Suzannes plan nuts are funky. I love the summer fruits and I feel so happy
knowing I can eat my fruit wait 20 minutes and have my all bran with
skim milk.
Aleka, thank you for that web site!!! It is so great to start to feel that
little spark of enthusiasm in us all again This time we are all going
for "gold" I am going to pull out the gazelle Saturday
and get moving!!!!!!
Nikki, I am going to start watching Greer again too!!!! In a few weeks we
all will be right back in that grove !!!!

Lynn, Isn't this weather the pits My dad is having major problems with this
breathing in this humidity

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #17  

Wink

Hey everyone

Today is the day we become FL property owners. We did all our running around yesterday and got the papers off via overnight FED EX. Hopefully they'll get there in time. Our RE agent in FL will notify us when everything is done. I am getting a little excited about it now.

I did pretty well with SSizing yesterday, didn't stay legal all day. I was starving when we got home from doing errands that I ate quite a few handfuls of nuts. My meals were SSized meals though.

lynn, glad that you liked that lasagna recipe. I usually cook with Italian Turkey Sausage, the hot kind. I like to put it in pasta sauce when we have spaghetti. I would imagine it would be good with hamburgh in place of the sausage. I like your idea of putting vegetables inbetween the layers.

nikki, I forgot to tell you about the low carb pasta. DH hated it but, I couldn't taste anything but the pasta sauce I put on it so I didn't mind it a bit. It is a lot more chewier than regular pasta. I think I will stick with the whole wheat pasta I normally buy. Hope you're having a good time at the campground.

ANNE, I'm sorry your Dad is having some problems. I think we'll be getting your weather starting today. We've been having your kind of weather these past few days. I too am glad that we'll all be doing SSizing together. You and Nikki have inspired me, and when I get settled in FL I'll dig out Greer's tapes too. I also have an Oxysize tape too. The woman who does Oxysize doesn't do that PAHHHHH when she lets out her breath.

Have a great day everyone.
Aleka
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #18  

Goodmorning All: I jumped out of bed this morning. I am so pumped about us all doing SS together. We are going to have to share our daily menu's to give the rest of us new ideas to make the food interesting. I forgot to tell I was watching 60 minutes a few weeks ago and they were doing a segment on HSC. Anyway SS is the queen of the channel doing get this 50 million dollars a year. That is incrediable amount of money from just one part of her business empire!!!!!!! Anyway went to that site Aleka and it is incrediable!!!! spent all last evening on it. Anymore sites like that anyone please pass them on. I am trying to plan my meals for the next week and will go to town and pick up a weeks supply of veggies. I shop once a week because we are over 1/2 hour from town. I have a lot of veggies still so am just cutting out the obvious baddies like pasta, white bread, potatoes etc. until then. it is so to feel this pumped again. I have no room here to exercise here except outside so the only exercise I am doing is walking and riding my bike. Well I will be back later, time to walk the dog. Bye for now
Old 08-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #19  

Hi,
It is great that we are all going to be on the same woe again. You guys are the best people I know for encouragement and support
Lynn, I wrote a little note to Aleka on her PM, dont know if you will get it or not. When I've made zucchini lasagna before, I found if you par boil the sliced zucchini in rapidly boiling salt water for about 3 min, then blot dry with a paper towel, the lasagna isn't as runny.
I was reading SS newest SS book last night and I was beginning to fantisize about all the meals I could make. I am glad we can eat fruit too, it is fabulous right now.
Anne, I bet your dad is having a hard time breathing. Heck, I was yesterday myself. The humidity was 100% and it was really warm. Some of the lights in the camper aren't working and we think it's because it's so humid and that's with the ac running constantly. Fall is almost here though. Lots of the leaves are changing color and dropping, seems kind of early to me.
Aleka, congratulations on the house! I hope you have many years of happiness there.
Got to run, take care, Nikki
Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #20  

Lynn, we were posting at the same time again. Someday, we will have to try to get into chat, all of us together. Nikki
Old 08-27-2004, 03:33 PM   #21  

Aleka,
I had some time to kill while doing laundry and checked out that website. That was so nice of her to do that. I copied off a lot of those recipes a long time ago, before the SS site closed, but you know, they all just shoved into a big old book and forgotten. Thanks for the link, it is so handy
Wonder what Peter Pnueman is doing now, anyone know?
I read her personal story and about her DH and yes, I am jealous, what a nice man and family.
Nikki
Old 08-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #22  

Smile

A good Saturday morning to you all,

It's official! We now own a house in FL! Before they signed the papers our RE agent in FL called to let us know that the papers had arrived from us and they were all in order. Then after the signing, he called again to let us know everything went smoothly.

Here are a couple more SSizing sites I have found. One is September's site with SSizing tips and some recipes. www.radecki.net/somersize The other one is something you can download recipes that someone compiled on SS message board before the boards went down the last time. I haven't done anything with this one yet. I keep it bookmarked in case I want to download it sometime because it's about 40 pages long. www.mylegalprotection.com/somersize

lynn, that's a great idea you have about posting our meals. It will give us some meal ideas and keep us on track. I hear you about being 1/2 hr. away from town to do you grocery shopping. We do have a little general store that does carry some groceries about 5 min. away from us, and that's where we get our milk and such when we run out.

Nikki, I don't know what happened to Peter Pneuman. I occasionally went into SS board before I decided to SS again, and after the boards shut down the last time a lot of the old timers don't post there anymore, or if they do, not very often. Before the boards were down the last time because of a hacker, I do recall there was some sort of feud going on between certain people, it got rather nasty. For one reason or another, the webmaster pulled the posts, one person was banned from posting from the webmaster, then she was allowed to post, and she finally stopped posting altogether. It was rather intriguing.

ANNE, hope your Dad is doing better. We're getting the hot muggy weather today, some places may hit 90. Has it cooled off any or is it still hot where you live? It's the weekend...hope your work week went well.

Ok, here is my menu from yesterday:
B: fruit salad (cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, & watermelon)
B: 20 min. later, shredded wheat 'n' bran w/skim milk, regular coffee (I'm going to try doing this without giving up regular coffee).
L: Salad w/veggies, dollop of chicken salad, cheese, & oil & vinegar salad dressing, diet soda made w/splenda
S: 2 hrs. after lunch, plum
D: "pizza"..brown 1 lb. hamb. in skillet, drain fat, add no added sugar pizza or pasta sauce, (I used 2 cups, but it was too liquidy for me, so next time I'll add 1 cup), mix it, then pat the mixture down in the pan, add any toppings you wish, I put sliced green peppers and pepperoni on it, sprinkle whatever type of cheese you want on it, cover and heat until cheese melts. We liked this better than regular pizza. I also had a diet soda to drink.
The only un-SSized thing I had was some champagne DH & I had to celebrate.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Aleka
Old 08-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #23  

Hi,
Congratulations again Aleka, that's just great. I don't blame you for having some bubbles to celebrate, people don't get to buy a new house very many times in your life, especially in FLORIDA! I am (suppose to be green with envy, but happy for you )
I think posting meals is a great idea too. I love to get new ideas so I don't start to get into the rut of eating grilled meat with a steamed veggie every night. That's fine and quick, but I do need some variety too.
Aleka, I didn't get to see that soap opera unfold on SS boards. I quit going there when I quit SS'ing. There seems to be so many boards now where one person or another is trying to cause trouble and get the boards closed down. I don't understand that behavior. Thanks for the websites, I'll bookmark them and look at them when we are done camping.
Last night, it poured rain. We were out at the camper and a couple of friends had stopped by. We still had a good time. It is still kind of rainy this morning, but after noon, its suppose to clear up and be nice for the next week. I sure hope so, for DH's sake if no other reason. He really needs a vacation this time, work was starting to make him crazy.
I found that our Walmart is carrying Hebrew National hotdogs again. They use to be the only ones that I could eat while SS'ing, because they have no funky stuff in them. I thought that was a happy coinsidence. I like to have hotdogs for a quick lunch.
Better get a shower and get back to the camper, Nikki
Old 08-28-2004, 11:49 AM   #24  

Hi All: Before I forget what are the bad ingredients in hotdogs? Surprise Surprise it rained all night and it is still humid. I guess that means MORE rain today. Anne thinking of your father, if you have this weather he is suffering. Aleka thanks for the sites and congrat's on a smooth closure of your house. Reading your post I forgot that I had to give up caffeine in my coffee. That means a few days of headaches are ahead for me. Did my walk today but stayed in the park. The road out of the park has lots of trees so not a breath of wind. We thought the hill would be to hard on us in this humidiy. Had a rough night sleeping. Yesterday I noticed I had a pinched nerve in my back, well every 40 min or so my arms would go to sleep and when I moved the tingling would wake me up. I never nap duing the day because I wouldn't sleep at night but today might be the day. I like the idea of the pizza with the meat crust, will try that soon. I am having a ball making my list for SSizing, I have enough Weight Watcher bread that I will run out tomorrow and into town on Monday for my supplies. Well off to investigate the 2 sites Aleka posted. Talk to you all later
Old 08-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #25  

Happy Saturday Ladies:
Poor dad is having a really rough time. I was even dreaming about him last
night

This morning I did 15 minutes on my gazelle and watched my Body Flex
introduction tape.

I am having rib steak and cole slaw for supper Will be going to Loblaws
on Sunday to pick up more supplies. Its great to be back ladies

Aleka, congratulations on being a Florida home owner!!!

Nikki, I wonder of Pneuman is still around!!! Remember how great that young
guy did and his wonderful recipes?

Lynn, as far as I know Top Dogs are ok. (very low in carbs) Are you going
to the Exhibition this year?

Talk to you guys later

Anne.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #26  

Lynn, I'm not exactly sure what is bad in hot dogs. I think, most of them have food starch and grain fillers. Hebrew National Brand is all meat with soy protein isolate and flavor added. I had a few for lunch, cooked over the fire and they were very good.
Nikki
Old 08-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #27  

Anne, we were posting at the same time. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's problems. Is he using O2 more now? Hopefully, the humidity will decrease soon. It has here. I never thought you guys had such hot, humid summers up there. We are getting a cold wave, that the weather man says came from Canada. I think it must really have come from farther north than that.
Nikki
Old 08-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #28  

Hi again...

ANNE, I'm sorry about your Dad. Our hot and humid weather is supposed to break sometime later tomorrow (Sun.). Hopefully your's will break then too and you're Dad will be feeling better. DH & I love coleslaw. How do you make your coleslaw dressing? Can you give me the recipe? Thanks.

lynn, if you can do it, wean yourself off regular coffee in stages by adding some decaf to your regular coffee until you're using all decaf. I find that regular coffee fills me up rather than making me hungry. I've heard horror stories about what is inside hotdogs. Of course, this was many years ago.

Nikki, that's great about Hebrew National Hotdogs being legal. I too like to eat hotdogs. I've seen them here.

We're having bacon cheeseburgers in lettuce leaves for supper tonight, cooked on the grill, with some fresh tomatoes on the side and a slice ontop of the cheeseburger.

Enjoy your evening.
Aleka
Old 08-30-2004, 06:53 AM   #29  

It's Monday....I'll start a new thread.

See ya there!
Aleka