Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.5/168/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default stomach issues-day 3

Hi. I am just finishing up day 3. I felt better as the day went on as far as headaches and dizziness but my stomach has been getting worse and tonight it is pretty bad-as in gas. I might be thinner in a few months but I also might be living alone-lol. Does this get better or am I just having a reaction to the food? Thanks
amyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/194/145

There are threads on the Medifast website forums dedicated to "medifarts" and "medisharts". I personally have found some foods irritate my stomach more than others. I CANNOT have anything with those soy crumbles, like the chili or sloppy joe or chicken noodle soup. I don't have more gas than usual but my stomach rumbles a lot. Those soy crumbles gave me actual pains that last 3 hours or so.

I've also read that Beano helps.

Also, I'm on day #9 and already my stomach issues have improved. So, there's hope.
dweedledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #3  
Married to Medifast user

Hub is only having tummy problems from the lean and green meal. It seems to be a big change for his gut every evening. He started on a soluble fiber supplement to calm down the tract and so far it is helping. No one else has piped up to say they have had D. after the lean and green meal I guess. but he has it almost every night.

I have noticed the ingredients in Medifast often include inulin. It is a very hard to digest soluble fiber that causes some people gas. It is the fiber additive in Fiber One and I have heard many people get gassy from that. I have been an IBS expert for 10 years.
Little Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.5/168/140

Height: 5' 5"

I followed your advice and cut out the chili and sloppy joe yesterday and my stomach feels better today-thanks
amyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203 / 189 / 140

Height: 5'3

LOL to "Medifarts/Medisharts". It is so true!

I just thought it was my body adjusting but I will have to pay closer attention to what meals trigger this.
Veronicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

I have not had any issues so far thank goodness! I hope you start to feel better soon.
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote