Intro from Viv (GonnaGitThere!)

• Hi Everyone,

I'm Viv, living in Vermont with my family. I've been fat pretty much my whole life. Funny (NOT!) one of my earliest memories that had to do with my weight was when I was 6 and my father told me in a very unsympathetic authoratative manner that I needed to lose weight. As if it were my fault that I was 'fat' at 6 and was immediately supposed to put a plan into action to put things right! So....weight has always been a very emotional thing for me. Like some posts I've read, the way I found self worth was through putting everyone else first.

Even though this is an intro of myself, I find myself feeling guilty for the amount of "I's" written here. Sheesh!

Althought not medically diagnosed; from what I've read PCOS seems to have played a large factor in my life. I've got an appt. to talk with an ob/gyn and expect to learn more.

I'm really excited about the prospect of following through with my weight loss goals and getting my health under control.

I currently weighed 243 on home scales, 256 at dr. office
    My first goal is 200 lbs. I tried to put one of those tracker things on my post, but haven't figured out how to get in from the "code" stage to the actual post! LOL!
    Viv
  • Welcome, Viv, and good luck!

You include the code for the tracker in your "signature." Go up top and click on "Quick Links" - from there you can edit your signature. Once you have the code for your tracker, just copy and paste it in and your posts will always be attached to your signature and tracker. Hope that makes some sense!
  • Hi Karynlee! Thanks very much for helping me get my tracker up & running. I didn't realize this was a maintainers introduction "place", LOL! I'll be here one of these days though! Have a great evening!