Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/300/150

Height: 5'4"

Question Water and Shakes

Hi all,

I drink the ready to drink shakes which are 8.25 fluid ounces. Occasionally, I will have the chicken noodle soup. I find myself quite full after drinking my shake and am satisfied until the next one. The problem is that because I am full, it is really hard to get my water in each day. I can drink 32 ounces (mostly at night about an hour after I eat my L&G).

Does anyone else have this problem. How do you get your water in? I would like to be able to drink 64 ounces per day but it seems impossible. Do you sip constantly? How much do you drink? Have you noticed a difference in weight loss if you drink more water than not?

Thanks.
Woserit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #2  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Yes, Woserit, there is a dramatic increase in weight loss with adequate water intake. I'm sure you've been told this a zillion times, but it IS really important! Our bodies need *at least* 64 oz. to flush out the ketones that are produced on this type of diet, or risk serious kidney and liver damage. If you do a body surface/water requirement calculation (there's a medical site on the web that lets you do this, sorry, don't have the link right now) you will find that an overweight person actually needs a lot more. For instance, at 100lbs overweight (myself), I need 15 8oz. glasses. If you chug it all at once, your body can't use it as it should, it just gets flushed through all at once. We are not camels! I really don't mean to do a lecture here, just want you to have a pleasant, healthy experience, like others here have.

What works for me is:
-drink a cup every hour
-to keep track, fill a gallon jug (I just use a washed out milk jug) in the morning, and keep sippin' on it all day!
-drink a cup (slowly-take 5 minutes) before every meal. I like to wash down the bars with another cup
-do you drink a lot of coffee or tea? Try replacing every 2nd one with gool ol' H2O. Ditto with diet pop, etc.
-try taking a sip after every bite of your L&G.

If you can stretch to do this for yourself, you will feel SO good! This is better for your beauty than any cream or potion. Your skin will be supple and moist (and shrink with you better!!!), your "works" will move along better, you will lose weight faster and easier, lots more.

HTH, and good luck! We're rooting for you!
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

I actually try to drink somewhere around 100 ounces of water a day because it is important for me to keep hydrated. I read somewhere (I think a magazine) a while ago that you can find out how much water your body needs each day by dividing your weight in half (for example- 200 pounds would be 100 ounces). I don't know if that's completely accurate, but I try to follow it. I keep water bottles and tend to sip all day. It's harder if you try to guzzle it all at once, plus your body needs the hydration all day long. I think that staying hydrated will help weight loss in that your body won't try to hold onto the water that is in your system because it feels that you aren't getting enough.
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote