Non-Medifast Brand Foods For Substitution

You're on Page 4 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: restarting Medifast, work crazy 12 hour shifts as nurse, sometimes find it hard to eat, any suggestions with eating "on the go"
    I don't know if this is the advice you are looking for, but I have learned to make the meals before hand. For instance the shakes/puddings go in a shaker cup with a lid. The soups and meal items go in another cup with a lid. I shake it all up so its mixed, pack it in a lunch tote and everything is ready for me wherever I go.
  • Quote: YEP. Click here:

http://www.robard.com/Dieter/LCD.aspx

Recognize the boxes? Same as Diet Direct, New Lifestyle, and bodyandhealthessentials dot com.

YEP. All the same company.
    Same manufacturer, different labels for different companies! However, MF has a different manufacturer which they of course own all rights to.

So far the absolute cheapest, and also simplest, 4wk kit (168 servings)I have found is at Doctors Best Weight Loss dot com, their 4wk kit is only $199 and free shipping. Their website also has a code for 15% off the $199.

I noticed at body essentials states the 4wk kit is only 5 boxes which is only 35 meals. Doesn't make sense to me. $49.95, I think they have a typo and maybe thats only a week.
  • Quote: WS is 9.99 per box where MF is $15.50

WS always has monthly sales and coupons and bulk discounts

MF is harder to get coupons for

Most MF coupons can only be used once per person

Most of the rebate places are starting to drop MF as they don't want to renew their contract for whatever reason.

99% of MF users switch to WS due to variety, sales, and better taste.

WS is free shipping

WS gives free samples

WS acutally offers more food in their packages. 4 weeks on MF is 143 meals, WS is 199 meals.

There is another site thats cheap and simple, 4wk kit (168 servings)I have found is at Doctors Best Weight Loss dot com, their 4wk kit is only $199 and free shipping. Their website also has a code for 15% off the $199. This is the same as WS and NL.

HTH
    Yes, this helps ton! I was wondering about whether I could use another different $50 coupon next month (I found a different one than the one I just used in a magazine the other day). So thankful for 3FC!! Love this site!
  • I just went to check Mr. Rebates dot com again, and it's gone from a 10% rebate down to a 5% rebate!!!! Hmmmmm....
  • I did notice MF was still on ebates dot com and mypoints the other day but I don't remember what the rebate or points value was. That might help a little for those that really like MF.
  • Thank you for making this thread. Like so many of you, I've been searching for cheaper substitutes for MF w/o screwing up my progress. I look forward to trying some of the suggestions & keep you posted!
  • This is a really helpful and informative thread ... thank you!!
  • Mf variance
    When I was on MF a few years back, the boards were like someone mentioned - if you so much as ask about cheaper alternatives, you got jumped on. So I quit and pretty much gained all my weight back. So much for support!!

I found cheaper alternatives at mydietshopz

I like that you can get free samples with your order and they have always been nice with fairly fast shipping.
  • Medifast Plan Details
    I just joined this website so I am the "new kid on the block." I am a single Mom, lost my job but I have found that the job market other than being BRUTAL doesn't always look at a 48 year old as being a top pick. The young ones keep beating me out to spite my experience so-o-o-o-o.... I need to drop some pounds and get into shape to compete.

This is my wish...... can someone PLEASE help me out and give me an idea of what Medifast deems the ideal daily intake of carbs/proteins/calories???? A sample meal plan would be great but I want to take everyone's AWESOME tips and suggestions and TRY to follow on a UNEMPLOYED SINGLE MOM BUDGET. I can't afford the actual MF plan but I can shop wisely and hopefully accomplish my weight loss goals. The info on the shakes, bars and snacks was invaluable but I don't reallly know how much and when each day.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am 5'9" tall, 200 lbs and would like to lose about 50.
  • Chicks on the medifast,and similar liquid diet plans. Is there much difference with the slim fast drinks,and weight loss plan? Similar? Different?..and how. thanks ;o)
  • Thanks to everyone for your posts....I take meticulous notes!!
    I am frustrated by the time it is taking to get my order. MF shipped it out the next day but UPS is taking 8 days to get here. I am going to ask the UPS driver if there is a faster way? I am losing my enthusiasm...trying to start own my own and lost some just by following a low calorie diet while waiting....
  • Quote: I just joined this website so I am the "new kid on the block." I am a single Mom, lost my job but I have found that the job market other than being BRUTAL doesn't always look at a 48 year old as being a top pick. The young ones keep beating me out to spite my experience so-o-o-o-o.... I need to drop some pounds and get into shape to compete.

This is my wish...... can someone PLEASE help me out and give me an idea of what Medifast deems the ideal daily intake of carbs/proteins/calories???? A sample meal plan would be great but I want to take everyone's AWESOME tips and suggestions and TRY to follow on a UNEMPLOYED SINGLE MOM BUDGET. I can't afford the actual MF plan but I can shop wisely and hopefully accomplish my weight loss goals. The info on the shakes, bars and snacks was invaluable but I don't reallly know how much and when each day.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am 5'9" tall, 200 lbs and would like to lose about 50.
    Hi! Try this link, it gives all the info, you can tailor it to "real" food (it has cals, protein, carbs, and fat gms), or using protein powder from Sam's Club or Costco..

http://www.newlifestylediet.com/womensnutrition.aspx

Good luck on everything! I'm 46, and I quake in my boots too if I were to lose my job at this age....you are not alone!!
  • Quote: Hi! Try this link, it gives all the info, you can tailor it to "real" food (it has cals, protein, carbs, and fat gms), or using protein powder from Sam's Club or Costco..

[
    Good luck on everything! I'm 46, and I quake in my boots too if I were to lose my job at this age....you are not alone!!
    That link helps, however it has 2 extra meals. When I did Medifast it had 5 of the 100 calorie meals (some where more calories, some less, but the majority equalied 100 calories) and one lean and green. For a total of 800-1000 calories, average being 900.

I read this thread because I need to restart. However, the soy in Medifast and cost is detouring me. So I'm going to see what shakes, bars and food I could use. Plan on taking a multi vitamin with my dinner as I usually do, so I don't lose out on that.
  • Nutrition
    I was wondering about the nutrition, since it's been a while. I'm using the Dutch Chocolate Shake as the guide:

Dutch Chocolate Shake
    ..........Per Serving.....x5 a Day
    Calories.....90.....450
    Fat ..........1g.....5g
    Sodium.....250mg.....1250mg
    Carb.....13g.....65g
    Fiber .....4g.....20g
    Sugar .....8g.....40g
    Protein .....11g.....55g

The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan provides approximately
    800 to 1,000 per day of calories
    80-100 grams of carbohydrates
    2300 mg day or less of Sodium

Can't find the rest.
  • I was looking for the post the OP, Jehna, was refering to, and found these I'm new and can't post links, but these are the titles, maybe a search...

Homemade Shakes
    Protein Drinks--need advice
    This one is a question from someone on another meal plan, but there are suggestions for protien drinks.

Having Problems on Medifast
    Post 6 has some great ideas, and 8 and 9.

I've been having a protien power shake I found at the big box store for breakfast. It's the HUGE one and has 26 grams of protien for one scoop mixed with water. It is 140 calories, but I figure it will all even out with other items. And I remember Medifast had one bar for more then 100 calories, which I had for lunch to keep me full and feel like I had more of a meal.
    I also found some Fiber 1 bars at a dollar store. they're 90 calores and a bit more carb then I want, but it all evens out.

So far I've lost 5.2 lbs in 10 days. I'm happy.