Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.5/168/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default best tasting food to order? 1st time ordering?

Hi. After trolling the boards and doing my research and being tired of eating out of control-Im going to order today and they said I will have it by Thursday the latest. Any recommendations of food that are tasty or ones not really enjoyed? Thanks-Amy
amyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203 / 189 / 140

Height: 5'3

Welcome!

I personally like the bars (chocolate and peanut), Oatmeal (maple and brown sugar), Pancakes, Hot Cocoa (and add a teaspoon of instant coffee to make a mocha), chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, brownies, puddings are alright ...

Stay away from the snacks (Parmesan puffs, BBQ Bites), southwest eggs, sloppy joe and the cappuccino.

Just remember that at first most things will taste off to you but, try it again a few days later ... your taste changes once on the diet after a few days or weeks.

Good luck!!!!
Veronicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #3  

I agree with the bars (PB Crunch for the win!!) but also really like the ready to drink mocha shakes. Personally I like the original eggs but I add a half ounce of cheese and a half tsp of chili paste to them.

If you order at least $250 from the tsfl sight right now you'll get free shipping and 28 free meals. It does put you on an auto enroll though so you have to be able to manage that.

I think most of the "off" taste is the extra fiber they add. You might want to also pick up some anti-gas pills for your first few weeks.

Last edited by kjsspot; 02-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.
kjsspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #4  

So you can add condiments and spices? I was trying to find that out from the medifast1 website and could find it-

Im going to definetly but pb bars on my list. I wanted to try the eggs. I have read good things about the chocolate shakes-
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #5  

Yup. Here's the quick start guide. Scroll down and you'll find it talking about condiments.

http://www.medifastmedia.com/tsfl/do...tart_guide.pdf

And the cheese is part of the lean/meatless options.

http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/...tions_list.pdf
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #6  

mmMMmmm This morning I made the Original eggs with a dash of tabasco, dill, and a half ounce of this strong irish cheddar I have. Very tasty! I fry in a non-stick pan with a dusting of Pam. I stir with a rubber spatula. I don't microwave them.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

The PB Bar is definitely good. The others are not terrible but have a gritty texture that requires a lot more chewing and that gets old fast. PB Bar though...none of that.

CHocolate pudding is my second fave. Its probably a C- compared to regular pudding but its an A+ to me on this diet LOL.

The shakes seem to be pretty good...and the soft serve ice cream.

chicken noodle soup was not too bad.

People seem to love the brownies but I am not on board...not as chocolatey tasting as I expected...I will try one in the oven next time to see how that goes.
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #8  

I ordered the egg, bars, dutch choc shake, veggy chili and oatmeal. A friend gave me 2 packets of pancakes ,sloppy joe, vanilla shake and banana pudding each. I have about 9 days worth and will see what I like.

Any hints about preparing what Ive got? Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

I just follow the directions on the packet...I bet there are some people who have some tricks to make things a little better but I am still a rookie at this.

Oh I had a banana shake this morning and it was GOOD.
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/168/125

Height: 5'4

I love the smores bar, peanut butter bar, and the cinnamon roll bar is the best. The chocolate shakes are good and the spice pancakes....oh and the brown sugar cereal which I eat dry.
SaraSweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/194/145

My favs so far (9 days in, FWIW):

S'mores bars
PB crunch bars
Honey Mustard Pretzels
Spice pancakes (with SF syrup)
Chocolate Chip soft bake
Brownie soft bake
Mac and cheese (made with 3 oz. water, not 4)
Dutch Chocolate shakes
Chocolate pudding (frozen for about an hour)

Things that I had to exchange because they really hurt my stomach:
chili
sloppy joe
chicken noodle soup
(they all have those soy crumbles in them so I'm guessing they're the culprit).

Keep in mind, OP, you can exchange anything you don't like for something you do, provided you only ate one package out of the box (and pay shipping back).
dweedledee is offline   Reply With Quote