Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #1  

Question How was your January?

Well, guys January is almost over. Some of us are just starting our programs, others are well on their way.
I am new here and just started my program. I plan on posting here daily. How did you do this month? Any "false starts"? Did you keep faithful to your exercise program? If you slipped on your diet, did you jump right back on?
Our forum isn't as active as I hoped. But I hope people will start logging in more frequently. Let's show the chicks we are serious.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #2  
Newbie on the Block

S/C/G: 365/322/250

Height: 6'1"

January wasn't too bad, actually.

Weight loss won't be known for a couple of days (I limit how often I step on the scale) but it definitely feels like it went pretty well.

It's still early days (well, for this attempt, anyway) but am regaining the knowledge of what a 2000cal day looks like and forcing myself to track and learn from what I'm eating and what I'm doing.

I have other goals that aren't weight-related (well, I tend to think just about everything with me that I need to work on stems back to weight) and they're going pretty well also.

The true test will come in the 2 months ahead. First off, history has shown I can do anything for a month... the follow-through is critical. Also, I travel a LOT for work, especially in Q1 - so my attention to this will be interesting to see. I've put some barriers in place for myself to help me stay on track... so am remaining optimistic and steadfast.

Out of curiosity - anyone else trying to make some improvements independent of their weight/health?

Cheers,
atomic
Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Since I lost weight & didn't gain I guess its fair to say that January was pretty successful, its definitely a good start & I'm still motivated & pointed in the right direction. Thumbs up at this point!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 420 324.6/Ticker/250

Height: 6

Well my "diet" lasted a whole day, but now it's a new month and a new start. Am hoping that joining here with you guys/gals will help me to stay motivated.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

My January was solid. I just got through looking at the statistics.

13 pounds lost;
1.5 inches around my middle lost;
3% body fat lost;

Daily average intake was 2006 calories, daily average out was 3107. These are a little off as there were 4 days last month that I couldn't track because I was either away from home eating out, or I couldn't get good information for. But for the most part, except for one day, I did pretty much what I planned.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

LeonC I do use one of those special scales. It's an Omron model, but I don't recall which one. I also have the calipers and have used them, but they are tricky to get used to and once your body fat gets so high, they're pretty difficult to use accurately. The scale isn't bad, I've done both to compare and it's usually pretty close. And I'm really more interested in the difference between the starting percentage and the current percentage at this point. Once I get some this fat off, I will likely use the calipers a bit more to check the accuracy of the scale. The thing about BF% is that it goes a lot slower. I think a 1/2% BF is like 2 pounds of fat on average. So it takes longer to see results. However, the results are very gratifying when you do see them.
Closed Thread