Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #1  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Take a Break- to eat something?

Who knew taking breaks to eat something would be so hard? You'd think taking breaks to eat something would be the best part of my day! I have even set a timer to remind myself to take breaks. Most days, though, I''m so busy I can't just drop everything for a "meal". I have come to appreciate shakes so I can quickly chug something in the hall (I'm not allowed to have food/beverage in my work area).

Sometimes it's easy because I'm hungry. Sometimes, it's not easy because I'm busy and I just don't feel hungry. It's pretty amazing how not hungry I am on Medifast.

How does everyone handle breaks and getting the calories, especially if you just can't take a break to eat as frequently as Medifast says you should?
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/274/170

Height: 5'8"

It's my second round w/TSFL and today is day 2 for me.

I work at a desk job, and sometimes want to eat something, to break the monotony of my boring job. I'm an emotional eater as well...I want to eat when I'm happy, sad, excited, bored, tired!

I feel so bad, that you cannot have any food or drinks in your work area. That would be difficult!

I do love the ready to drink shakes, bars, puffs and pretzels, so I can eat when driving. Also, if I'm in court and we have a busy day, I can always down the RTD or a bar pretty quickly!

I eat every 3 hours, practically on the dot.
tk421beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421beth View Post
I feel so bad, that you cannot have any food or drinks in your work area. That would be difficult!
It's good in the sense that I can't snack or munch mindlessly. What's bad is that I can't have a cup of coffee, or even have my water nearby.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/274/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinieten View Post
It's good in the sense that I can't snack or munch mindlessly. What's bad is that I can't have a cup of coffee, or even have my water nearby.
Agreed, the food nearby all day isn't so bad, but no water...ugh!!
tk421beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I always ate my MF meals on a schedule: 8am, 10am, noon, 3pm, 6pm (Lean and Green), and 8pm. You get in the habit then. The easiest ways to get them in, for me, were the ready-to-drink shakes (can drink in a minute). If I was pressed for time I could eat a bar pretty quickly too with a bottle of water. They do discourage eating quickly but sometimes you have to, and it is better than skipping a meal.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Scheduling mine made it possible to get it all in. Water is key and I always have it with me.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

I set my timer for regular breaks 8, 11, 2. The last one is flexible, depending on my schedule. If I manage to cut away, I cut away. I rely heavily on shakes and drinks. Sometimes I end up having 2 at the same time, to get the calories in. It's nuts to try to stop and eat that often!

Last edited by twinieten; 01-16-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #8  

I agree that sometimes we just forget to eat because we aren't hungry. The one thing I've experienced so far is that I am very thirsty. So, for you to not be able to have water in your work area, would be very difficult. I guess you will have to schedule drink breaks more frequently and try to get your meals in every 3 hrs. Hopefully you don't work 12 hour shifts or 24 hour shifts. Good luck with your scheduling.
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote