see you posting instead of just lurking!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #28  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Corti-trim

Does anyone have a good substitute for corti-trim?
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #29  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanori View Post
Does anyone have a good substitute for corti-trim?
I think any of the knockoffs of cortislim, things that provide "cortisol support". If you're taking it now, take the bottle with you to check & compare ingredients at a health food store or even at WalMart or CVS, wherever you shop for OTC medications.