Metabolic Research Center Recipes

You're on Page 7 of 43
Go to
  • Asian Turkey Meatballs
    This recipe is from the asian cooking class at my center. I had it for dinner tonight and it was super yummy!

Asian Turkey Meatballs
    1lb ground turkey
    1/2 c. chopped green pepper
    1/4 c. chopped green onion
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

glaze ingredients:
    2 pkts peach mango concentrate
    1 tsp chili pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Pre-heat oven to 400 then mix all meatball ingredients together by hand in a large bowl. Once mixed form into small balls and place on a baking sheet. (I weighed mine at 1oz each for simplicity) Cook meatballs for 15 minutes. While the meatballs are cooking mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Remove the meatballs from the oven and pour the glaze mixture over them. But the meatballs back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Cool and serve.

I fixed some steamed cabbage and mushrooms to go with and used that as the bed for the meatballs, then I crushed up a serving of the seseme melba toast and sprinked that on top. (reminded me of chow mein noodles)
  • MRC French Toast
    This is from the cookbook put thought I'd post anyway. I've had this a couple of times and enjoyed it!

MRC French Toast
    2 eggs or 3 egg whites
    1 slice 40 calorie bread
    1 packet splenda
    cinnamon to taste

In a small bowl beat the 2 eggs and add 1/2 the packet of splenda and the cinnamon. Once the mixture is beaten soak the piece of bread in the mixture until the majority is absorbed. Take the bread and place of a pam sprayed skillet until done.

I then like to spray the french toast with ICBNB and add the other 1/2 packet of splenda.
  • Buffalo Chicken Tenders
    1 LB cubed, uncooked chicken
    OPTIONAL: 4 slices of lights bread (toasted and crumbled) or 16 melba toast rounds
    3 TBS olive oil
    Frank's Hot Sauce
    Season per taste (chili powder, garlic, etc)

Place chicken and olive oil in a ziploc bag. Shake to coat. In a separate ziploc, add seasonings and optional bread crumbs. Add oil-coated chicken and shake. Spray cookie sheet with pam spray. Cook chicken for 13 minutes on 450 degrees. Put franks hot sauce in a ziplock. Add cooked chicken and shake to coat. Weigh 4 oz of chicken for dinner. If using bread crumbs, remember to replace bread serving at dinner.

Ranch Dressing
    12oz. low-fat cottage cheese
    1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
    2-4 oz of water
    Stir together!
  • Tomato Basil Salad
    2 - 1 oz mozzarella cheese sticks sliced into circles
    4 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
    5-6 Large basil leaves, chopped
    2 TSP olive oil
    3/4 TSP cider vinegar
    1/2 TSP Mrs. Dash table blend
    A few flakes of black pepper, to taste
    1 TSP fresh lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow all flavors to blend.
  • Stupid question here, I know there is a egg sub. that is not made from egg's but I am not sure which on it is???

I am allergic to eggs but most all the food in the cook book calls for it
  • Fresh Salsa

4-6 fresh tomatoes
    1/2 cup cilantro
    2-4 jalapenos
    1 fresh garlic clove
    3-4 green onions

Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor. For chuckier salsa, pulse 2-5 times. For smoother salsa, blend until you get the desired consistency. Measure before eating to ensure the right serving size. 4oz salsa does not count as a whole vegetable serving!
  • Quote: Where do you get the whey protein? Is it a powder? Are the egg whites a powder or liquid.
    I get plain unflavored whey protein powder at GNC. And the egg whites I use are the pasteurized liquid ones you get in the carton by the eggs. (Sorry I didn't see this sooner!)
  • Quote: Fresh Salsa

4-6 fresh tomatoes
    1/2 cup cilantro
    2-4 jalapenos
    1 fresh garlic clove
    3-4 green onions

Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor. For chuckier salsa, pulse 2-5 times. For smoother salsa, blend until you get the desired consistency. Measure before eating to ensure the right serving size. 4oz salsa does not count as a whole vegetable serving!
    Awesome recipe! Any fun ideas on what to put the salsa on?
  • Tortilla Chips

1 La Tortilla Factory 50 calorie tortilla
    Pam Spray
    Seasonings (all optional): salt substitute, low sod taco seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush tortilla with water on both sides. Season as desired on both sides. Cut, with a pizza cutter, into triangular chips. Bake for approx 5-7 minutes. Enjoy with salsa.

Makes 1 serving.
    Counts as a starch.
  • Chile Relleno Casserole

1 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    8 egg whites
    1 cup of grated cheese
    1/2 cup of green chiles
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
    Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Blend cottage cheese, egg whites, and grated cheese. Add green chiles. Spray 8x8 glass casserole dish with Pam. Pour in mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 4 servings (Meta-Slim) or 3 servings (Meta-Slim Plus).
    Serve with Salsa, or Salad.
    Counts as a Group Two serving because of the fat.
  • Soft Taco Casserole

12-16 oz Ground Turkey or Buffalo
    1 can diced green chiles
    4 oz green onions, chopped
    1 cup water
    1 packet cream of tomato HNS
    4 La Tortilla factory tortillas (50 calorie)
    2-4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
    Season to taste with: cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Tabasco

Brown meat. Drain any excess fat. Place meat back in pain and add green onions and green chilies. Cook until onions are soft. Combine water and soup mix. Add to meat mixture. Season to taste with spices. Spray 8x8 casserole dish with Pam spray. Place one tortilla on the bottom, top with 1/4 meat and 1/4 cheese. Continue layering with remaining tortilla, meat and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese on top in bubbling.

Makes 4 servings
  • 7 layer dip

1 lb extra lean ground turkey
    8 oz raw tomatoes, chopped
    8 oz romaine, or iceberg lettuce
    8 oz green peppers, chopped
    4 oz low fat cottage cheese (6oz if on Meta Slim Plus)
    4 oz jalapenos, seeds removed and chopped
    4 oz green onions, chopped
    1/2 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    2 tablespoons water, separated

Cook ground turkey in a skillet until done, adding 1-2 teaspoons of reduced sodium taco seasoning and 1 tablespoon of water to flavor. Remove from skillet and cool. Blend in food processor or blender 4 or 6 oz (depending on menu) low fat cottage cheese with 1 TBSP of water and rest of taco seasoning (if you want a flavored layer of cottage cheese). Chop all vegetables. We recommend layering in this order....
    Cottage cheese
    Green Onions
    Green Peppers
    Turkey
    Jalapeno
    Lettuce
    Raw Tomatoes
  • Flan

1 package vanilla cream pudding
    2 eggs
    6 oz water
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    Cinnamon (to taste)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth and pour into a small ramekin or baking dish. Bake for 12 minutes or until set.

1 Serving.
    Counts as 1 creamy supplement and 4oz protein
  • Denise My Mouth Is Watering, thanks for posting these, you saved me from myself
  • Quote: Denise My Mouth Is Watering, thanks for posting these, you saved me from myself
    Awww.... I'm so glad! I hope you enjoy them. I still have some to try. I really like the soft taco casserole with the salsa on it.... let me know which one's you enjoy! I've heard the 7 layer dip and the chile relleno casserole recipes are great too!