Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 302.58/281.08/200.00

Height: 6"

Guys hi,

I have been looking around this site for a week or so, and have decided to join the forum, as I see great things happening here.

I am one of those people who has tried every diet there is, but with no success to date.

I started dieting on 11 July 2011, and have lost 15.68 pounds to date. Slow progress, but getting me to my ultimate goal of losing 100 pounds. This will be the last diet I ever undertake, hence the title of my blog http://www.mylastdietever.com

If this does not work, I am going to resign myself to being overweight.

One thing I must say is that I am happy to find a "men's corner". It seems that men either don't diet or are ashamed to admit to doing so. Every diet site seems to be geared toward women [love you, ladies], so finding a site where men can share their dieting experiences is quite a rarity.

I will be back, trawling the forums for any and all things motivational to keep my eye on the ball.

Take care.

Wayne
WayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 310/241/200

Height: 6' 1"

Howdy and Welcome Wayne

Nice to have you here and congratulations on your weight loss.

I gotta admit you have me a little nervous for you with your Custard's last stand on weight loss. Not to trying to be a wet towel or anything but at least anecdotally my weight problems have occured cyclically during my entire life and I am glad I never really resigned myself to lifelong obesity. Yeah, there have been periods it felt like I should but eventually I would get back on the horse and get on with things. I think this is a vaulable lesson from the ladies who seem to keep perservering no matter how difficult or slow weight loss is. Unfortunately I think as guys we like to see things as all or nothing and if it's something it be better happen pronto.

Last edited by jandro; 09-30-2011 at 01:00 PM.
jandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 302.58/281.08/200.00

Height: 6"

Thank you for the kind welcome Jandro,

I may have to re-phrase what I said about accepting that I am going to remain over weight if the current diet I am on is not a success.

I am sure that wont be the case, but the fact of the matter is that if you have been carrying around so much extra weight for your entire adult life, it becomes so much a part of you that you don't notice it anymore.

I have lost less than 20 pounds in almost twelve weeks of dieting; it just does not seem fast enough.

This is where the doubt kicks in; do I carry on, because at this rate I will only reach my goal weight by October 2013.

Even though I am well aware that dieting and weight loss are long term issues, 2013 seems very far away.

I will however stick to my diet as long as it takes, as I guess the ultimate goal is a lifestyle change, which will automatically also change my whole relationship with food.

Got to go and have that apple now!

Take care.
WayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello I'm new here

Starting over for the millionth time. So far have avoided the left over Halloween candy people have left out. I really like my sugar, my beer, and large portions. Hoping to re-set my taste buds. I eat a lot of vegetables, and exercise 2-4 times a week, just eat a lot of crap, too.
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #65  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Jim (BuffJim) and

Big Kudos for standing down the leftover Halloween candy.

Do you already have a food plan and exercise plan?
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

"Do you already have a food plan and exercise plan? "

I'm in boot camp that meets two days a week for 45 minutes at work. It is extremely intense both Cardio and Strength training. Other than that I am a member of a gym, but haven't been there a lot lately. Also walk several times a week.

As far as diet, I am planning to free lance, and stick to principles that will work for me. I recently got the audio book of Joy Bauer's Fit Life program. If I can't do it on my own, maybe I'll try her program.
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

I don't feel like making a separate thread, but thought it was worth posting that I'm right at the threshold of making my goal !

Usually I'm "good" on the weekends (can get away from the routine of eating a full breakfast and lunch, and exercise more). Then I creep back up a little bit during the week.

Scale was at 209 this morning, so I'm almost willing to "call it". I figure I'll drift back above the goal weight by next weekend (which will also be an early Thanksgiving with relatives) so I'm going to at least get through that before mentally confirming this...
:

This has taken a year, but I do feel like I've ingrained better eating habits, and will be sustainable.

Last edited by darway; 11-13-2011 at 10:20 AM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #68  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Good for you man! Seems that floating around your goal is not a big deal. Just pay attention and don't let it creep up on you again.
Seems odd to say that 200 lbs crept up on me but that's what happened. I've gained about 10 lbs per year over the last 20 years. Just not paying attention or worrying about it. That's changing now though.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #69  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on creeping up to goal!!!
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote