Old 05-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #1  
Summertime is time for me

S/C/G: 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Default hello. I am new here

After a lot of thought and research I chose Medifast.

I introduced myself on the main page but since I just ordered one month of Medifast, I thought I should jump in here too.

I'll be back when my shipment arrives.

Summer
101days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Hope to hear more from you! Medifast takes the thought out of most of the day--and that's a good thing. The first few days are rough, but stick with it--it does get better!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  

Hiya! Be sure to read, read, read the forums. There are many helpful tips and heads-ups about what to expect and how to make it better.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #4  

Thanks JayEll and SpinDizzie. I have been reading the forums all night. I am excited to see that my package has already been shipped and it should arrive tomorrow.
I did Atkins before and lost interest fast. I hope the prepared meals make things easier with MF. The Lean and Green part will be easy because I love that type of meal. My biggest problem is stress eating and binge eating at night.
I really think I can tackle this weight
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good luck!

I've been on Medifast for 5 weeks, and it's starting to become habit now. I like that there is a lot of structure - if you're cheating, you darn well know you are. I've had some success with South Beach Diet, but it's easy to cheat on that. I love that I still get to eat real food once a day. The lack of real food is what burnt me out on Nutrisystem. I won't say Medifast is easy, but it is not complicated, and the fast results keep me motivated. I don't want to cheat most of the time.

Keep looking around - there's lots of tips for meal prep and improving taste.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Good luck! I'm currently on week 3 and just placed an order for another month's worth of food.

If you've been reading the forums, you should have come across some of the tips, but the ones I found most useful are in regard to preparing the food:
1~soup: mix and cook and let it sit before you eat it (that way all the veggies/rice, etc. get rehydrated and aren't so crunchy). I actually fix mine the night before--while fixing my lean and green--and then put it in a leftover container for work the next day.
2~eggs: don't even attempt to do them in the microwave! Mine turned out with hard lumps and runny ickiness! I do mine like regular scrambled eggs and they're good.

Anyway, again, good luck. It really is easy and having the lean and green each night takes away any kind of monotony. Let us know if you have questions!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/117/ 113 to 118

Height: 5' 1"

Welcome 101. I've been on MF since May 3. It's working great for me and now that the first week is over, it's a refreshing break from night time overeating and feeling bad later and the next morning. I'm excited for a more structured transition to maintenance that MF will provide (compared with WW). Take care and glad you are here and reading a lot.
gardengirlkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #8  
Fluffy but Battle-Ready

S/C/G: 251.4/235.0/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey peeps! I'm new, too. I'm on Day 12 of my Medifast journey. Thought I'd piggy-back on someone else's Newb thread.
MairsieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/198/160

Height: 5'9

This will be the piggy-back thread

I'm new too, fairly. I started medifast a month ago exactly, and I'm down 17 lbs! Woohoo!

I'm loving the program, not feeling deprived or the urge to cheat. The first ~3-5 days were a little bit of a different story, but still, not bad.
godown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #10  

I had a little bit of a stall in week #3 and didn't lose but one pound. I'm hoping it's just TOM and that next week I'll see as many as 4 or 5 gone. I'm almost 1/3 of the way back to goal and I'm hoping I get it done by mid July. We'll see.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #11  

Default Day one

Hello everyone. As I mentioned in another post, I started MF today.

So far Day#1 is going well. But I am so so so tired. I can not stop yawning.
The food is ok....I have had worse. Drinking water is easy because I already have a habit of drinking a lot of water.
I am having grilled chicken breast and steamed spinach for dinner. I am going to keep it simple for a few days.

Riddy, alinnell, godown, MairsieD, gardengirlkp Thanks for the welcome....it's great to meet so many people who are new on the plan. I had thought MF was not as popular as it was 10 years ago.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #12  

101days~I'm rooting for you!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/198/160

Height: 5'9

Allison, 1/3rd of the way! That's awesome!! Congrats! I had a week where I only lost a pound too, but I think it was because I started back at the gym.

101days, I was super tired the first few days too, but it does get better, promise. I've actually had trouble the past couple of weeks getting all my meals in because I feel full all the time. Never, ever thought I'd say that when I started. What food have you had so far?
godown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by godown View Post
Allison, 1/3rd of the way! That's awesome!! Congrats! I had a week where I only lost a pound too, but I think it was because I started back at the gym.

101days, I was super tired the first few days too, but it does get better, promise. I've actually had trouble the past couple of weeks getting all my meals in because I feel full all the time. Never, ever thought I'd say that when I started. What food have you had so far?
First Day-
Blueberry Oatmeal and a cup of Tea w/splenda,
Banana Shake,
Beef Stew,
Raspberry Tea,
Grilled Chicken on a bed of Steamed Spinach and Mushrooms,
Chai Tea

I'll get used to the manufactured taste. The raspberry tea wasn't too bad. The shake was a bit hard to finish. The Oatmeal needs help and the Stew tasted like babyfood. The Chai was ok.
I didn't buy any bars because I am afraid they might be too tempting. I'll wait till I have my willpower is fully charged.

Last edited by 101days; 05-29-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #15  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

101 -
The food does seem to taste better the more times you eat it. Definitely take advantage of seasonings - I think all the soups benefit from adding some garlic/pepper/hot sauce and sometimes even a little salt.

When making shakes at home, I really like to add some ice cubes - my stick blender will crush the ice, so I didn't need to buy a bullet blender. For shakes at work, I bought a glass shaker jar with a built in mixing disk. I make the shake ahead of time and stick it in the fridge - it gets thicker as it sits. I didn't like the banana at all - ended up trading it with a friend.

Cocoa powder is my new favorite condiment. I've gone through about 1/2 a can in the last 6 weeks.

Keep up the good work!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote