Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 05-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 00/126/123

Height: 5'5"

Default Returning member

Hello everyone,

Gosh it's been 7 years since I first joined 3FC. I was just reading some of my old posts and was amazed how focused I was back then. For those who remember me , I was a chronic dieter - tried just about every diet that appealed to me and maintained 121-125 lbs for 15 years. The maintenance focus became an obsession and last year I sought professional help for my developing eating disorder. Thankfully this therapy worked . It's been a year since I actively recorded and measured foods and macros or followed a specific diet. I have however weighed myself a few times recently and pleasingly have only gained a pound (now 126). Sure, I would prefer to be 3 lbs lighter but I'm not prepared to go down that stressful diet path again. I think I've done pretty well for my 68 years so far.

Furthermore I have turned vegetarian (lacto-ovo vegan) which has proved a healthier WOE. Would love to hear from those who remember me or anyone who would like to chat.

Keep well and safe.
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Pina Hi and back!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 00/126/123

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Dagmar It's nice to be remembered. I checked out the Vegan articles/posts here yesterday and there is a lot of good information available.

I confess that one of my addictions, which I needed to quit early, was posting on all "dieting" forums. I rummaged though my diet forum websites from a year ago and 3FC caught my attention. Although I really don't want to get on the dieting bandwagon again, it's not easy. I can almost smell another weight loss strategy coming on . In some respects, it's a bit like trying to quit smoking (and I won that battle years ago )

Light bulb moment....I should use these last 2 posts to start a blog

Anyway, watch this space. Have a nice day Dagmar and readers

Last edited by Pina; 05-06-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hello, Pina! I too hope you don't go down the path of unhealthy obsession again. There's really no need for that! Good luck with your new lifestyle--it sounds like it's working fine for you.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote