Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #316  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Oaks View Post
checking in - ok I thought I was doing soooo good at Chevy's today - I mixed the shrimp and the Portabella/Asparagus fajitas - did not eat any beans, rice, chips, salsa, sour cream, onion - nothing - but then I find myself sitting there eating one of the flour tortilla thinking I can eat half of it because this will be my starch - WAKE UP!!! I am suppose to have fruit for lunch not a starch....oh well not the end of the world and it was only half.

QUESTION - what does a b-6 flush actually do for you?
oh i did that alot in the beginning, ever once in awhile I will switch and have my starch at lunch, usually when I want a buffalo burger at lunch. Sometimes if I am too full for my fruit at lunch I will wait and eat it in between lunch and supper but I make sure I eat it with an HNS because the protein causes the sugars to not impact blood sugar levels so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Hey everyone. I Finally hit the 20 lb board! Yea!

Now here is my question...I am doing Metaquick for a week. My counsler said to do a shake in the am and a bar for lunch. I did the vanilla shake with a peach mango mixed in. I put it in the blender with ice. It was okay for the first 1/2 of it...I got real full and didn't care for it by the end. I threw out about 3 ounces of it b/c I was full! So, any suggestions on how to make them more palatable? I was thinking that the concensous on the board was to do 2 shakes instead of a shake and a bar. But I noticed that the shake is like 250 calories. I asked my counsler about how it makes you lose weight b/c my meal calorie counts are similar to that. She wasn't sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can anyone share your experience with Metaquick. Thanks!
Hey congrats on the 20 lb board!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I take 3/day. One with each meal. When I run out, I am going to switch to "One A Day" I think. They are cheaper and you only have to take one a day!
You should take 2 a day of the "one a day" LOL
Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #318  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

rock-what is the b-6 flush? What does it do?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Hi Sharisse,

I was told to take 3/day...1 at each meal.

BTW, what is sweet adelines?

Lori
Thanks Lori! I only ended up taking 1 multivitamin yesterday but I also took my regular vitamin by habit (stress tabs with iron). I have taken 2 multivitamins so far today and will take another one with dinner.

Sweet Adelines is women's acapella 4 part barbershop harmony. I have been in it for 8 years and love it!

Sharisse
Old 05-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #320  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I have been "absent" for a few days, so I have not had the chance to say WELCOME! I have twins, too. B/G and they are 6 and in Kindergarten. Aren't they just too much fun! We also have a 4 year old.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Yes they are too much fun - definitely a hand full! I can't believe they will be starting preschool this fall! YIKES!!! They are growing up way too fast! They are my only children - not sure if we will have any more.

Nickie - thanks for the information about the Latortilla's - I will definitely be checking out my super walmart.

Sharisse
Old 05-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #321  

Ok - so I have been OP for 2 full days (well once I get through dinner and to bed - LOL). I have to take my car in tomorrow to see what is wrong with it. So I am trying to decide when to weigh in this week. I believe my counselor at the center (is that what they are called??) said to do like Thursday and Saturday to get the full effect of the program and not be disappointed if I weigh in too early and have a gain. So I guess I will plan on weighing in Thursday depending on my car situation. If my car is not fixed I will have to have someone watch my twins so I could go weigh in. I should be able to do that though.

OK - I am a diehard Starbucks and Scooters (another coffee shop) fan!! It is killing me when I have to drive places and see them and know I can't have one. I absolutley love Starbucks frappucinnos that you get in the grocery store. What am I gonna do???? UGH!!!!!!!!!

I also had 2 beers last night, hopefully that won't matter. I still drank like 70 ounces of water yesterday and am working on drinking that today.

Sharisse
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #322  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Metaquick

Quote:

Now here is my question...I am doing Metaquick for a week. My counsler said to do a shake in the am and a bar for lunch. I did the vanilla shake with a peach mango mixed in. I put it in the blender with ice. It was okay for the first 1/2 of it...I got real full and didn't care for it by the end. I threw out about 3 ounces of it b/c I was full! So, any suggestions on how to make them more palatable? I was thinking that the concensous on the board was to do 2 shakes instead of a shake and a bar. But I noticed that the shake is like 250 calories. I asked my counsler about how it makes you lose weight b/c my meal calorie counts are similar to that. She wasn't sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can anyone share your experience with Metaquick. Thanks!
Hi Deanna,
I've only done it twice. Once for 3 days and the other 2 days. For me I liked taking the chocolate shake with 8 oz tangerine Diet Rite and 8oz water and about 5 ice cubes. Gave it a chocolate orange taste with a little fizz. I did the same with the vanilla, but for some reason the orange didn't taste as strong as with the chocolate. I figured next time I'd add more Diet Rite and a little less water. Just don't add the whole can of soda. I did that the first time and it was good for a little bit, but it got old half way through. The vanilla shake seems to taste much sweeter than the choc. to me.

My counselor told me to only do the shakes - not the bars - that most people lose more weight that way. I'm not sure why you lose more...is it maybe the surgar/carb. amount??

Also, by day 3 I was so hungry I was ready to finish and eat normal food - so I'm not sure I can do 7 days.

Wishing you a big weight loss on it!!
Lori
Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #323  
Lori

Default Congratulations

Quote:

Thanks!
Forgot in my last post...congrats on the 20 lb board!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #324  
Lori

Default Tired and Weary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi everyone...Nothing new to report here! REALLY! NOTHING NEW! I haven't WI yet this week b/c I was less than good over the weekend and I just get sick of hearing them "well, you know that kicked you out of fat burn for 3 days, blah, blah, blah!" I really love the girls @ my center but I don't want to hear it. I know I was bad and I don't want to analyze it b/c I just really like ice cream and I WANTED SOME dangit!
Hi Rocki,

Understand how you feel. I've been lurking here for awhile and not posting as much because I haven't been eating like I should.

Nurse's week one of the doctor's brought in a TON of cuban food...yellow rice, pulled pork, black beans, cuban bread, plantains and then someone brought one of those large cookies with the icing inbetween 2 cookies and more icing on top. I just simply wanted some, so I had some. No where near as much as I would have in the past, but I had some. Then I went to my aunt & uncle's to see my aunt for mother's day. They made a Digiorno (sp) ultimate meat pizza - and I had some. I haven't gone over to their house since I started this diet because I didn't want to mess up. At this point I'm tired of revolving everything I do around food and being afraid to mess up. At the same time I just want to finish and get to the point where I can eat all foods, but in moderation. My counselors don't give me the same speil as yours do, but some still make me feel guilty. My favorite counselor that always takes my off plan eats in stride and is encouraging, is no longer working there. Bummer!!

I've earned 2 free extra weeks, so my contract ends the 2nd week of June. Right now I'm 11.5 lbs from goal and my BMI is already at 25.5%. Judy told me another 2 lbs and I'll be at goal BMI wise and if I want to stabilize I can. I really want to get to 120 lbs though, so I want to hold out.

Sorry to ramble for so long...all that to say...I feel your pain! Keep on hanging in there, we can do it!

Lori

Last edited by HumbleBee; 05-20-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #325  
Lori

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Sweet Adelines is women's acapella 4 part barbershop harmony. I have been in it for 8 years and love it!

Sharisse
That's so cool. You and 3MM should get together and sing! Wish I could sing. My pastor always says there's 2 types of people in the church: those that can sing and those that make a joyful noise (that only the Lord can appreciate) I'm a joyful noise maker LOL!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #326  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Hi Rocki,

Understand how you feel. I've been lurking here for awhile and not posting as much because I haven't been eating like I should.

Nurse's week one of the doctor's brought in a TON of cuban food...yellow rice, pulled pork, black beans, cuban bread, plantains and then someone brought one of those large cookies with the icing inbetween 2 cookies and more icing on top. I just simply wanted some, so I had some. No where near as much as I would have in the past, but I had some. Then I went to my aunt & uncle's to see my aunt for mother's day. They made a Digiorno (sp) ultimate meat pizza - and I had some. I haven't gone over to their house since I started this diet because I didn't want to mess up. At this point I'm tired of revolving everything I do around food and being afraid to mess up. At the same time I just want to finish and get to the point where I can eat all foods, but in moderation. My counselors don't give me the same speil as yours do, but some still make me feel guilty. My favorite counselor that always takes my off plan eats in stride and is encouraging, is no longer working there. Bummer!!

I've earned 2 free extra weeks, so my contract ends the 2nd week of June. Right now I'm 11.5 lbs from goal and my BMI is already at 25.5%. Judy told me another 2 lbs and I'll be at goal BMI wise and if I want to stabilize I can. I really want to get to 120 lbs though, so I want to hold out.

Sorry to ramble for so long...all that to say...I feel your pain! Keep on hanging in there, we can do it!

Lori
Congrats on on your BMI! Thats awesome. I understand how you feel! I am already feeling that way. My weight loss has slowed down, that's why I am doing the Metaquick (to help get this over with!). Thanks for sharing your experience with Metaquick. Did it help speed up your loss? Hang in there...you are so close!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #327  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Jeannie: I got weighed in and got the sheets. I meant to say that it was my wi on Friday where they forgot. But today they did forget that I was owed 1 box of HNS and copies of my before and after photos which I will post when I get them. Must remember to get them next time. Our center is closed Saturday and Monday for Memorial Day holiday. Now I can have fruit at breakfast 2x a week; not on the days where I can have a starch at lunch. Also, they give me a "special" sheet to write food on with the changes highlighted.

While I was waiting for a couselor today I got to talk to a woman who lost 91 pounds with the program. She was supposed to be at the stabiliazation party and is a "legend" at our center. Her husband lost 40 pounds and joined after she lost her first 50 pounds. Very inspirational.
Happy to hear you are set to go! Hey, I would remid them! Try and not forget next time you go in! 12 bucks is 12 bucks!

Sharisse: I too, when I was taking the multivitamin by MRC, it was 1 at each meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Just checking in really quick. I didn't make it to 299 yet. I went to weigh in and only lost 1 lb. I was at an even 300. Boo!!! I even ripped off my shirt (without even closing the door to the room) but it's a really light shirt and didn't make a lick'a difference. Oh well. I will be there on Wednesday. Hopefully I can lose another lb and can be that much closer to the 50 lb board!
Im rooting for you! You will get it next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
I just started this past week and go in for my plan in a few days. I am so glad to have found a wonderful support system like this. Finally. You all have such wonderful advice.

How do you put the cute pictures up over your info?
Good for you! If you are talking about adding a picture where your avatar is, where you selected an avatar, there is a block for you to browse your computer and add a pic. If you are refeering the sig tracker at the bottom of our posts, you will not be able to add one until after being on site for 30 days! After the 30 days, use the drop down menus at the top and pick the signature tracker, create one, copy the formatting and past it in the signature editing that will show up under your user controls. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
You know, that's one of those things that we know in our heads is true, but it's so hard to make ourselves follow through sometimes! I did get a laundry & ironing done yesterday (I tend to let it pile up which is not so smart). And cold meds helped. Seems to have moved from my head down to my chest fairly quickly, so hopefully it'll move on out quickly too. Am drinking lots of water to help keep things "fluid". Taking my vitamins & supplements & drinking my homemade HNS, but not doing so well on the food front. Will eat better today, tho, hopefully!
Hope all passes really quick for you! I know it is just awful being sick when you feel overwhelmed and have so much to do! I know if you are anything like me, family coming in, I know I want all to be just right and to be caught up with my stuff so things don't pile up!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

Meemo,
I bought one of those bottles and love it. I was wondering how many times a day do we need to fill them up a day to get our required water?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #329  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Okay, this is a totally random (and probably dumb) question. For lunch, is it okay to eat chicken AND cheese, as long as you don't go over 4 oz, total? I love eating a little bit of melted cheese over my grilled chicken and veggies. Is this legal?
I don't see why not! All I ever understood about the cheese thing was that if you were going to eat hard cheese, only have it once out of the day! Think you should be just fine!

Quote:
Don't beat your self up! Just count that as your starch for dinner! I think Gigi said that she usually has her starch at lunch! No biggie!
Yes ma'am! I usually have a tuna salad mix and eat it on some melba crackers for lunch! No one has ever said anything about it when we have went over my food sheets. I just eliminate it from my dinner! I havn't really noticed any difference with my weight loss behind the switch! Then again, this might not work for all! I agree, don't beat yourself up over it!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #330  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey Lori..Good to see you around again! NOW I know why you've been gone!

Sorry your favorite counselor is gone, but WOOHOO on being so close to stabilization. Judy was really nice the few times I talked to her but she moved over there before I signed up. I DO like the girls at our center but they DO give me that dang spiel each time I "CHOOSE" to go off plan. I CHOOSE to do that quite often, but that's how I roll! Just kidding..I just hate everything revolving around what I can and can't eat as well. However, that's what got me in this overweight situation to start with (NOT choosing properly and eating whatever/whenever I wanted, kwim?)

Anyway..Thanks for the encouraging words. We CAN do this (as can everyone else here too!). I'll WI tomorrow and I feel much better about being on program and back on track (AGAIN!) this week.

Oh, when you mix the Diet Rite with the shake how do you do it without it exploding? I mixed some of the chocolate (Canfield's I think) soda with an HNS one time (in the blender) and it exploded all over! I mean it blew the top off of the Shake and Take. I now have a personal blender (Hamilton Beach) but it doesn't hold enough liquid to even make a full shake. I love the Diet Rite Tangerine (Winn Dixie had them on sale this week but it ended today and Target has them on sale and you get free Edy's ice cream if you buy so many..How the F does that make sense??)

Oh, I only stuck to the MQ diet for 4 days, so obviously 7 was too much for me too!

Quote:
Hi Rocki,

Lori

Last edited by Rocki; 05-21-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Closed Thread