Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #1  

Default tempted to go back

I joined a medifast center back in December and fell off the wagon soon thereafter. They call me about once a week and try to get me to come in. I am tempted to go back especially since I already paid for the plan~ minus the weekly food of course. Money is tight but they claim they can help me work out a program that involves only 2 medi meals a day.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

You "fell off" for a reason. While it is a shame that you paid full for the plan, less the products, you have to think about what it was that caused you to lose interest in that plan. 2 medi meals....is that what you were doing in the first place? Do you think the price for success would be worth it? These are the things you need to consider.

If the program wasn't sustainable for you, in my opinion it isn't the program for you. On the other hand, if it is a quick means to an end, and then you have to learn to maintain, and can continue to maintain, it might be worth it "in the short run".

I am of the feeling that if I had 100 pounds to lose, I could be tempted by such a program that takes the guesswork out of it and works quickly. At 20/30 pounds to lose, I would rather do it "the old fashioned way" and find a food program that is sustainable through maintenance.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

jeanies, are you sure it's a Medifast center? There is another program called Medi-Weightloss--is that what you tried? I ask because I have never heard of eating 2 "medi-meals" a day on Medifast.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #4  

Jay
It is definitely a Medifast Center.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, that's odd, is all I can say. "Medi-meals" doesn't sound right. Do you mean Lean & Green? Sorry I can't be more help. I have no experience with the centers.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #6  

Oops my mistake calling them "medi- meals" they are the medifast meals. Initially I was on the 4-2 plan, but when I told them I could no longer afford that they told me they could have me do two of their meals. I didn't go into detail with them regarding what this would entail as I wasn't sure I wanted to go back.

Last edited by jeanies; 02-20-2012 at 07:31 PM.