3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Men's Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner-237/)
-   -   Men's NSV - Share yours as they happen. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mens-corner/279704-mens-nsv-share-yours-they-happen.html)

IrishLad91 04-14-2013 02:40 PM

Men's NSV - Share yours as they happen.

Apologies if there is a men's NSV thread here but i checked over the last 7 pages and didn't find any.

Anyway i'll get the ball rolling, i finally have collar bones that are starting to protrude out, and i keep touching them because i havent been able to feel them like this since i was 8! It's blowing my mind.

IanG 04-14-2013 02:46 PM

I'm still waiting for mine IrishLad!

However, I did fit into a pair of 36 inch waist slim fit trousers yesterday. And I also bought a fitted shirt! Biggies for me.

Spiritman 04-14-2013 03:05 PM

Got the collar bone thing happening as well. Down from size 54-56 pants to a size 46-48. Shirt size has dropped from a 3xlt down to a 2xlt.

Can comfortably sit in chair with arms, more importantly I can get out of the bloody thing without it sticking to my azz.

Have been able to move around much easier without huffing and puffing as much - still a ways to go on that one obviously.

Sitting in my recliner my hips are not touching the arms, same thing with my truck seat my hips aren't touching the door panel and the center console.

Had to purge almost all of my closet - most clothing wasn't fitting.

Went to work and didn't actually wear a sweater vest or some other top over my shirt to try to hide the "rolls". Believe me, the rolls are still there just not as big anymore.

Not snoring as much as reported by DW, actually I seem to be sleeping better than I have in years.

Not taking any acid reflux medication for the last two months.

Actually looking in a mirror - something my DW is telling me I do quite frequently now - to see how good I look not to check how horrible I look or if my clothing is covering me the most/best it can.

Starting to think about the future in terms of what do I look forward to doing when my weight loss journey is completed, not sitting and thinking about all the things I can't/won't be able to do because of my weight.

TheWanderer 04-14-2013 04:12 PM

Congratulations, guys!!!

Spiritman 04-14-2013 04:19 PM

Got another one,

The wife just back from shopping, she picked me up a pair of sweat pants and for the first time in I don't know how long she was able to buy them at a store that did not contain Big or Tall in the name.

joefla70 04-14-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritman (Post 4706141)
Got the collar bone thing happening as well. Down from size 54-56 pants to a size 46-48. Shirt size has dropped from a 3xlt down to a 2xlt.

Can comfortably sit in chair with arms, more importantly I can get out of the bloody thing without it sticking to my azz.

Have been able to move around much easier without huffing and puffing as much - still a ways to go on that one obviously.

Sitting in my recliner my hips are not touching the arms, same thing with my truck seat my hips aren't touching the door panel and the center console.

Had to purge almost all of my closet - most clothing wasn't fitting.

Went to work and didn't actually wear a sweater vest or some other top over my shirt to try to hide the "rolls". Believe me, the rolls are still there just not as big anymore.

Not snoring as much as reported by DW, actually I seem to be sleeping better than I have in years.

Not taking any acid reflux medication for the last two months.

Actually looking in a mirror - something my DW is telling me I do quite frequently now - to see how good I look not to check how horrible I look or if my clothing is covering me the most/best it can.

Starting to think about the future in terms of what do I look forward to doing when my weight loss journey is completed, not sitting and thinking about all the things I can't/won't be able to do because of my weight.

I've done a lot of the things you mentioned. I am currently size 42 pants (from 60 at start). But I am still 2x on the shirts (and I still wear my 4x shirts to work, even if they are too big. Unless they look completely ridiculous, I am going to wear those shirts until I reach my goal! I hate buying intermediate clothes!

Anyway, my most recent NSV is from yesterday. I went to a pool party at a friend's house. The last time I put on a bathing suit was last summer (end of August or early September) when I was just underway on my weight loss plan. I was wearing a size 5x bathing suit. Well, yesterday as I was getting my stuff together to go to the party I realized that I never bought a new bathing suit. But I remembered that my dad brought over a bathing suit for me. But it was just an XL. Well, since I didn't have any other bathing suits to try on, and the 5X suit would be way too big, I tried on the XL to see if I could squeeze into it. Wouldn't you know it... IT FIT... perfectly! I guess if I realized that a size 42 pants roughly equates to an XL, I would have realized this. But this is still foreign to me. Heck, when I go to put on my size 42 pants on I am still in a state of disbelief that they fit me because they still look small to me compare to what I used to wear.

Other NSVs:

Found hip bone.

Not sweating profusely as a result of ANY physical exertion. (I used to sweat after taking a shower when I was putting my clothes on! Although, in my partial defense, I DO take extremely hot showers.)

My feet don't kill me after walking long distances.

I am not afraid to sit in other people's lawn chairs out of fear I will break them. (I had your same issue with chairs sticking to my azz too).

I can go to any restaurant or party and not feel the least bit tempted to eat something that will deviate from my plan. And if I choose to eat something I wouldn't normally eat, I can limit myself.

BillBlueEyes 04-14-2013 05:05 PM

Great NSV: I overheard DW tell a friend she wanted to buy the spice cake on sale but . . . since Bill wouldn't eat any, she didn't.

Spiritman 04-14-2013 05:26 PM

Well done gentlemen. two weeks ago I sat in a booth at a restaurant without having to "wedge" myself in between the seat back and the table - It was nice not having a roll laying on top of the table and a roll spilling out underneath the table while being pinched in the middle by the edge of the table. It was especially nice not having to squirm around trying to extricate myself when I left. With all the other patrons stealing glances and secretly hoping I would get stuck so they could see first hand the fire department cutting me out with the jaws of life.

IanG 04-15-2013 10:31 AM

Today my phone called me fat! Specifically, it told me I was Class I obese.

This is fantastic news because yesterday I was Class II obese and when I started this journey I was morbidly obese.

Now looking forward to being overweight but to get there I'll need to go to ONE-derland first.

Bluejaybythesea 04-15-2013 11:32 PM

indeed buddy I am coutin down the days... I am 2 lbs form the 2-teens and can't wait it just means I'm that much closer to one-derland.

Bluejaybythesea 04-23-2013 08:46 PM

Any new NSVs this week? If anyone recalls I once stated that fitting into 38 size pants was a big deal because of my body shape. Well today I can officially state with complete confidence that I now fit into size 38 pants. I spent the majority of the afternoon wondering around Macy*s and SEARS trying on clothes I had zero intention of buying to feed my good feelings.

Bluejaybythesea 06-01-2013 02:17 AM

Hey guys have not has an NSV for a while. I have a new one which is an extension of the old one. I fit into (very well) 36s now and even went ahead and bought some 34s that fit, just are a little tight. I have never been able to get into 34s, ever. I think I am smaller now than I was when i graduated high school.

Fit dad 2b 06-01-2013 10:45 PM

Bluejay that is awesome 36's and smaller than "high school you"!!!

My nsv today came while shopping for running shirts. I have one "tech" type shirt that I love to use for running - it's light, cool and comfortable. I always use it for my first run of the week, and then it's cashed. So today at Target, I took some xxl's into the dressing room hoping they would fit (I'm a xxl in my other t-shirts, but these tech workout tees always seem to run small). Well they didn't fit, they were too f'in BIG - I had to go back for some xl's!!

Bluejaybythesea 06-02-2013 12:20 AM

Fit_Dad_2b: That's great! Grats on that awesome NSV. I think the best feeling is when you kinda forget you're losing weight then go buy clothes and get a surprise like that.

slimmingsi 06-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quite a few to name, Yesterday did my first non stop 8miler in 94mins.

Last week i managed to purchase 2x GAP jeans off the shelf!

PB over 5k 30:44 last week.

PB over 10k 1:11:48 Early May.

Been Gluten free for 3 full weeks.

IanG 06-04-2013 06:07 AM

Wow, Si. Nice one. You're doing some serious distances there and in great times.

accgy 06-15-2013 09:56 PM

Some of my most recent NSVs
Wedding band no longer fits, had to buy an insert as it can't be sized
Pants I bought last year while in vegas which barely fit, then didn't fit are now loose enough that i can take them off without undoing them
A dress shirt I bough 4 years ago that I thought would fit finally fits now and is getting loose
Looked at my wedding picture from last year and now want to take retakes
Tried on a suit jacket I haven't been able to wear in 5 years and now fits me

IanG 06-16-2013 08:09 AM

That's awesome accgy. My wedding ring has been relegated to the drawer. Too loose to wear and I could not stand to lose it. I need to investigate a resizing.

I got into a pair of 32 inch waist pants yesterday. Just. But I always buy tight so I can ungrow into new clothes. They last longer that way.

I also squuezed into a 15.5 inch collar slim fit shirt. I am going to take both for a test ride to work tomorrow.

My collar used to be 19 inches and my waist 44 inches. I have not been this size since I was in my early 20s.

IrishLad91 08-11-2013 10:06 PM

I don't really know if this is a nsv but my friend said someone I see only rarely walked up to him and asked him was I sick or asked did I have diabetes, my friend said no and asked why and he replied "he's gone to nothing from the last time I seen him" then he told him I was on a diet with the last few months and he said "oh, fair play to him".

Is that a nsv or an insult? lol I really don't know.

IanG 08-14-2013 04:48 PM

I get comments like that all the time. It's a crappy compliment. Just forget it.

The best compliments are the ones that are short and sweet without people making a big deal about it. At least for me they are.

Bluejaybythesea 08-17-2013 02:47 PM

Hey guys, I have not been around for a while. Still goin strong though. I am in size 34 pants and Med size shirts and my Body Fat % is 19% which puts me just 5% away from my goal of 14.

Keep chuggin along. I need to get back into some better eating habits so I may start visiting again more often to kick my butt into gear. I'm seeing a lot of you guys are doing wonderfully! I am so happy everyone is still on track and losing :)

IrishLad91 08-17-2013 10:54 PM

Good to see you posting Jay i was wondering where you went off to, i'm really glad you're still flying down the scales, best of luck on cutting to 14%.

slimmingsi 08-18-2013 07:56 AM

Was out this morning and for the first time crossed over the 10mile mark. Only stopped once which was for a pit stop. total time 2hrs 7ms

ShrinkingStudent 08-20-2013 02:45 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum. Just thought i would start of my posting with putting some of my most recent NSV's in here.

1. I can now feel all areas of my abs through what is left of my stomach fat

2. I can fit into XL shirts that are smaller than what i was wearing 7 years ago when i started highschool.

3.Actually hit my overweight mark by the new BMI on 13th of September 2013.

Bluejaybythesea 08-20-2013 03:45 PM

#3 Is totally a NSV dude. I, as well, have hit the overweight mark and am pleased as peach about it! Don't underestimate those small victories.

Kal El 08-20-2013 07:07 PM

Hi. Haven't posted lately. I just started wearing new jeans, size 38. I started at 44. Still have a way to go, but I'm doin' it!

ShrinkingStudent 08-21-2013 12:42 AM

That is a great change Kal El, I would love to be able to note my differences but when i started i was just wearing whatever i could get that fit so i'm not sure were i started lol.

Bluejaybythesea yeah i thought it was pretty close to being a NSV if not one, I also spent the whole day ecstatic about it and telling the people i know interested in my weight lose about it. Didn't really get the full effect as no one knows my starting weight but they still where happy for me.

amandie 09-11-2013 01:17 AM

BJBTS aka Jay, hope all is well with you! Love your avatar!

Kal El 09-12-2013 09:25 AM

On Sunday, I ran a half marathon and beat last year's time by 24 minutes. I'm really happy with myself. I worked really hard for it this Spring/Summer.

IrishLad91 09-12-2013 08:34 PM

I'm officially a large in pants, t shirts, hoodies. Feels good, used to be so ashamed buying 4xl

ShrinkingStudent 11-10-2013 02:29 AM

Had a fair few NSV's of late as I've rejoined the social bar scene.

However the most hilarious one happened last night, when I forgot that the jeans I had chosen to wear out that night where an old pair that used to fit really well and would keep my wallet securely in my back pocket. Well that was not the case at all last night when as I was leaving I noticed I had lost my wallet, luckily it only had $13.20 in it and someone returned it to the police.

I think this will be the main NSV I remember from my weight loss journey lol.

ShrinkingStudent 12-14-2013 10:14 PM

New NSV update, went shoping on saturday and am now in a 36" waist down from 46" at start and L shirts down from 3XL at the start.

BillBlueEyes 12-15-2013 05:17 AM

Congrats on those new sizes - it's just fun to be able to buy clothes from the normal stacks instead of crawling around to the back for the super sizes.