3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take VII! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/128838-metabolic-research-center-take-vii.html)

bomaze 01-04-2008 06:50 PM

Raemi! I'd love to hear what you find for your Mexico trip. We've been talking of doing the same. And thanks for the reminder on the passport thing - I've been meaning to get that done for a while ;-) The thought of going to the beach without shame would be reward enough for all the hard work! Oh...that and a new wardrobe. We are at the same start weight and goal weight - you're just a month ahead of me. I'm rooting for you!

oreoparent 01-04-2008 06:50 PM

Wah!
Wi'd today and was up 4 lbs! :rollpin::frypan::tantrum:
I have been on Ibuprofen for 6 days now for my shoulder. If I am still in severe pain on Monday I will go on a medical hold and go see the doc. I had PT in October for the same shoulder, but aggravated it by sleeping on a very soft bed at my in-laws over Christmas. When we go up there for Joe's wedding in a couple of weeks I hope to be able to sleep on a different bed. An air mattress may be best.
Anyhow, I will stay in a holding position until this passes. :crossed: I have been on 5 other medical holds. They do eventually end. I am having trouble staying OP because Ibuprofen tears my stomach up. I end up needing crackers, etc. :eating2::halfempty
Keep up the good reports and encouragement. :coach::sunny::goodluck::kickbutt: If it was not for this forum I probably would have never stuck to the plan and lost the weight that I have lost. Here's to our group!:hat: :cheer::dust::woohoo:

graduatethin 01-04-2008 07:11 PM

I wi this afternoon and I lost 1 lb.-I 'll take it. I asked about the tuna steak and my counselor didn't know for sure. Anyway, not like I want to eat it again. I made the sloppy joe recipe from the cookbook tonight- used ground turkey. It was pretty good, I put a little green onion on top to give it a little more flavor.

All the trip talk makes me want to book one! It is supposed to warm up tomorrow, I am ready for a little nicer weather, it has been so cold!

MSTeacher 01-04-2008 07:21 PM

I had my food class and weighed in tonight after pre-conditioning and was down 5 LBS!!! Yay! I am very excited. Water weight or whatever, it's good with me :)

Moliver 01-04-2008 07:35 PM

MSTeacher: in my food instruction class they said that caffeine has to be processed by your liver and your liver is the main organ for fat metabolism. So if your liver is busy processing caffeine (and other medications) it can't burn as much fat, including stored body fat. I googled this and found this interesting article that corroborates what my center said, but with more detail: www dot extremehealthusa dot com / fat-flush-plan.html.

LilyannasMom: Hi! Our center gives $25 in MRC credit for referrals.

Deb - that was funny! I put things down the disposal also so that they're really gone! Wow, I'm so impressed you made it through the holidays so well!! Great job!

Raemi: What a great reward you have planned! That should keep you motivated for sure! It sounds like those cravings are being caused by seeing the food - those are some of the worst for me. Not sure chromium or guggul would help in that situation but they might.

Oreoparent: Sorry to hear about your shoulder and stomach problems from the Ibuprofen. :( Hang in there, we're pulling for you.

All: My center gave me a great book suggestion: 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle (same author of Life is Hard, Food is Easy). I got the book immediately and LOVE it. Although I love the MRC program, I admit I've been having some personal issues staying motivated in the last few weeks. This book is already helping me tremendously. My favorite piece of advice so far: Protect Your Program. "No one will ever care as much about your diet plan as you. So it's your job to prevent people or events [in my case: Me!] from pulling you off track. Instead of depending on others to help you be successful with your diet, make a commitment that you will protect your program at all costs!" It goes on to give good practical advice for protecting your program, but just this paragraph alone was what I really needed to hear right now. I realized I need to protect my program from ME! :D Sounds funny but I've really been fighting myself on this plan, but once I heard this I realized that I need to protect my plan like a baby, really changes my perspective on cheating.

MSTeacher 01-04-2008 08:52 PM

Oreoparent, I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Moliver, Thanks for the link! The article is amazing! I understand now, but I can't promise I won't have a caffeine free diet coke on special occasions! :)

ShineOn 01-04-2008 10:21 PM

MSTeacher - :cheer: Congratulations! You are off to a great start!! I gained during pre-conditioning :o Moliver - I got that book for Christmas. Thanks for sharing, I need to dig in and read it. graduatethin :whoohoo: 1 lb closer to goal. We ARE going to meet face to face someday :) oreoparent - I so happy to hear from you again. You are the model of Perseverance

Whew! I have the munchies tonight. TOM is right around the corner, so I had red meat tonight! Luckily I hadn't used up my creamy already so I could eat the chocolate pudding. I'm away from the designated eating area now and back in the safe zone :D Just when you think everything is going along smoothly, the good ole hormes have to keep in. :D

me first this time 01-04-2008 11:32 PM

Happy New Year Everyone! :newyear:It sure takes awhile to catch up on reading if you don't read everyday! Everyone has done such a great job during this holiday season.:carrot This whole week I have been having cravings for salty/sweet things-I haven't strayed except maybe a few more melba toasts. Will Guggal help these cravings? I was one of those night time grazers and I'm feeling like I just need something-I think it's mostly in my head because I'm not really hungry. I've already started drinking my supper HNS as a night time snack and it doesn't curb my "longing" for something I don't need. (I can only have 3 HNS daily) I've also noticed when I eat fish at night I tend to get hungry-does anyone else feel this way? I WI on Wed and was down .5 lbs so I reached my 25 lb goal by the first of the year and lost 24 3/4 inches. The plan works and I have my doubts still about all the money I'm spending but in the long run I know I'm worth it-so I'll keep on working to acheive this goal of being healthy. That's all of our goals isn't it? I may be bald by the time I reach goal but I'll be skinny! Have you guys noticed hair loss? Just wondering?:dizzy:It has been very cold in Georgia this week low was 14 at my house this morning-I sure don't know how you folks up north can stand all the cold and snow all winter long. :shrug::shocksn::snow4::brr::snowfightI will quit rambling for now-take care and I wish you all luck and great weight loss in the year ahead.:dust:

jantdieting 01-05-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShineOn (Post 1980507)
OK Jan, take my hand and let's get this weight off together :hug: I just got back to the gym today. I had a weird theory that I ran by the center today. Since I got back from the cruise, I've been losing weight really fast, but I haven't taken the time to exercise. .....

WI today and I was down another 2.5lbs!! Yea, me!!! :cp: With all my yo-yoing the last several weeks... my numbers are all messed up. I was hoping the 40lb board was mine today but MRC is showing I have only lost 37.5lbs so I still have 2.5lbs to go...:cry: So its more water and more fish....and look forward to signing next week.

OK, ShineOn I'm reaching!!! :high: I'm thinking the exercise is helping me...but I'm not doing any weight training, just cardio and not a lot of that. My upper arms are screaming for weights!!! Have you ever tried "Body Pump" classes? Before I was diagnosed with RA I did Body Pump and LOVED it; since my RA is pretty much in remission...I'm thinking of trying it again. Oh, to be going on another cruise...you lucky dog! Where are you cruising to this time? Just today we starting building a pool house...so we won't be cruising again this year! Send some snow our way!!! The last few days have been cold in Alabama....low 20's and hi 50's...yesterday AM with wind chill it felt like 5 in Auburn! I don't know if I could do the snow for weeks and weeks.....but once a year would be fun !

Raemi13 ~ I love Mexico...Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Cozumel :beach: are all my favorite places! You will have a ball! Talking about "adult choices" ...be careful in Cancun the beaches are "topless beaches". We didn't know that our first trip :o Just so ya'll know, this southern girl didn't participate!

My center says Guggul (ms?) will help with your carb cravings......Donuts~ Didn't you post info on Guggul a few weeks back?

Oreoparent ~ I'm so glad to see you posting, I have missed you! Hope your shoulder is better!

Night, night!
JanT

Venvix 01-05-2008 12:50 AM

MSTeacher Congrats on your awesome weight loss after Pre-conditioning! I think that you and I started the program around the same time, as I also just finished my pre-conditioning, and I did my food class and weight-in today...however, I just lost 2 lbs, so you go!!! I'm not terribly disappointed with my 2 lbs, 'cuz I did cheat just a tiny bit, so it goes to show, you just cheat yourself in the long run. I'm looking forward to the next phase, and hoping I can stick to it better! I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of pills you have to take before each meal... I am now up to 8 or so, 3 times a day!!! does that seem like a lot? Or maybe it's just me, who, prior to starting this plan, I sporadically took a multivitamin every other day or so...
Well, anyways, just rambling... Hope everyone has a great weekend!

SpringfieldAmy 01-05-2008 12:55 AM

Moliver: Thank you for the article. We got a handout in yesterdays class that was almost word for word in places. If I was a professor I would turn them in for plagiarism. They did not credit the fat-flush-diet. It looks more than similar to MRC. I think I may check our library for it and give it a quick read. I would have liked to have received more of the scientific evidence on why we are doing what we are doing from the start. It would help during my moments of weakness.

Again this board is the very best. Without you all I would be lost.

Meemo 01-05-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieduc8em (Post 1981678)
Hey Meemo...to answer your question I am from a little town near Savannah called Statesboro...home of Georgia Southern University and Blind Willie McTell.

Ah yes, where Erk Russell was the football coach :) I don't think I've ever been to Statesboro (but love "Statesboro Blues" LOL).

Meemo 01-05-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moliver (Post 1981873)
All: My center gave me a great book suggestion: 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle (same author of Life is Hard, Food is Easy). I got the book immediately and LOVE it. Although I love the MRC program, I admit I've been having some personal issues staying motivated in the last few weeks. This book is already helping me tremendously.

That's good to hear - I just ordered both her books from half.com. Even though I'm on maintenance now (well, I've got a few "holiday lbs" to lose, my ticker is no longer accurate!), it's a life-long process to keep it off, and with my history of losing then regaining, I figure they can't hurt!

texdoc2001 01-05-2008 11:33 AM

MEEMO: I'm sorry to be a pain, but I haven't been able to locate in your posts where you talked about the cortitrim-like supplement you ordered from iherb.com. Would you mind repeating the info and I promise I'll print it off this time to keep. Thanks, kiddo. (I told a friend of mine recently about our website, saying, "Meemo and Donuts know everything.").

Moliver 01-05-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texdoc2001 (Post 1982687)
MEEMO: I'm sorry to be a pain, but I haven't been able to locate in your posts where you talked about the cortitrim-like supplement you ordered from iherb.com. Would you mind repeating the info and I promise I'll print it off this time to keep. Thanks, kiddo. (I told a friend of mine recently about our website, saying, "Meemo and Donuts know everything.").

Hi Texdoc: it's called Cortisol Support, Weight Loss Formula by 21st Century Health Care