Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Diet after Medifast

I am seriously considering doing the Medifast diet. I find that breakfast and lunch are my most trying meals, so I usually eat anything that's fast and easy, which usually is the stuff that's not good for you. Dinner is never a problem for me.

My main concern with doing the Medifast diet is what happpens when you stop the diet? How does Medifast help you to continue to maintain your healthy weight?

I am a little concerned that after medifast I may gain all my weight back due to eatting solid foods again.

Answers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
~Sneeks

edit : do you find medifast easy to do at work for breakfast and lunch?

Last edited by Sneeks; 02-04-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: ANOTHER QUESTION PLEASE
Sneeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It is just my opinion, but for long term weight loss you would be better off figuring out healthy breakfasts, lunches that you can prepare quickly for the rest of your life. Otherwise, you might get done with medifast and have few healthy habits/plans in place to maintaing your weight loss! As a disclaimer, I have never used medifast

Good luck with your weight loss goals, always think long term!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

To answer your questions, you will ease into maintenance once you reach the amount you want to lose. Depending on how much you lose,you will be assigned a number of weeks that you have to stay on maintenance and the exact structure of it... It seems very feasible to me!

I also thought that after Medifast I would adopt the guidelines of the 3 Hour diet!

Just my thoughts on that... I am still very far from even thinking about maintenance
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Medifast has quite a structured transition & maintenance plan to help your body gradually get used to the higher carbs found in fruits, dairy & veggies not included during the diet phase. From what I have observed, those who immediately jumped back to their old eating habits did gain weight back & were not successful. One of the great things about Medifast is that it does teach you to eat proper portions & make good food choices. It is just that when you reach goal you have a larger group of good food choices to pick from.

Remember, Medifast does not have to be a liquid diet unless you choose only to have shakes as your Medifast meals. And you do have your healthy meal of lean protein & nonstarch veggies so it is not like you are giving up food.

The Medifast program allows you to have your meals in any order/type that you wish meaning if you want pudding for breakfast & oatmeal for lunch that's fine. You can also pick the meals that you like & just have those. Some people like to have a lot of shakes. I chose a daily menu that closely would mimic what I would do when not on Medifast meaning I usually have the Medifast oatmeal or scrambled eggs for breakfast & Medifast soup for lunch. My other Medifast meals were a combination of shakes, cocoa & pudding.

I think it would be easy to do at work. Making/eating oatmeal may not be doable at your job but you could easily make one of the muffin or bread recipes. Soup at lunchtime would be easy too. I think this was probably the easiest diet I have ever tried. Good luck in whatever program you chose to follow.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

This is the easiest plan I have ever done. It works great for work! I have my bottom desk drawer full of shakes and soups. I make a salad, make a soup and there is my lunch. Breakfast is oatmeal, or I LOVE the capucino.

Try it, you will not regret it! I said that I was going to give it a "try" and this program has changed my life. I have stopped taking 3 prescriptions medicines, have more energy than I could ever have imagined, and I am excited to get up in the morning!
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeks View Post
My main concern with doing the Medifast diet is what happpens when you stop the diet? How does Medifast help you to continue to maintain your healthy weight?

I am a little concerned that after medifast I may gain all my weight back due to eatting solid foods again.

do you find medifast easy to do at work for breakfast and lunch?
I did MF 22 years ago and maintained my weight for 3 years after which I spent the better part of a year pregnant with my youngest. Following that third pregnancy, I returned to goal weight quickly without "dieting" and maintained my weight for several years more. My later weight gain was the result of a combination of medical issues and lifestyle changes.

This time I have no concern about my ability to maintain after reaching my goal because I had no problem maintaining my post-MF weight for several years—and another pregnancy.

As for breakfast and lunch, I hate breakfast food, so I'm perfectly happy to have a shake instead, but lunch is an important social time for me at work, so I have my L&G for lunch each day instead of dinner.

oshvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #7  

Default My medifast experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeks View Post
I am seriously considering doing the Medifast diet. I find that breakfast and lunch are my most trying meals, so I usually eat anything that's fast and easy, which usually is the stuff that's not good for you. Dinner is never a problem for me.

Answers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
~Sneeks

edit : do you find medifast easy to do at work for breakfast and lunch?
I was on medifast for 5 mos. I spent 2,000 to lose 27 lbs. Cost of food was 90.00 per week + lean and green meals. There was no discussion of how to eat without Medifast. I tried it on my own. 2 mos off the diet and the weight is coming back on. They'll tell you how to keep the weight off, but it's 150.00. This really infuriated me. I feel duped.
joniandbella01 is offline   Reply With Quote