3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Men's NSV - Share yours as they happen. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/279704-mens-nsv-share-yours-they-happen.html)

IanG 06-04-2013 06:07 AM

Wow, Si. Nice one. You're doing some serious distances there and in great times.

accgy 06-15-2013 09:56 PM

Some of my most recent NSVs
Wedding band no longer fits, had to buy an insert as it can't be sized
Pants I bought last year while in vegas which barely fit, then didn't fit are now loose enough that i can take them off without undoing them
A dress shirt I bough 4 years ago that I thought would fit finally fits now and is getting loose
Looked at my wedding picture from last year and now want to take retakes
Tried on a suit jacket I haven't been able to wear in 5 years and now fits me

IanG 06-16-2013 08:09 AM

That's awesome accgy. My wedding ring has been relegated to the drawer. Too loose to wear and I could not stand to lose it. I need to investigate a resizing.

I got into a pair of 32 inch waist pants yesterday. Just. But I always buy tight so I can ungrow into new clothes. They last longer that way.

I also squuezed into a 15.5 inch collar slim fit shirt. I am going to take both for a test ride to work tomorrow.

My collar used to be 19 inches and my waist 44 inches. I have not been this size since I was in my early 20s.

IrishLad91 08-11-2013 10:06 PM

I don't really know if this is a nsv but my friend said someone I see only rarely walked up to him and asked him was I sick or asked did I have diabetes, my friend said no and asked why and he replied "he's gone to nothing from the last time I seen him" then he told him I was on a diet with the last few months and he said "oh, fair play to him".

Is that a nsv or an insult? lol I really don't know.

IanG 08-14-2013 04:48 PM

I get comments like that all the time. It's a crappy compliment. Just forget it.

The best compliments are the ones that are short and sweet without people making a big deal about it. At least for me they are.

Bluejaybythesea 08-17-2013 02:47 PM

Hey guys, I have not been around for a while. Still goin strong though. I am in size 34 pants and Med size shirts and my Body Fat % is 19% which puts me just 5% away from my goal of 14.

Keep chuggin along. I need to get back into some better eating habits so I may start visiting again more often to kick my butt into gear. I'm seeing a lot of you guys are doing wonderfully! I am so happy everyone is still on track and losing :)

IrishLad91 08-17-2013 10:54 PM

Good to see you posting Jay i was wondering where you went off to, i'm really glad you're still flying down the scales, best of luck on cutting to 14%.

slimmingsi 08-18-2013 07:56 AM

Was out this morning and for the first time crossed over the 10mile mark. Only stopped once which was for a pit stop. total time 2hrs 7ms

ShrinkingStudent 08-20-2013 02:45 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum. Just thought i would start of my posting with putting some of my most recent NSV's in here.

1. I can now feel all areas of my abs through what is left of my stomach fat

2. I can fit into XL shirts that are smaller than what i was wearing 7 years ago when i started highschool.

3.Actually hit my overweight mark by the new BMI on 13th of September 2013.

Bluejaybythesea 08-20-2013 03:45 PM

#3 Is totally a NSV dude. I, as well, have hit the overweight mark and am pleased as peach about it! Don't underestimate those small victories.

Kal El 08-20-2013 07:07 PM

Hi. Haven't posted lately. I just started wearing new jeans, size 38. I started at 44. Still have a way to go, but I'm doin' it!

ShrinkingStudent 08-21-2013 12:42 AM

That is a great change Kal El, I would love to be able to note my differences but when i started i was just wearing whatever i could get that fit so i'm not sure were i started lol.

Bluejaybythesea yeah i thought it was pretty close to being a NSV if not one, I also spent the whole day ecstatic about it and telling the people i know interested in my weight lose about it. Didn't really get the full effect as no one knows my starting weight but they still where happy for me.

amandie 09-11-2013 01:17 AM

BJBTS aka Jay, hope all is well with you! Love your avatar!

Kal El 09-12-2013 09:25 AM

On Sunday, I ran a half marathon and beat last year's time by 24 minutes. I'm really happy with myself. I worked really hard for it this Spring/Summer.

IrishLad91 09-12-2013 08:34 PM

I'm officially a large in pants, t shirts, hoodies. Feels good, used to be so ashamed buying 4xl