3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   November 8th Weekly Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/49017-november-8th-weekly-chick-chat.html)

L144S 11-08-2004 07:13 AM

November 8th Weekly Chick Chat

Morning, Taking the kids to school and going to hit the Eliptical. I futzed with my computer most of yesterday. Itunes was eating up all of my memory! Had to hand delete all of the duplicate stuff and in some cases was 10 or 15 duplicates, so make a long story short i did not get to the eliptical!

:wave: happy week to all, I will check in later...
-L

dottiejon 11-08-2004 07:17 AM

November 8 to November 14 Daily Chat

good monday!

blue skies but cold today...it's been mild the last week or so, and finally feels like November.

Just have a minute to start us up and say a quick hi to all. Have a good day today- do some exercise, and eat a vegetable!

dottie at 7 am.
It's off to work we go!

Ruthxxx 11-08-2004 07:42 AM

Good Monday Morning! it's cold here too! I've already eated a vegetable - V8 with breakfast - and have my knee support on ready to walk down for the newspaper with Miss Lucy.

Gail comes this morning and most of the tidying is done. I'm sure she'll concentrate on the kitchen floor this morning as the way the painters cleaned up will not meet her high standards!

I'm smack dab in the middle of rehearsal horror show week so don't worry if I'm not around much. I still don't know my lines but AM getting better - slowly. The male lead still has to have script in hand! Oy!

I'm hoping to get some more bulbs planted today. Wish me luck!

Have a good day!

KandiceS 11-08-2004 08:53 AM

Happy Monday! do we have 2 chats going on this week?

Thanks everyone for your kind, encouraging words. Such a good feeling- definitely gives me a boost to continue on with it- now that I'm actualy SEEING changes.

This week hopefully will go by fast- got lots to look forward to- saturday I go for my first dress fitting so I can take Bridals in January and Sunday we meet our pastor again.

Flatts concert was awesome! We actually changed our first dance song (again!) to the song "Broken Road" it's supposed to be their next single... "God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you...." Gotta talk to our DJ and ask him to get that song when he can. and our dance classes- I don't think that will matter (we're taking dance classes and having our first dance choreographed for us) but we only know 3 steps so far- we've only been 2ce and the first time was alot of talking about what we wanted her to do and thing.

Hope you get your bulbs planted Ruth! I have no green thumb at all! I have a spider plant (that will live through anything! I can't kill it!) and that's all the flowers/ plants I can keep- everything else doesn't like me!

Hi to everyone!

KandiceS 11-08-2004 08:58 AM

Happy Monday L! Just wanted to tell you I replied to the other weekly post...

We all need clones! you could be doing eliptical and someone else could be cleaning out the computer! I could be working out and not taking that time away from my family (and making Chris cook supper! hehehehe) Oh well, just get back on it today!

Ruthxxx 11-08-2004 09:54 AM

Just combined threads. Maybe we should start a new week only on a Monday?

L144S 11-08-2004 10:06 AM

Thanks Ruthie! I do believe it IS Moanday ;)

Dottie, Ihope you are still making time for yourself and DH is pitching in a little more.

Kandice I am so gald you had fun. I am going to check out that new song...reward for moving on the elliptical. And congrats on the Jeans, such a great mark for hard work...

Ruth, have fun with the play, I am sure your leading man will come though...I love "gail" days!

We did some major purging this weekend. i feel less cluttered. I am redecorating the kids rooms and met with the decorator on Friday. I like most of what she has chosen. I am going to finally get an office out of all of it too. No more paper storage around the house for me...woohooo!

Ok off to sweat...
-L

Ruthxxx 11-08-2004 10:07 AM

It's SNOWING!!!!! Dammit!

Elvis1517 11-08-2004 11:44 AM

Slowly getting started

I'm slowly getting started back on Low Carb. My biggest down fall has been getting off Mountain Dew...I'm down to one a day and hopefully today that will end as well. The headaches :stars: are here but not as bad as they were the last time :(

It's hard to get started on something when your whole family can eat what they want. The last time, thought, I was able to start cooking and my husband didn't even notice the difference until he started loosing weight and for him that is ok but not too much. :smug:

Anyway, everyone have a great Monday :cheer:

Elvis1517 11-08-2004 12:42 PM

Renewing Vows

I have a question...I have been doing some searching on places for my husband and I to renew our vows in Sept 2005. The problem is this :( ...we met in the Army and his family is in Minnesota and mine are in WV and we live in VA. We want to have an anniversary party for out 10 years but at the same time renew our vows since we got married so quickly and without our families. We were thinking of Niagara Falls, but what I want to do is also include things were people can make a weekend out of the trip if needed.:shrug:

Do you any of you have any ideas of locations that could work?
Thanks

L144S 11-08-2004 12:45 PM

Hey Elvis, Congrats on 10 years and wanting to marry him all over again ;)

Have you though about Vegas? There is always airfare specials, some of the hotels are inevpencive, marriage is there trade and the function halls and food are plenty, with TONS of stuff to do.....
-L

Meowna 11-08-2004 12:49 PM

Good Morning

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here to confess...........ate waaaay too much halloween candy, sugar high hangover now....YUCK. When will I ever learn. I wanted one of those cute little ticker factory slidy scales, but I have not figured out how to attach it to my signature. grrrrrrrr. Hope u don't mind if I post another pic of my little guy, he did sooo well at the daycare party for halloween (we only got in one house that nite as he was in meltdown mode by then).....he was thrilled that Snow White, Cinder Fella and Sleeping Booty was there! HA He actually took part in some of the activities :smug: With his level of autism it is hard to get him to join in with other children, with me I really have to appeal to something that intrests him or he will leave and start tripping out on objects, lining them up, over and over and over again. It is a constant job to keep him focused on the here and now, I am SO GLAD he does not walk backwards anymore!LOL You have no idea how long it takes to walk around the block, with a child who walks backwards. He is saying new words daily, it blows me away. Some things still overwhelm him, like he will eat applesauce, but not an apple (sensory integration disorder), he will eat not touch icecream or jello (no panic there), he does not tolerate sticky things on his hands either. I could go on and on, but the best thing in the world is hearing him speak! I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to hear him call out for me, or say HUG......SQUEEZE.........HA, it is a good day, rain and all. :D

Cheers
Leona

Elvis1517 11-08-2004 01:57 PM

L ~
We have thought about Vegas and my husband would love nothing more :) Just still looking as well...thinking of budgets and something for everyone :) Thanks for the input :)

KandiceS 11-08-2004 02:39 PM

GATLINBERG, TN is real pretty too. We're getting married in the mtns of western NC.
I'm sure Asheville has something

KandiceS 11-08-2004 04:20 PM

You know the little feel good things- I had one today. Just got off the phone with Chris. MIL and her sister came to visit after he got out of work today... they were going on and on about how good the beef stew in the crockpot smelled (been cooking from 7 am- 1 pm and then Chris was supposed to restart it again at 3pm- 5 pm)
Makes me feel good when MIL likes my cooking. I'm taking care of her baby boy- he's definitely not starving!!

L144S 11-09-2004 08:27 AM

Good Morning!

Cold sunny day about 30 this morning and only going to warm up to 40. I am not looking forward to winter and the S word, Ruthie you can keep it!

I took the kids out to breakfast this morning. A weekly ritual and I ran into the Rabbi from our temple. His daughter is having a tough time socialy at her school which totaly suprised me since she is at a private jewish day school. The other kids are into the name brands and such but what is worse is she is seen as a social outcast. I feel for her and her father who has no clue how to help.....

So anyway, I did do the eliptical yesterday but did not check out the new Rascal Flatts song. On my list for today. I am waiting for the sprinkler guy to come by this morning and I am going to hit the eliptical too....

happy day ladies, I hate to end with stay warm but it is so true this morning!
-L

L144S 11-10-2004 06:53 AM

Rise and Shime ladies, A new day is dawning!
BBL to post...
-L

KandiceS 11-10-2004 09:18 AM

ugh- did not want to get out of bed today at all- so cold!! 29 degrees and frost on the fields out back. brrrr!

Started my day early though I had to run to Walmart to get a "snuggie" for my rings- all this losing weight combined with the cold anyways, my fingers have shriveled up almost a full size. FI very protective of the diamond too- obviously doesn't want me to lose it and it slides right off my finger. I love going to Walmart at 7 am- they're just opening, there's no lines, no one in the aisles so you can't get around. go and get what you need and leave.

Lost 3 more lbs this week. 2.7 of it was Body Fat. so I'm happy with that.

does anyone know what the "best" percentage is- like for every lb you lose, should 1/2 of it be fat? If/ when I lose 30 lbs if 15 lbs of it were fat I'd be very happy. I asked the diet instructor at Curves last night and she didn't know but she said she'd find out for me.

Hate wearing pants now- everything is so baggy. I can wear skirts and then it's only the waist and hips that are loose and I can pull down my shirt over it.

Oh well, happy wednesday everyone!

L144S 11-10-2004 11:32 AM

Morning friends!
I am off to do some errands. The gertails(what the kids call them) have been eating the plastic cage. Time to get a new one before they get out! Yikes! :lol:

I did 4 miles this morning, I have time while the kids are at Karate to do another hour. I figure if I can't control the eating I might as well force the exercise..right? Slow work week too. I have a presentation on Friday and have done most of the rest of my work this week. It I work 3 days out next week. I like what I do and I am liking the time to focus on exercising.

So life is good. Happy with being an at home mom and taking on the extra projects. At the moment a friend and I are working on starting a company. We are working on a business plan and trying to figure out how much it will cost to start up and how many clients we would have to take on to make it work. We will see, I am excited about it.

:wave: to everyone.
Kandice I did go listen to a snippet of the rascal flatts song over at itunes. Like it! I am waiting for the holidays in hopes of getting a gift cirtificate. There are several songs I want to buy. Proud and a little green about your weight loss. I wish I could get the scale to move!

Ok off to run errands and try to keep from shivering in this god awful winter like weather...
-L

KandiceS 11-10-2004 12:50 PM

L- gertails- CUTE! just a suggestion- try an aquarium and a lizard cover... that's what we have all our "babies" in.

I had a male guinea pig in Maine with me and he was always in an aquarium, and then FI bought me a little girl guinea pig because I said the male acted sad- and they said they like company. I didn't want the males to fight each other so I thought dealing with the eventual babies would be better (they had one and it was stillborn and then no more babies since) when we re-did our living room this past year with new tv, new couches, and new entertainment center we also bought a new 55 gallon aquarium and stand and that's what the guinea pigs are living in.

SS wanted a pet- we can't have dogs or cats because we're renting and so we settled on getting him hamsters. He's seen us take care of the pigs, he knows what to do- plus he's 11. so he's got 2 hamsters in a 10 gallon aquarium.

Yeah, aquariums are more expensive than cages, but think about it- you already have to buy a new one and I've never bought a new aquarium...

also- I don't know if you have a problem with the litter- the smell of pee and everything but this is what we do: we put a layer of UNSCENTED! kitty litter in the bottom and then pine shavings over top. Make sure you get unscented- the scented kitty litter is too strong for small animals and they could get sick. We found that we can almost 2ce as long without really needing to clean it (every 2 weeks) because the kitty litter absords the pee.

We burned most of the Rascal flatts songs on a CD for me but I still want a real CD. I told Chris it would be a good stocking stuffer. and I saw some eeyore socks at Walmart today for 4.88 those would be good for my stocking too. I know I already got shrek 2 DVD for Christmas from him. (Because I had to get it!!) CVS was having a special- buy $20 of P&G brands and then get $10 off the DVD. well, we needed laundry detergent and everything anyways so I spent $20 and then gave FI the receipt to get the $10 off. He went in the next day and they charged him $19.99 for it!! I saw the receipt- I'm snoopy, not really it was on the kitchen table- and asked him about it- told him they should have charged him $10. So I went back and got $10 back!! $10 more to spend on me!!! :D

well, I guess I'm going to work out tonight because lunch time is over and I'm still at work- I can't leave- too much to do! so I took 15 minutes to get on the internet and swallow some meatloaf

Ms Spotdog 11-11-2004 08:54 PM

Hi guys! I'm being a bad poster this week. Work, boys' school and a couple appointments have kept me busy. I got my hair 'did' on Wednesday (trimmed & highlighted to hide the ever-increasing grey) and had an eye doc appt. this morning. Soooo glad that I'm getting new contacts as I've really been having trouble the last couple months.

Congrats to the losers and the exercisers -

Survivor tonight so I gotta run and finish dinner.

Kel

L144S 11-12-2004 06:45 AM

Morning,
Off to Westren Ma today and back. about 5 hours in the car to and from and the S word is in the forcast!

Gotta run but wanted to say good morning and TGIF!
-L

dottiejon 11-12-2004 06:58 AM

quick hello-

busy this week with an audit at work that started EARLY, that's not fair! But will finish next Wednesday...the auditors are taking a few days off in the middle, so no stress today...

yesterday was DN 10th birthday, 10 kids at Jillians and then the 5 girls slept over. My sister is nuts, but she said they had fun. Then a family dinner last night that was fun. My aunt was visiting with her granddaughter, too cute 6 year old, very sweet and our 10 year old playing with her for the evening- like a big sister.

maybe I'll come back later, just wanted to say hi- off to hit the showers and get on the road.

have a good one,
dottie

s? really? NOOOOO!

Ruthxxx 11-12-2004 08:51 AM

Just a brief check-in The snow has melted but it's very, very cold. I'm in winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves - outdoors, that is!

Busy day coming up with lots of over the phone line rehearsals.

I slept until after 7 this morning after a gruelling dress rehearsal last night. Ted knew his lines a lot better and we ad libbed our way through the tricky parts he didn't know. The struggle scene at teh end went very well except when Ted grabbed my boob by mistake! Nobody was more embarrassed than he was! I just cracked up at the look of dismay on his face. Great moments in theatre!

I promise I'll be in here more when I get my life back next week!

Ms Spotdog 11-12-2004 11:01 AM

Ya weren't wearing the metal bra, were ya? lol!

Ms Spotdog 11-12-2004 08:30 PM

Laci & Connor: Rest in peace. Justice has been served.

dottiejon 11-13-2004 07:08 AM

Amen.

Saturday morning, sleepy, but happy I don't have to go to work. I am just going to lounge around in my jammies for a while. There is actually some snow flurry-ing around out there this morning. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RUTH>
:no:

no big plans for today, some laundry, of course. And cooking, of course. But I think I'll go shopping, and I want to go to Home Depot for a few things.

I am definitely going to bundle up and take a good walk today. I think that even the few (3) walks I've taken in the past 2 weeks are doing me a world of good. I added climbing the stairs to my office to my day- it just gets my heart rate up for a few minutes a few times a day... and I feel it in my thighs already!

That's it for now. I need some more coffee, and want to get a "to do" list together for the day. Pork chops for dinner.

how about you?

dottie

:bubbles:

L144S 11-13-2004 04:16 PM

Afternoon Dottie

With you Kel!

Took My SIL shopping today and let me tell you that I feel for the plus sise girls, she is a 3x. The pickings are SLIM!

I have 8 kids here right now and about to da a little graphic work. my meeting yesterday went really well but it took me over 5 hours to get home for a 2 hour and 20 min. trip. The snow and traffic was a killer!

Have a good Saturday, see you all tomorrow.
-L

Ruthxxx 11-13-2004 04:36 PM

Cold and clear today. I slept in a bit this morning and managed another nap this afternoon. Life is good and I'll have mine back starting tomorrow afternoon.

Good audience and we managed to get laughs and get through it although Ted is missing huge hunks of his lines! No boob grabbing last night!

It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow so I may be able to get some bulbs in the ground if it thaws. Luckily I have a bulb auger that attaches to the electric drill so may be able to do it with that. Sarah will be able to work a couple of afternoons for me next week as she is on midnights. That should get the last of the fall cleanup done.

Right now I am going to have a hot tea by the woodstove and relax before I go to the theatre for 6 to do makeup. Poor Harry is getting very lonely eating dinner by himself.

Have a good weekend, chickies.

Ms Spotdog 11-13-2004 04:39 PM

Boy, I feel for you guys and the snow. Born & bred Cali girl here and I just don't think I could deal with snow on a day to day basis. Driving in it? EEK!

It is a beautiful sunny day here today - clean, crisp air. We just got back from driving to the ball field for the last baseball game of the fall ball season (unfortunately the other team cancelled) so now I have the day wide open! Which is nice but I really did want to watch some baseball and visit with my baseball friends.

8 kids? Wow, L - sounds like fun!

Enjoy you puttering around day, Dottie. I agree with you about the benefits of adding in some exercise. I've been working outside more lately on the weekends and taking a mid day walk during the week and I can tell the difference. It also seems easier to fit in the exercise activity now that I've started it a bit - does that makes sense? Where before I would balk at making the effort to actually go out and rake/pull weeds, etc. but now that I've been doing that a bit I almost (gasp!) look forward to it. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the 5-hour-sweat-&-strain-huff-&-puff kind of exercise (that isn't me) but the get-the-blood-flowing stuff I've been doing does make me feel better.

Hope the play goes well, Ruth - it's this weekend, right?

*wave* hi to everyone else!

Kel

Ruthxxx 11-14-2004 09:26 AM

SsssssssssssssssssssThat's my decompressing after eight weeks of rehearsals, worrying and performing! Today will be a relaxing day with just a few "musts" like making sure my furniture gets from the stage to my livingroom. I'm hoping to get Hershey home this afternoon and then will relax and read in front of the woodstove and wait for the Hollywood and Broadway producers to call!
Enjoy your Sunday!

dottie j 11-14-2004 10:14 AM

hi gals-

here I am at work on sunday- but it's OK, really. I wanted a couple of quiet hours to review some records, and I am not so unhappy to get out of the house these days. So it is not such a bad thing to sit in my office reading...

home is not so much fun. yesterday I cleaned, did MIL's bedsheets(it is a project just to get her out of it long enough to wash and dry the sheets.) I bought her new flannel sheets so the bed is toasty and soft, but she is in it about 20 out of 24 hours a day. I am cranky, argued with her about the heat...she is always cold and the heat is never high enough for her. I can't be in the house-it is too hot. So here I am....at work!

But yesterday I shopped a bit, got some pants for DH and a pair for myself. And last night I watched the first Harry Potter movie. Ended up making fish and baked potatoes and broccoli for dinner. It was good.

that's it...I'd better get some work done-I have to leave at noon to go take DS dogs out. DS and BIL took DN to NYC to see the Christmas show at Radio City and to lunch. I get doggie duty! But I don't mind cause they are adorable- 2 King Charles Spaniels, real lap dogs, and very lovable!

ok, have a good one!
dottie