Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #1  

Default Lost ten pounds in fiirst five days

I am 22 years old and am 6 foot 1 inch tall and was 260 pounds. I figured if I dont start now I will have to look like a cow through beach season so I got off my rump. First of all, I hate excersize so i dont do it and it is not part of my success. I simply have experienced that salads and hardcore starve yourself to death diets don't last long and the weight comes back quicker than the time it took to lose it.

What I have been doing for nearly a week now is eating 2 moderately sized meals a day. Ive eaten fried chicken, lasagna, even pizza and steak. I am one of those guys who loves the entree in a meal so usually i dont have a side and have a bigger helping of entree. Of course the entree tastes better so naturally it is the most caloric and fattening. With the pizza I had 2 slices as a meal. Or just one steak sandwich on a kaiser role as a meal. For dinner I spread it out with a can of whole kernel corn which is only 200 cals for a whole can. I probably eat 600 to 700 calories in a meal for dinner and closer to 500 when I eat lunch. I am eating a smaller portion at lunch. And about 2 hours after dinner a make a homemade Strawberry, Rasberry, Blueberry, Banana smoothie. And 3 packets of sweet and low gives it a taste and keeps the sugar out. And that is all. Dinner is usually at 7 and the smoothie is at nine and lunch is at midday. I know people will say 6 or 7 small meals in a day. But if your overweight then you obviously dont eat small and being around the food that many times in a day and eating very little is unrealistic. Its about calories. For five days I have been probably only eating 1500 calories a day. Yeah there are hunger pains between meals but at least you get to eat what you like. Not a crappy diet tv dinner or a salad that leaves you hungrier than before you ate. Your tatse buds are satisfied and I personlly like the hunger pains. It means the diet is working. Everytime your stomach burns that means you are losing weight. I actually get discouraged when I dont feel the pain now.

Weight loss is freaky. I have learned not to live by the scale because the scale will rip your heart out. Last night before bed I was 254, after a days eating. This morning i am 250. You can lose real pounds in a single bowel movement so dont be a slave to the scale. I know I wont have this success next week. The first ten is easy, its that next 20 that tests your resolve. I had a new years resolution to lose weight and it took me till near march to be serious. The way I look at it, this diet is my last chance to look good for the beach If i fail this one then i won't try it again for at least several months. And in those months I will probably gain ten pounds and make it even harder. So when I get discouraged or dont feel like I can make it. I have to remember that it is now or never and I am serious. Also If the hunger pain is particularly bad then have a cool refreshing mentholyptic Carolina smoke. Believe me it helps. And cancer is slower than a heart attack so pick your devil.
p2breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #2  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm sure a lot of people are going to comment but I'll be the first to say that this is an ineffective and dangerous way to lose weight and I think you're a troll... But that aside...

This initial lost of poundage could be many things, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't mostly lean tissue and water weight by the sound of your diet. Nobody loses 4 pounds of fat overnight, you're seeing daily fluctuations in bowel content and hydration. Hunger pains are also not an indicator that "a diet is working." It is however a good indicator that you are starving yourself. Corn is also a grain btw, not a vegetable so I would really reconsider using it as part of your dinner every night.

Also... I know you're saying cancer is slower than a heart attack but I can guarantee that the smoke and your fatty diet are going to contribute to both. This isn't an either or situation, this is just which one gets to you first.

Starting a healthy life style doesn't mean that you have to starve yourself, many here will argue that it's about finding foods that are tasty without being calorically dense, finding a good balance between the bad and the good food, and learning a sustainable program are going to be the keys to weight loss. I would really consider looking around the forum and learning about how your body ACTUALLY works. Your program sounds like a fast way to get into the grave and you don't have to be hungry all the time to lose weight.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameZombie View Post
I'm sure a lot of people are going to comment but I'll be the first to say that this is an ineffective and dangerous way to lose weight and I think you're a troll.
^agreed with whole post. This line in particular.

But, if you are truly here with the intent to give and get support, then I would say that it would be wise to keep an open mind and seek professional expertise to get things started. A nutritionist would certainly be an eye-opener.

If you need some time to work up to that, dive into the amount of information that is available here. Again with an open mind. Knowledge is invaluable to your success and health -- and based on your proclamation, I'd be concerned.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Learning how to eat small meals throughout the day is part of this journey for many of us.

That being said VEGGIES are a great help against cancer soooo I wouldn't rule them out.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Yeah the opening post for this was more than a little awful...
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

Nope. Not buying it. On my harshest crash diets (one meal a day) I can't remember ever losing more than 3 pounds a week.

8/10 of a percent of body weight per week is decent progress for most people, and is sustainable over time. So from 260, to lose 2 pounds sounds reasonable ... but not 10.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Well over the month of march i lost 21 pounds...pretty much 4.5-5 lbs per week...
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #8  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I'm not trying to argumentative but on some of my best weeks i've come close, this week it's 7 or 8, but i'm a machine.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #9  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thinking that you make a key point with
Quote:
The first ten is easy, its that next 20 that tests your resolve.
Here at the one month point, hoping you check in and share how it's going as the old resolve gets tested.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

I lost 11 lbs on my first week, but 8 of that was water and fluid. Since then I have averaged 4-5 lbs a week approx. down 40 lbs in 8 weeks now which would be similiar loss to user therightweigh.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote