Old 09-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #1  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Sushi Blues?

One of the most difficult things about living a Medifast healthy lifestyle is feeling like we're missing out on the yummy food fests that come with the social and recreational aspects of dining out and party atmospheres.

My husband and I are huge sushi fans and miss it a lot sometimes. It was over sushi that we fell in love, and where we would often meet friends for dinner on nights out. To combat feeling deprived, we get very fresh tuna from the seafood section of our small local gourmet store. It's not too expensive for now and then. At least it's not as expensive as going out for sushi! We slice it about 1/4 of an inch thick and eat it with low sodium soy sauce that has a dab of wasabi in it. Yum! A cucumber salad goes great with it for our Lean and Green. It REALLY helps when we get that "We're not eating the good food normal people do Blues"

If there are any other sushi ideas out there I'd love to hear them!
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 AM   #2  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

Cucumber Salad

Thinly slice a cucumber, and sprinkle liberally with salt. Leave it for 10 minutes.

Press the excess water out of it by squeezing it gently, then rinse in cold water.

Marinate it in seasoned rice vinegar with fresh or pickled ginger in it. You can also add a 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil, if you haven't used up your oil condiments for the day.

Refrigerate until chilled, then scoop the slices out of the vinegar with a slotted spoon and sprinkle it with a few toasted sesame seeds.

Most of the vinegar and oil should be drained off, so I'm not sure how to count the condiments. It would depend on how much of it you retain.
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #3  

That sounds really good
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote